A Fiend in need is a Fiend indeed.

Called the day reservations opened up for BOG and couldn't get reservations for our Christmas 2012 trip. We decided we are going to WDW from May 27 - June 7 or 8. And again its completely booked. I know some people book several nights for their up coming trips since they're not sure which night they will go. If you are one of those people and have multiple reservations for the time we are going to be there please let me know and maybe we can use your reservation. I'm desperate since i was stupid enough to tell my DD8 that we will go to BOG next time we go. I just didn't realize we would be going back so soon. Also my DD8 wants to sit down and be waited on not go there for a fast food lunch. Can you say spoiled!

Thanks

I would help you if I could, Ray.

For a long time, I have thought the whole Disney ADR thing stinks.

It's not fair that people are allowed to hold multiple reservations. It used to be they could with no penalty at all. Now, they just have to cancel at least 24 hours before. How does that help anyone?

One thing I have noticed is that it seems like they are giving guests same day ADR's at the BOG kiosk during the morning and afternoons. I haven't checked in to this myself, but I have overheard guests doing so. I will pay attention the next time I'm around there and let you know if that's possible.

TCD

Good luck Ray! I hope you can get an ADR!

Thanks. I shouldn't opened my big mouth

I would help you if I could, Ray.

For a long time, I have thought the whole Disney ADR thing stinks.

It's not fair that people are allowed to hold multiple reservations. It used to be they could with no penalty at all. Now, they just have to cancel at least 24 hours before. How does that help anyone?

One thing I have noticed is that it seems like they are giving guests same day ADR's at the BOG kiosk during the morning and afternoons. I haven't checked in to this myself, but I have overheard guests doing so. I will pay attention the next time I'm around there and let you know if that's possible.

TCD

I know why they do it. I hate planning out where I'm going to eat. Our family is to spontaneous for ADRs. I'm going to call everyday we are at the World. And I'll try to go by the kiosk first thing in the morning. I like to do the morning EMHs at the Kingdom. So I'll go straight there and try my luck. By the way, where exactly is the kiosk? Thanks.

And I'll try to go by the kiosk first thing in the morning. I like to do the morning EMHs at the Kingdom. So I'll go straight there and try my luck. By the way, where exactly is the kiosk? Thanks.

I guess maybe it's not exactly a kiosk. It's the counter area that is on the left as you face the Beast's castle, before you go over the bridge. You can't miss it- there are a couple of castmembers there with computer terminals.

TCD

And keep checking online!!!!! Things do open up.

For the future, the website opens an hour earlier than the phone does. That's how I get all our ADRs for the hard to get ressies. It stinks to wake up that early, but 6 AM eastern time on the 180 mark online works.

From what I understand, the 180+10 is what allows you to make reservations for your whole trip. For example, from 180 days from the first day of our trip, I could make reservation for that day plus 10 in the future, so the ADR I made for April 5 was really 187 days out. That's the plus 10. Non resort guests would have to call or get online each day at the 180 mark.

Using the 180 day 6 am online method not only do I get every restaurant I've ever wanted, but I also get the time (give or take 15 mins). I start with the one I know is the hardest and work from there. It used to be CRT. This time I started with BOG. I do know that they hold back some ADRs to give resort guests who check in on a later date and non-Disney guests a shot at them.

I'm a planner. It's a sickness.But since I used to live right next to Disney, and now I only get to visit once every year or two, I enjoy the planning as a way to look forward to the trip.

Resort guests are supposed to be able to book 180 days plus +10. I have been able to do that on the phone but not the computer.

Thanks.

But this seems to conflict with what Kelly says in the next post.

I wonder if it was a computer problem which has been fixed?

From what I understand, the 180+10 is what allows you to make reservations for your whole trip. For example, from 180 days from the first day of our trip, I could make reservation for that day plus 10 in the future, so the ADR I made for April 5 was really 187 days out. That's the plus 10. Non resort guests would have to call or get online each day at the 180 mark.

Using the 180 day 6 am online method not only do I get every restaurant I've ever wanted, but I also get the time (give or take 15 mins). I start with the one I know is the hardest and work from there. It used to be CRT. This time I started with BOG. I do know that they hold back some ADRs to give resort guests who check in on a later date and non-Disney guests a shot at them.

I'm a planner. It's a sickness.But since I used to live right next to Disney, and now I only get to visit once every year or two, I enjoy the planning as a way to look forward to the trip.

Thanks for this information!

I understand about the planning. I think I would be the same way if I had to concentrate everything into a week or so once a year.

So, hypothetically, if I wanted to dine at 'O'hana's on 12/31/13, and I had a Fort reservation for 12/21/13 through that date, I could book an ADR 190 days before 12/31/13? Are there any further restrictions on this such as having to be on the Dining Plan or some kind of package?

And, is 6 am the magic time? I thought I heard of folks who are able to book at 12:01 am on the magic day?

Also, let's say I was trying to game the system (again just a hypothetical), and booked extra days at the beginning of my trip to take advantage of the 190 day window- what happens if I subsequently shorten my trip? Do I lose my dining reservation?

TCD

So, hypothetically, if I wanted to dine at 'O'hana's on 12/31/13, and I had a Fort reservation for 12/21/13 through that date, I could book an ADR 190 days before 12/31/13? Are there any further restrictions on this such as having to be on the Dining Plan or some kind of package?

You are correct. And no restrictions per my experience. Just a valid resort confirmation number indicating your check in date.

And, is 6 am the magic time? I thought I heard of folks who are able to book at 12:01 am on the magic day?

I thought it opened up on the computers at 6 ET...from what I recall when BOG first came online. But that may have only been the magic time for BOG specifically.

Also, let's say I was trying to game the system (again just a hypothetical), and booked extra days at the beginning of my trip to take advantage of the 190 day window- what happens if I subsequently shorten my trip? Do I lose my dining reservation?

TCD

I do not think you would lose those reservations. But I imagine if it became abusively widespread they would have to look at changing the policy...just like they did by requiring deposits and/or cancellation penalties.

However, I could be wrong on it as it's possibly they have enhanced their system to catch those ADRs in the event a resort reservation is shortened. I just doubt it.

So, let's say I have a resort reservation from 12/21/13 to 1/2/14, and I want to make an ADR for 'O'h'a'n'a's' for 12/31/13, I could do so on June 24, 2013 at 6:30 am?

Is that the soonest I can make the reservation?

TCD

Technically I think 6/25...as the +10 benefit for a check in on 12/21 extends through 12/30. I don't think they calculate it as your check in date plus 10 days...I think it is meant to cover reservations for stays up to 10 days. For a check in date of 12/22 you could make ADR's for that day through 12/31 on 6/25/13.

Time of day I am not completely sure on, but I believe it opens up online at 6am ET.

All the above is true. And the magic times are 6am (not 6:30, be on your computer a few minutes early to log-in) by phone and 7am by computer. This is for all ADRs, not just BOG.

I'm not sure there is a need to game the system though because they hold some ressies back. For example, I got my BOG at the time I wanted for day 4 of our 9 day trip. There wasn't a need to pretend we were coming early and shorten later. Hope I'm making sense there. That's also why it's good to keep checking back over a week if you don't get what you want. But I've never really had to do that except when I change my mind about the day or time.

And here's what you can use to figure out the dates. I set a reminder on my calendar for the night before.

http://pscalculator.net/allearsnet/pscalcae.php

Hey Ray check your messages.

Thank you so much for getting those ressies for us. I called immediately and snatched one up. My DD is going to nominate me or Father of the year. And I nominate Jason for Fiend of the Year!

Thank you so much for getting those ressies for us. I called immediately and snatched one up. My DD is going to nominate me or Father of the year. And I nominate Jason for Fiend of the Year!

Looks like a change to the thread title is in order...

"A Fiend helping a Fiend in need, is a Fiend indeed!" :)

9:15. It's real late for us as we usual eat at 5:30 and DD is in bed by 8:00. So it's going to be swimming, then lunch then nap then snack and electric light parade and then a angelic chorus of "daddy is the greatest!" I'm going to keep trying to get earlier ressies and hopefully we can. But it's better then disappoint Gracie.

As a parent of a little one, I find that with a good nap, he can really stretch bedtime at Disney. He's usually in bed at 8 as well, but we were able to do Wishes, Fantasmic, etc, AND he was happy the whole time doing those late night things. (Just don't plan anything the next morning :) )

And check in early. I've had great success with checking in 20 mins or so early and being seated before my ADR. Although, I've never tried it there.