We went to the camper and RV show yesterday - just to look and drool. We fell in love with an ElkRidge 5th wheel. It's was beautiful and had 4 bunks in the back with lots of floor space and a king bed in the "master" bedroom and 2 bathrooms. Ah yes, we had to go back into it again after we were disappointed in travel trailers.

http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=35&c=fifthwheels&sc=ER&i=ER+37+ULTIMATE&view=floorplans&fcmd=showfplan#showgallery

Too bad trucks don't hold families of 7! :-(

I hope they have something like this in a few years when ds #1 is old enough to drive himself! lol

We have 6 in our family and fifth wheel with a similar set up. We love it. We opted for the U-shaped sofa the entire length of the slide with insertable tables at both corners of the sofa to eat at. Did I mention we love this layout. We traded in our travel trailer with the twin over the double bunk for the 4 bunks in our fith wheel. When you start talking that many people and all their possessions (clothes, towels, toys, etc). It's hard to not want the true bunkhouse.

We have also looked into extending our F350 into a 7 or 8 passenger vehicle. It costs around $30,000 to make the 4 door a 6 door.

The kids' legs just keep growing and the trip from Ohio to WDW is a long one with a kid between you. And honestly who knows what God has in store for us, we need a plan B if along comes #5.

Something to consider.

Um... yah... sure... I guarantee it... right after I get out of this jacket with the wraparound sleeves.

batshit-crazy-smiley1.gif

Brian said with the mutts and their crates, we "need" this truck too.

That's awesome as I'm pretty sure that truck will cost more than what this house went for 18 years ago.

I love that 5thW...what I would call the perfect floor plan for a family (although I'm not sure anything fits a family of 7...unless you go with two). We have a travel trailer and while not as big it's basicly that same layout minus 1 bathroom and some of the size. Hard to beat a 5thW on size and space...but then again you pay for it.

If you buy new I'm convinced you'll find the best deals at an RV show. It's pretty easy to find two very similar layouts from different dealerships and then start negotiating with both of them. We actually did that with our Eagle TT. The big difference came down to the offer on our trade in...the place we went offered $1200 more!!! The Jayco was the same size but heavier than the other one but overall I think the Jayco is slightly nicer so we are happy.

If you buy new I'm convinced you'll find the best deals at an RV show.

I never would have believed that, but we bought our current TT at an RV show 2 years ago and that was my experience. We had actually selected the trailer we wanted several months before, but because we were in the middle of an adoption we weren't ready to buy. I had obtained pricing though from a couple of those internet dealers where you drive far away and close the transaction and drive it home. Well as the Keystone factory rep was at the RV show, they were able to beat the best deal I had found by quite a bit. So....even though Uncle Bob wasn't willing to pay for it, we bought it anyways.

I think the factories give the dealers an extra kickback for shows and that's how they are able to give better deals. That's what I was told by a sales person...he did not use the word kickback. But it's one of those things that you say yeah sure buddy thinking they are just trying to give you a reason to buy sooner rather than later. But yeah it seems like it's true...show prices are better. However I'm sure someone will always be able to get a better deal but I think on average it just maybe be true.

Awesome Peterbilt truck but man that first presenter is terrible...his favorite word was beautiful the "big man" isnt as bad....his favorite word...luxurious They both also like to say "ladies and gentelmen" very often...hahahaha. They really need to lose the suits too. Who drives a big truck wearing a suit? I want to buy a truck from someone that looks like he drives trucks and actually knows what to look for in a truck.

Anyone else notice the DVD playing in the video is Dave Ramsey? The financial advisor who believes you should pay cash for everything and never take an auto loan. Well-played salesmen with the subtle hint to pay cash for this luxurious and nice truck.

Anyone else notice the DVD playing in the video is Dave Ramsey? The financial advisor who believes you should pay cash for everything and never take an auto loan. Well-played salesmen with the subtle hint to pay cash for this luxurious and nice truck.

I always try to pay for everything in cash. Problem being is that I have yet to find a place that takes monopoly money.