Via Napoli - Italy pavilion, Epcot

Well here's a timely review from the Disney Food Blog on Via Napoli, located at the back of the Italy pavilion at Epcot. Some of the Wild Womenz ate here just a couple of weeks ago and we enjoyed it very much!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/02/25/guest-review-lunch-at-via-napoli-in-epcots-italy-pavilion/

Excerpts...

Frito-Misto-600x318.jpg

Frito Misto

Capriciossa-Pizza-600x451.jpg

Capriciossa Pizza

Prosciutto-e-Melone-pizza-600x451.jpg

Prosciutto e Melone pizza

Pizza-600x267.jpg

Pizzas are made to match ingredients used in Italy!

Tiramisu-600x560.jpg

Tiramisu!

We had dinner there one evening on our last trip. The food was very good but it was the service there that we found outstanding. We did Le Cellier (great food) and the Brown Derby (okay food) on this trip as well and were absolutely underwhelmed by the service in both. Via Napoli was wonderful! Our server was super attentive and nice, so much so that we made sure to mention it to the manager. It is the only table service restaurant we plan to go back to on our next trip.

I tried a bite of Judy's Carciofi (sp?) pizza. It's a white pizza with artichokes, truffles and a blend of cheeses. If you like truffles it's dynamite (I do).

I had the Fritto Misto recently and it was really good, although it could have used either a different sauce (comes with a spicy marinara) or a couple of different sauces for the various stuff. The calamari was the star of the plate - cooked perfectly and very tasty. The veggies were good, but nothing special. Arancini (rice & cheese balls) were good but were one of the things that could have benefited from a different kind of sauce for dipping.

So a pizza that serves 3 to 5 people is $41?

Forty one?

Dollars?

American?

That better be some good pizza.

Looks like there are some unusual choices- anyone have a recommendation?

TCD

If you're talking about that huge pizza, it's worth it and it would probably feed at least 5 people.

I'm partial to regular old pepperoni, but I do love a margherita as well.

DSCF3962.jpg

So a pizza that serves 3 to 5 people is $41?

Forty one?

Dollars?

American?

That better be some good pizza.

Looks like there are some unusual choices- anyone have a recommendation?

TCD

Three of us split the one size down from ginormous pizza last year and there were pieces left over. It was the white one Mo mentioned and was fantastic, outstanding, delicious... You get the picture. In the end we left stuffed for about $14/person including tip. There aren't many TS restaurants in WDW where you can do that!

Three of us split the one size down from ginormous pizza last year and there were pieces left over. It was the white one Mo mentioned and was fantastic, outstanding, delicious... You get the picture. In the end we left stuffed for about $14/person including tip. There aren't many TS restaurants in WDW where you can do that!

That's a good point. This is a nice TS restaurant...not Pizza Hut.

DH would probably love it if the kids and I split the cost of the meal with him. :rofl2:

Actually it would be great if they opened a window for pizza by the slice as a walk up!

I'd read that they were selling slices at one point, but if they were, I missed it.

They use to do that. Me and my DW did that and really liked it. That's why on this last trip we ate inside.

No offense to Pizza Hut intended. Maybe Via Napoli should deliver to the Fort. 30 minutes or less, guaranteed. Any size pizza $50.

None taken buy me. I was surprised on our last trip we that could have pizza delivered to the Fort. It only took us 30 years to think of it.