The last time we were able to camp was more than 2 years ago  :banana:.  There were some health issues with several family members that have kept us home instead  :rofl2:.  We are so looking forward to our next trip to the Fort in October  :rofl2:.  I love looking at the pictures of other peoples camp sites.  It has helped me try to organize for camping trips in the past.  I have some questions for you all. 

We use an electric kettle in the mornings for our coffee and to boil water for instant oatmeal for breakfast then off to the parks.  What other time saving and organization tips do you all have?  Please share you camping secrets!  Shower times, laundry tips, organizing clothes, tents you name it.  I hate waiting until the last minute....LOL! 

Our camper has a little compartment door that opens to a storage unit.  Its between the girls bunks.  I put a laundry basket in the storage area so my girls just lift the door throw in the dirty clothes.  When the basket is full i pull it out from outside and head to the laundry room.  I hate dirty laundry everywhere so i love this little trick.

I keep a George Foreman in the TT so I usually don't have to use the stove. Our stove in the TT is bigger than many we're seeing on new models but I cook with electric at home and prefer that. Between the outside grill and the Foreman, kitchen cleanup is much faster and propane seems to last forever.

The biggest time/space saver for me is getting the kids clothes organized before hand.  Last year I took enough clothes for all of us for the entire trip (7days) in plastic bins.  We are tent campers, I can tell you it was not easy that way.  MomofsixinSC was telling me how easy it was to put her kids clothes in individual bags for the day and I do believe I will try that this year, and honestly, I will plan on doing laundry one day and cut the amount of clothes in half, dealing with all those clothes was mind boggling.  I like the idea of half the clothes and having a down evening doing laundry while the kids play around outside.  My kids are young still 12, 11, 10, 2 and 8 months so we don't spend the entire day at the parks, we go over in the morning, usually come back to swim, lunch and a nap and if everyone is happy, maybe go back to the parks.  My kids love the enviroment of FW and actually chose to hang around camp a few times, that I didnt expect!  Oh yea.. this trip I will buy everything I need food wise at home and plan that out a little better, I think I must have made 5 trips to Turkey Lake Walmart that week... that got REALLY old!

Don't forget the Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets.  They are also available in an allergy free variety, if needed.  Either is a LOT easier than lugging boxes or bottles of laundry products, and a lot cheaper than buying the little boxes out of the machines.  And there is a closer WalMart than Turkey Lake...just down 535.  And the other way off 535 the closest store is a Winn Dixie.

Don't forget the Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets.  They are also available in an allergy free variety, if needed.  Either is a LOT easier than lugging boxes or bottles of laundry products, and a lot cheaper than buying the little boxes out of the machines.  And there is a closer WalMart than Turkey Lake...just down 535.  And the other way off 535 the closest store is a Winn Dixie.

I didnt know about those 3-in-1 things my last trip but they are numero uno on my list this year, and I actually did find that Winn Dixie and the other walmart on my last day.  Something went wrong with my GPS while I was down there, I've got that girl disability that can't follow a map or directions very well so I stuck with what I knew and it was a long haul for sure!!!  But now I know and I'm already planning for the October trip, so hopefully I can avoid all the little things that drove me nutty last trip :D

Last year I bought a toaster/convection oven by Oster. It was $99.00 at walmart and it works great. It will fit a 9x13 pan, so I can bake casseroles, cakes, cookies.....It will also fit a whole frozen pizza. I hate using the oven in the TT, especially if it's hot outside. Also wastes propane. I keep the oven outside on the picnic table if I'm using it for an extended time. I like to cook a half spiral sliced ham for dinner one night, then we have leftovers for sandwiches.

I didnt know about those 3-in-1 things my last trip but they are numero uno on my list this year, and I actually did find that Winn Dixie and the other walmart on my last day.  Something went wrong with my GPS while I was down there, I've got that girl disability that can't follow a map or directions very well so I stuck with what I knew and it was a long haul for sure!!!  But now I know and I'm already planning for the October trip, so hopefully I can avoid all the little things that drove me nutty last trip :(

I have them on my list already too.    We have used the Meal Plan with all of visits in the last few years and this year we will be too.  This will probably be our last time since the quads are quickly coming "of age" in Disney standards.  No longer cost effective but we really wanted it this trip. 

I usually pack in bins too whenever we travel.  I like the differnt bags.  What do you think about packing everybody's outfits in a duffle.  One duffle for each day.    The bins get old quick, but made more convenient.

I can bake casseroles, cakes, cookies.....It will also fit a whole frozen pizza. I keep the oven outside on the picnic. I like to cook a half spiral sliced ham for dinner one night.

When ya'll going to be at the fort again?? drool.gif

:( Anytime I'm there, you're more than welcome to join us!! I come from an Italian family so I always make too much food (or is there such a thing? :)))

I can bake casseroles, cakes, cookies.....It will also fit a whole frozen pizza. I keep the oven outside on the picnic. I like to cook a half spiral sliced ham for dinner one night.

When ya'll going to be at the fort again?? drool.gif

:( Anytime I'm there, you're more than welcome to join us!! I come from an Italian family so I always make too much food (or is there such a thing? :)))

Italian drool.gifdrool.gif

I didnt know about those 3-in-1 things my last trip but they are numero uno on my list this year, and I actually did find that Winn Dixie and the other walmart on my last day.  Something went wrong with my GPS while I was down there, I've got that girl disability that can't follow a map or directions very well so I stuck with what I knew and it was a long haul for sure!!!  But now I know and I'm already planning for the October trip, so hopefully I can avoid all the little things that drove me nutty last trip :))

I have them on my list already too.    We have used the Meal Plan with all of visits in the last few years and this year we will be too.  This will probably be our last time since the quads are quickly coming "of age" in Disney standards.  No longer cost effective but we really wanted it this trip. 

I usually pack in bins too whenever we travel.  I like the differnt bags.  What do you think about packing everybody's outfits in a duffle.  One duffle for each day.    The bins get old quick, but made more convenient.

Duffles would definately take up less space than the bins, I'll probably go that route this year to.  I have been debating the DDP but I just dont know if I'll get my money's worth, my kids are now all considered adults (except for the babies of course) and they are picky eaters.  What kind of tent do you use?  I used a huge 19 x 12 last year and we all had plenty of room,  debating if I want to do something a little smaller this year for me, dad and babies and let the 3 older ones have their own tent.....

My brother got each of the children (except the youngest) their own suitcase a few years ago.  I pack each child's clothes in their own suitcase.  I put each day's clothes, including underwear, socks, etc. in a plastic bag form the grocery store.  I also put their pj's in a bag.  Each night, they take their pj's out of a bag and put their dirty luandry back inot that bag and put it in their suitcase.  When traveling, we all wear the same color top each day,  so I just tell them the color of the day and they get themselves ready to go with minimal muss.

Well we just solved our tent delema for October.  I won my first bid on ebay for our home away form home.  It is a huge 4 bedroom tent.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't take a week to set up.  I should be getting it within the next 14 days.  I have to settle the bill tomorrow thru paypal but the kids are very excited.  We can all be in the same tent yet it looks like we will still have some privacy.  If the tent doesn't fit on the site we can opt out of one of the rooms and set it up detached for storage if we need to.  This tent should be 20x20 maybe.  We have nbeen using 2 tents but I wanted us all together.  I am the one who gets freaked out.  Not so much at the Fort but when we camp elsewhere.  As soon as I figure out how to post a picture I will.  We also have our easy up screen room. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEXUS-12-Person-Massive-Family-Camping-Dome-Tent-/220743105275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3365507afb

Here is another one.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't hear horror stories or bad reviews.  I looked for several days trying to find reviews but didn't find any.  I figured I would bid and Matt liked it too so we went for it.  I like the attitude if it was meant t o be it will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqwusSZJLgM  here is a slightly larger version.  Love the idea that Matthew will be able to walk around!  After seeing this I was a liitle overwhelmed by the size.  LOL!! No more  she's in my space or his feet smell.... :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEXUS-12-Person-Massive-Family-Camping-Dome-Tent-/220743105275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3365507afb

Here is another one.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't hear horror stories or bad reviews.  I looked for several days trying to find reviews but didn't find any.  I figured I would bid and Matt liked it too so we went for it.  I like the attitude if it was meant t o be it will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqwusSZJLgM  here is a slightly larger version.  Love the idea that Matthew will be able to walk around!  After seeing this I was a liitle overwhelmed by the size.  LOL!! No more  she's in my space or his feet smell.... :D

That thing is bigger than my RV.  Do you need a tow vehicle to bring it down?  :bugeyes:

Wow!  It's like a tent with slides!  :doublebeer:  Congratulations!

Love it..... a tent with Slides!

Making the payment as soon as my calls slow down.  Should have it in the next 2 weeks.  Might just have to do some backyard camping!

Another great tip for using the crock pot is to use the liners.  Some of the meals we even put together in the liner at home and then put in a zip loc bag. When you're ready to cook just take out of the zip loc drop the liner with meal already in it in the pot, add any liquids needed and your off in less than a couple of minutes. Great to have a meal waiting on you when you get back to camp. Super easy clean up too.