Good place to watch the Castle projection show & MSEP

Main street around Caseys is the best place to catch both. It does get crowded, so get there early.

And before the die hards jump in, this is the best place to get the full effect of all 3 shows. Main street is the intended viewing location for Wishes as Disney laid out the show. This area (from Caseys back to the train station) gives you the illusion Disney wants you to have during the show. The fireworks going off behind and above the castle. You can see the show from other parts of the park, but its not the full effect. So it depends on the experience you want.

Its hard to catch all 3 (parade, castle projection show, and wishes) without being on main street. Unless you are fast and can navigate the crowds good. If you sit on the curb right by Caseys, watch the parade then just stand up and watch the castle show and wishes. No moving required. Or stake out the balcony at the train station. You get a good view of all three if you get there early enough.

That's our normal vantage point as long as you don't mind sitting for a while.

That's my problem, I am just not willing to sit still and hold down a piece of concrete to watch any show. So I don't think I've EVER watched any of those shows at their best vantage point, but I'm OK with that. If I really want to see the parade, I'll get a meal reservation at Tony's, if I really want to see the fireworks, I'll book the dessert party. Standing around holding concrete down just doesn't work for me.

That's my problem, I am just not willing to sit still and hold down a piece of concrete to watch any show. So I don't think I've EVER watched any of those shows at their best vantage point, but I'm OK with that. If I really want to see the parade, I'll get a meal reservation at Tony's, if I really want to see the fireworks, I'll book the dessert party. Standing around holding concrete down just doesn't work for me.

Bonus with the Dessert Party. Dessert!!! Love that. I may have to see if it's available in July.

Yeah, I was hoping to not have to sit for that long. Really, I'd like to do wishes and the 11PM parade, but I'm not sure DS can last that long. While some Fiends think the MSEP SMB, Zachary loves it.

We watched it from right in front of the castle last time, but we had to get there EARLY.

I agree with Devores- the best viewing of the projection show and fireworks is from Main Street. But, it can be uncomfortably crowded.

I have marked a few spots on this aeriel shot that are good places to watch the projection show and fireworks, and maybe not have an iPad guy or kid on his dad's shoulders in front of you:

viewing_zpse4f405a7.jpg

You could watch the parade from near one of these spots, and then head there right after the parade and find a good place to see the projection show and fireworks.

I would like to give the train station a try some time. In my opinion, though, it's too far away to enjoy the projection show.

TCD