its camping time once again..

alright, maybe not quite yet for some of us. lol here are a few pics from a campground in Plumtree, NC. Toe River Lodge is definitely in the mountains and ran by an awesome family. http://www.vancetoeriverlodge.com/

They rent cabins and yes even YURTs. They have a work camp program which is really cool. We were there I believe in 2004. Looking at their website now-things have changed.

Go to their site and check out their work camp programs. It was really neat to stay there. But, if I recall correctly the road in the campground is pretty steep..

Here's a few pics..

PICT0030_zpsf7f2935b.jpg

PICT0027-1_zps4083b9cb.jpg

our site...

PICT0026-1_zps753d8a77.jpg

PICT0025-1_zps55b85348.jpg

and what do you think this picture is...

PICT0023-1_zps1a5bff14.jpg

yes, it's bees.. i can't remember if it was honey that they raised the bees for or what but it was kinda neat to see.

PICT0022-1_zps71edfbc3.jpg

they also grow christmas trees. again, i can't remember which type it was. but, i know it can only be grown in certain areas-like where they are located.

PICT0021-2_zpsd6744e50.jpg

here is one of the yurts that they rent out..

PICT0017-1_zpsc3ff0920.jpg

they had horseback riding at the time we were there.. a view from the sites above..

PICT0009-1_zpsec5a30f4.jpg

a view of the mountains and their trout pond. they raised trout and feed them at a certain. that was really neat to watch.

PICT0007-1_zps79fdaa0a.jpg

a few pics of our site from different angles.

PICT0006-1_zpsb1c5ee41.jpg

PICT0005_zpsb5b65337.jpg

PICT0003-1_zpsec229c05.jpg

again this was in 2004? and now i really think i want to go back for a couple nights.. check them out if your looking for a campground that is peaceful and relaxing in the mountains..