New Disney PhotoPass Attractions+ Package

From WDW Magic...

Disney's PhotoPass introduces new 'Attractions+' package

Mar 11, 2013 | 1:51pm EST

Disney's PhotoPass service has introduced a new package called 'Attractions+'. The new service gives you digital files of all the participating attraction photos taken within a 14 day visit to Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort for a cost of $44.95. Currently the service has to be purchased at a photo center on-property, it is not available online. Here are the full details from Disney.

NEW! Disney Attractions+ now available at Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts.

Take home all the thrills, spins, and speed with Disney Attractions+. Disney Attractions+ is your all access pass to all your Attraction images – for one price.

Product Details:

- Attractions+ is sold at participating Attractions Photo Sales Centers.

- With Attractions+ you will have digital files of all the participating Attraction photos taken within a 14 day visit to Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort.

- Once you arrive home from your vacation, you can view and download all the high resolution photos plus a limited license agreement, which allows you to print photos at any local photo processing center.

Walt Disney World Resort Participating Attractions:

- Space Mountain® Attraction

- Splash Mountain® Attraction

- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin® Attraction

- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™

- Rock ‘n Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith

- Expedition Everest® Attraction

- Dinosaur Attraction

- Test Track® Attraction

Disneyland Resort Participating Attractions

- Space Mountain®

- Splash Mountain®

- Radiator Springs Racers

- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™

- California Screamin'

Disney Attractions+ Includes:

- Disney Attractions+ Card

- Digital Downloads of select Attractions

All for $44.95

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/photopass/news/11mar2013-disney%27s-photopass-introduces-new-%27attractions%27-package.htm

This was launched back in Dec. Its just getting publicity now.

And Mo is correct, Photopass + does include the ride photos and the dining photos plus all of your regular photos.

If you are into the whole ride photos thing, this is a good deal. If you go for the cheapest option, a digital copy of your photo for $14.95, 3 photos will be your break even point. If you go the more expensive route and get the prints, you would break even after just two rides.

But, Photopass + is a better deal if you have allot planned. The cost is $199 ($149 if you preorder) and you get unlimited photos taken by DPI photographers. Every park, water park, and Downtown disney has DPI photographers. Nearly every character has a photographer assigned to them and every icon (castle, tree of life, hat) has at least 10 photographers positioned around them. Plus your dining photos are included. Plus your ride photos.

Compare this to just the standard CD with your photos on it for $169. You break even before you even start. And you can easily get 1000 photos froma one visit to each of the parks. Plus, everyone gets to be in the photo.

As a PSA: The attractions + deal is sold and maintained by the merchandising folks who run the view kiosks at the attractions. DPI (photopass) has nothing to do with this program and cannot help if there is a problem with it. The best we can do is make a phone call which will most likely end up having you walk back to the attraction that had the error. It is two seperate systems and we cannot access the ride photos.

Photopass + is our program and can do anything needed.

The Photopass+ sounds like a good package. I'm not a big fan of the ride photos other than for comic effect...so snapping a photo of the monitor even with the text that covers the photos is good enough for me. But if they came with a package which including dining photos I'd take them. The thing that would be nice, and we've never done this at WDW, would be to get a full Photopass package. There are so many opportunities to get pictures throughout the parks and if you have the package you can take advantage of them all and get some great shots. We did a photo package on our Disney Cruise and basically got pics taken everytime we saw a photographer. And there are far fewer opportunities on a cruise ship for basically the same price.

... If you go for the cheapest option, a digital copy of your photo for $14.95, 3 photos will be your break even point.

Seems like there's usually a promo code kicking around for $5 off the downloads. I just used one for the WWW photos and there was one the last couple of times we had a few PhotoPass pics we wanted too. If you only want a handful, it's not a bad deal at $10 each - and then you can run off as many copies as you want for relatively cheap.

I'm thinking this year we're going to use PhotoPass a lot more and probably preorder. I've got eighty million pics of "stuff" at WDW but very few pics of us. Maybe this year will be the "get some people in the photos" year.

...or the "stalk Dave and get him to take all our PhotoPass pics" year. 8)

How soon do you have to preorder? How late is too late?

For the Photopass + preorder price of $149, it has to be ordered 14 days prior to arrival. Any later than that and it is the regular $199.

The Photopass+ sounds like a good package. I'm not a big fan of the ride photos other than for comic effect...so snapping a photo of the monitor even with the text that covers the photos is good enough for me. But if they came with a package which including dining photos I'd take them. The thing that would be nice, and we've never done this at WDW, would be to get a full Photopass package. There are so many opportunities to get pictures throughout the parks and if you have the package you can take advantage of them all and get some great shots. We did a photo package on our Disney Cruise and basically got pics taken everytime we saw a photographer. And there are far fewer opportunities on a cruise ship for basically the same price.

There are allot of photographers and all of them take different shots, different ideas, we now have props we use at some locations, and magic shots. You could easily have 1000 photos from just one visit to each of the parks and water parks (yes we have photographers in the water parks). Every park has thier own magic shots and every area has its own. You could take 3 photos in the same spot with 3 different photographers and get 3 uniqe pictures. And if youre looking for us, you will find us everywhere. MK alone deploys 120 cameras on an average day. Thats 120 photographers out and about.

Seems like there's usually a promo code kicking around for $5 off the downloads. I just used one for the WWW photos and there was one the last couple of times we had a few PhotoPass pics we wanted too. If you only want a handful, it's not a bad deal at $10 each - and then you can run off as many copies as you want for relatively cheap.

I'm thinking this year we're going to use PhotoPass a lot more and probably preorder. I've got eighty million pics of "stuff" at WDW but very few pics of us. Maybe this year will be the "get some people in the photos" year.

...or the "stalk Dave and get him to take all our PhotoPass pics" year. 8)

Yes, online right now they have 3 digital downloads for $30. They always have promos on the website.

Most of our photographers enjoy taking pictures and treat each session as if it were thier pictures they are taking. They take pride in how the shots come out and love when the guests like the photos. Allot of them run thier own studios on the side and work at Disney for fun. So you really are getting good pictures.

Can the very wealthy hire a personal Photopass photographer to follow them everywhere?

With the right size checkbook, you can do anything at Disney. But honostly, if there is a place youd like a picture taken and there isnt a photographer there, find one and drag them over there. We are not glued to one spot and can (within reason) take photos at other places. Of course, dont drag a MS photographer to space mountain, but if youd like your picture taken in front of the piano at Caseys, ask the photgrapher at Crystal Palace to come take some shots. We also have rovers walking around the park taking candid shots of cute things we see. kids eating ice cream or playing in the splash areas. Grab one of those and ask for a shot. And if you have a shot you always do, dont be afraid to ask the photographer to do it. Last tip, we can use your camera. If you need instant gratification, hand us your camera. We will snap a few for you. But remember, they are digital, you dont need to hand us 4 cameras to take the same shot (yes, it happens all the time). Share them later. It only takes a few mins to get 5 or 6 shots then youre on your way. Make it part of your touring plan. Work in a few mins here and there to stop for the photos. It is well worth it.

Oh I'm betting for the right price that can be arranged!

Stalking Dave is cheaper.

...and more fun.

Haha

Preorder before arrival day.

See notes above. The CD is before arrival day, Photopass+ is 14 days prior.

On a side note. If you do not want the photopass photographer to take photos, (mainly at character meet and greets) just let us know. We dont get offended, we dont hate you for it, we just like to know so we do not get in your way. BUT, if you do use photopass (especially those who have photopass + or preorder the CD), please do not block out the photographer. Too many times guests hand us a photopass + card and then start shooting thousands of photos with thier own camera and block us from getting those great shots. Then they get upset when we miss the hug, or Cinderella kissing little Johny on the cheek. remember, we are taking the photos for you. These are your pictures. You paid us to take pictures when you bought the package and we will get the best shots (better than most guests will). we work with these characters everyday. we know when and how the react to a situation, what they do and when. We can predict the shot and catch it at the right moment.

Its kind of funny when you hear dad next to you holding the shutter down snapping thousands of pictures and and we take 6 well calculated shots and get better results.

For the Photopass + preorder price of $149, it has to be ordered 14 days prior to arrival. Any later than that and it is the regular $199.

There are allot of photographers and all of them take different shots, different ideas, we now have props we use at some locations, and magic shots. You could easily have 1000 photos from just one visit to each of the parks and water parks (yes we have photographers in the water parks). Every park has thier own magic shots and every area has its own. You could take 3 photos in the same spot with 3 different photographers and get 3 uniqe pictures. And if youre looking for us, you will find us everywhere. MK alone deploys 120 cameras on an average day. Thats 120 photographers out and about.

Yes, online right now they have 3 digital downloads for $30. They always have promos on the website.

Most of our photographers enjoy taking pictures and treat each session as if it were thier pictures they are taking. They take pride in how the shots come out and love when the guests like the photos. Allot of them run thier own studios on the side and work at Disney for fun. So you really are getting good pictures.

With the right size checkbook, you can do anything at Disney. But honostly, if there is a place youd like a picture taken and there isnt a photographer there, find one and drag them over there. We are not glued to one spot and can (within reason) take photos at other places. Of course, dont drag a MS photographer to space mountain, but if youd like your picture taken in front of the piano at Caseys, ask the photgrapher at Crystal Palace to come take some shots. We also have rovers walking around the park taking candid shots of cute things we see. kids eating ice cream or playing in the splash areas. Grab one of those and ask for a shot. And if you have a shot you always do, dont be afraid to ask the photographer to do it. Last tip, we can use your camera. If you need instant gratification, hand us your camera. We will snap a few for you. But remember, they are digital, you dont need to hand us 4 cameras to take the same shot (yes, it happens all the time). Share them later. It only takes a few mins to get 5 or 6 shots then youre on your way. Make it part of your touring plan. Work in a few mins here and there to stop for the photos. It is well worth it.

Haha

See notes above. The CD is before arrival day, Photopass+ is 14 days prior.

On a side note. If you do not want the photopass photographer to take photos, (mainly at character meet and greets) just let us know. We dont get offended, we dont hate you for it, we just like to know so we do not get in your way. BUT, if you do use photopass (especially those who have photopass + or preorder the CD), please do not block out the photographer. Too many times guests hand us a photopass + card and then start shooting thousands of photos with thier own camera and block us from getting those great shots. Then they get upset when we miss the hug, or Cinderella kissing little Johny on the cheek. remember, we are taking the photos for you. These are your pictures. You paid us to take pictures when you bought the package and we will get the best shots (better than most guests will). we work with these characters everyday. we know when and how the react to a situation, what they do and when. We can predict the shot and catch it at the right moment.

Its kind of funny when you hear dad next to you holding the shutter down snapping thousands of pictures and and we take 6 well calculated shots and get better results.

Your absolutely right on the 14 day. I forgot that difference with the CD.

devores dear, is there someplace we can use to find all the magic shot locations?

I will work up a list and post the locations where the magic shots are. It may take me a min though

I love the pictures they take of Z as he's walking up to the characters because they show his excitement.

The pre show photos. They are the greatest photos but the hardest to get. Why? The kids are so excited they run up before we have a chance to finish the interaction with previous guest. We have to finish thier photos, scan the card and hand the card back. By then, little johny has allready bum rushed mickey and has him in a bear hug.

Thanks for all the great info, Dave!

Np, I love my job and believe in the program. Its a great offering. I myself have a photopass account with several hundred photos in it, and I live here. And yes I do purchase things from the site.

now that we have a PP photographer right here on FF...do we have a devoted page for PP info? this is some good stuff!

If there is a great enough demand, I can see a page useful.

Here is another tip. Everything we do in the view stations in the parks you can do online at your lesuire. No need to wait in line unless you have a problem or need to combine photocards. Even if youre "missing" photos, you can contact customer support and they can find your photos. Of course, its easier to do in the view stations.

Every park has a view station in it. It is always on the left hand side as youre exiting the park. Easy. There is also a view station at Downtown Disney in the guest relations area. There are also view stations in the lobby areas of the Grand, Poly, Contemporary resorts.

Not all photographers are trained on all magic shots. Not all Magic shots are done all of the time. Some you just have to be lucky and find a photographer in the location. Magic shots are not done at night. We save all of our magic for wishes after the sun goes down. Please note, this is a show for us and we like to work our way up to the magic and have a routine we do to make it a production for the guests. Please let the photographers work up to it and do not just insist on the magic shots. They will be offered, if not you can ask for it at the end.

Photopass Magic shots:

Magic Kingdom:

Main Street

Tinker Bell

Photo0380.jpg

Crystal Palace, Liberty Square

Prince Naveen, Princess Tiana as a frog

tiana-cynthia.jpg

frog-1.jpg

Tommorow Land Bridge, Fantasyland Bridge

Balloons

MTT_Magic_balloons.jpg

Be Our Guest Area

Chip

chip-cynthia.jpg

Under the Seas Ride area

Sebastian

sebastian-cynthia.jpg

Pirates of the Caribien area

Capt Hook

hook.jpg

The Nook (Fairy meet and greet) area

Wings (only available when there is only 1 fairy meeting)

wings-2.jpg

During Halloween Parties Only:

Liberty Bell Docks

Hitchhiking Gohsts

hitchhiking-ghosts-1.jpg

Haunted Mansion

Gohst Hurst

ghost-16.jpg

Very cool indeed!

Dave, I think for sure there's a lot of value in us having a PhotoPass page here! There are a lot of "just the facts" PhotoPass pages floating around, but they're really just that and don't include a lot of good tips and info from an actual PhotoPass photographer. :)

I can piece it together from the info you've shared here (and keep on sharing if you want!) or if you're so inclined, you can feel free to whip something up and shoot it to me in an email or Word doc and I'll create the page and we can add/update over time.