Annual Pass conversion to RFID Cards

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You may like it, the red one will go with his eyes.

This is our view as we entered the Odyssey Center         Then we were ushered over to a table that had 4 people sitting behind it to help 4 different families (there were 5 or so tables set up with

I don't see why they wouldn't let you keep the paper pass. It assume it will be deactivated, so I don't know why they would care if you wanted to keep it for sentimental reasons. TCD

Inside the Magic posted a photo of one of the new RF-enabled Passholder cards on their FB page...

164449_10151292735007035_993055162_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/insidethemagic

I am guessing that there is just one design?

I like that there are different characters on our paper passes- I hold on to them all, and it makes it easy for me to pass them out at the turnstiles.

But, I'm going to get these as soon as I can.

I still have not received any communication from Disney about it.

TCD

Similar to the current Annual Passes, there will be multiple characters available on the new RFID APs.

Here's what the new RF-enabled Annual Pass cards that include a parking entitlement (orange stripe) will look like...

AnnualPass-Orange.jpg

Here's what the RFID APs without a parking entitlement (green or black stripe) will look like...

AnnualPass-BlackGreen.jpg

I was reading the My Disney Experience app and read somewhere you will be able to secure a fast pass up to 60 days ahead of time? Will the number of walk up fast passes be limited on site now? Not sure I like this. Other than dining I don't like to plan our day that much.

Similar to the current Annual Passes, there will be multiple characters available on the new RFID APs.

Here's what the new RF-enabled Annual Pass cards that include a parking entitlement (orange stripe) will look like...

AnnualPass-Orange.jpg

Here's what the RFID APs without a parking entitlement (green or black stripe) will look like...

AnnualPass-BlackGreen.jpg

Oh-so they have different characters to choose from.  Good.  So, the orange stripe means you have free parking- what is the difference between the black and green stripes?

I was reading the My Disney Experience app and read somewhere you will be able to secure a fast pass up to 60 days ahead of time? Will the number of walk up fast passes be limited on site now? Not sure I like this. Other than dining I don't like to plan our day that much.

No one knows.  It seems like they have been distributing more Fastpasses lately and the Fastpass return lines are longer.  Once these new advance Fastpasses start to be used on a large scale, it is only logical that the Fastpasses distributed from the current machines will be more limited than they are now.  But from what I've seen, logic doesn't have much to do with it.

TCD

another photo from Inside the Magic...

480255_10151294245112035_1128919303_n.jp

https://www.facebook.com/insidethemagic

Crazy!

The SBD (schmuckface bus driver) said they spent a billion dollars on these.

It looks like maybe half that budget went to packaging.

I love how they are always preaching at us at WDW to be green, and then they kill a bunch of trees to put some big rubber bands in an oversized box?

Incredible indeed.

TCD

So apparently in addition to setting up an area for Passholders to change over their paper tickets to the new RFID Annual Passes, WDW has also setup a nifty display of some theme park history stuff.  The display includes animatronics from Kitchen Kabaret and Figment, and it's a small world doll, Tom Morrow 2.0, a Shrunken Ned boat from the Magic Kingdom, and more.

Check it all out in this article from Inside the Magic...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/03/walt-disney-world-begins-mymagic-upgrade-for-annual-passholders-with-hard-plastic-cards-rfid-and-magicband-preview/