Annual Pass conversion to RFID Cards

Beginning March 20, 2013, Walt Disney World, all new and renewal Annual Passes will be issued as the new RFID cards.

Between March 20 and May 19, people who already hold paper Annual Passes, can take their APs to the Odyssey Center at Epcot during regular park hours to have their paper passes converted to the new RF-enabled cards. Passholders should bring their current AP along with a photo ID.

If you do not convert your paper passes during these dates, it will not be a problem, as existing paper APs will still be accepted.

Passes that are exclusively for the water parks or Disney Quest cannot be converted here and must be taken to the water parks/Disney Quest.

The new Annual Pass cards will work the same as the current paper passes. Passholders will be able to use the new cards to get Fastpass tickets and get other existing Passholder benefits. Any AP benefits that currently require a photo ID will continue to do so.

As with the RF-enabled Key to the World cards (KTTW) and regular park tickets, RFID APs can be used at the main entrance touch points and turnstiles at all Walt Disney World theme parks.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You may like it, the red one will go with his eyes.

This is our view as we entered the Odyssey Center         Then we were ushered over to a table that had 4 people sitting behind it to help 4 different families (there were 5 or so tables set up with

I don't see why they wouldn't let you keep the paper pass. It assume it will be deactivated, so I don't know why they would care if you wanted to keep it for sentimental reasons. TCD

Oh quick question. What about military tickets purchased at a local MWR? I may have missed it, but can those be converted? Rick will be there with some friends next month who helped him purchase the military salute tickets for the trip.

Is it worth the bother if they're just park tickets?

Thanks for the info Mo.

The TCD gang did a day trip yesterday.

At Epcot, the turnstile lines were long, and there were no lines at the RFID scanners.

The twins went in one of the scanner lines and were getting their passes hand scanned by a CM. The CM at my card reader station wouldn't let me in- she said I had to go through the turnstiles. I said I have an AP and want to get it scanned by the guy in the plaid vest over there scanning those girls' passes. The CM said sorry, AP holders have to go through the regular turnstiles. I said no I don't- those are my daughters over there, please let me through. She said OK. But she also told me that in two weeks, AP holders will be eligible for RFID cards, and will have to use those to come through the RFID turnstiles.

That experience tells me that AP holders with the current "paper" passes will not be able to get their passes scanned in the RFID lanes anymore.

Looks like the CM had a little bit of info- but apparently she was wrong about the two week thing.

Of course, I haven't received any kind of communictation from Disney telling me I can get an RFID card on March 20.

TCD

I am wondering if they take your paper pass when they convert you to the RFID Pass. Sentimental, but these are our first ever passes and mine just happens to be mickey mouse. I'd kind of like to keep it but it also looks to be quicker to go through the the RFId scanners

I don't see why they wouldn't let you keep the paper pass. It assume it will be deactivated, so I don't know why they would care if you wanted to keep it for sentimental reasons.

TCD

I don't see why they wouldn't let you keep the paper pass. It assume it will be deactivated, so I don't know why they would care if you wanted to keep it for sentimental reasons.

TCD

we are going to be there for two weeks in april and I am going to check into that. easy way to make sure we don't have to go back to the trailer to pickup a paper pass because someone forgot their lanyard

Odyssey Center is inside Epcot (the building with the cutoff path that runs between Test Track and Mexico), but you'd have to go to Guest Services and get a new pass first anyway, and that's outside the park (or DTD)

Question is... if you "lose" your paper pass and go get it replaced, will the new one they issue you be a RFID card?

Odyssey Center is inside Epcot (the building with the cutoff path that runs between Test Track and Mexico), but you'd have to go to Guest Services and get a new pass first anyway, and that's outside the park (or DTD)

Question is... if you "lose" your paper pass and go get it replaced, will the new one they issue you be a RFID card?

good question.....

I would assume that as with the KTTW card with the mag strip being obsolete, that the paper AP passes with the mag strip are also obsolete as of the 20th.

More information on the Annual Pass conversion to the RF-enabled cards...

As of now, Passholders are not yet getting MagicBands.  MyMagic+ is still in testing and currently the MagicBands are being used for testing only and are not being issued to Guests.  Passholders will be among the first to receive MagicBands when they are officially rolled out for Guest use.

Passholders will also be among the first to receive information about using MyMagic+ to make FastPass+ selections, as well as personalizing and receiving their free MagicBand.

Disney is recommending that Passholders download the My Disney Experience app to their mobile device (iPhone, iPad or Android) to start to familiarize themselved with the elements of MyMagic+ already available

And as a reminder, if you are not able to convert your existing Annual Pass to an RFID card, you may still use your paper AP for park entry, to obtain FastPasses and for other Passholder benefits.

Passholders are NOT required to convert their current paper pass to the new cards.  However paper passes will not allow Guests to utilize the theme park entrance touch points 

Currently you cannot renew your Annual Pass online, as Disney is updating their online system.  Annual Passes can be renewed at a WDW Vacation Planning booth or by calling the Disney Reservation Center.