For those interested in gluten free dining at Trails End....

I'm posting this in reviews because I will take pictures and hopefully add some of my friend's thoughts on the food. But I talked to a chef at Trails End because I was interested in what items from the take-out menu would be gluten free. He let me know that almost anything can be made gluten free and many items are. He said to make sure to let them know at the take-out counter, no notice before that needed. That way they'll also be sure to use a dedicated fryer.

Already gluten free:

Wings

Mashed potatoes (no gravy)

baked beans

fries

BBQ (not bun)

Can be made gluten free:

mac & cheese

pizza

baked chicken (replace fried)

roll for BBQ pork

My friend that will be with us for the weekend is THRILLED. She's not used to having so many options.

Keep the info coming as we will be there in 2014 with some folks that have to be gluten free. I told her about what I have read so far about some of the restaurants and gluten free dining and she can not wait.

. She actually went to a popular chain restaurant this week and was told she could only have a dry salad.

Restaurants are so uneducated about food allergies (not Disney ) its really scary. We don't take Adam out really anywhere but our local pizza place. We went somewhere and their answer was uh, yeah we think its safe. You think it is safe? So you think it may not kill my kid?!?

And I feel bad for gluten free people because that has a horrible stigma that people do it for a weight loss diet not because they need to or they will be miserable sick.

We are heavily involved with the food allergy walk in our area. Hopefully they will continue to be able to raise awareness and education to both people and restaurants about the seriousness of food allergies.

Sorry for the ranting hijack!

• 7 months later...

We had the pizza and wings while we were there a week or so ago and they were great.  My wife is GF and had no ill effects, and both items tasted great.  The pizzas come as a small, we got 4 in a box (only 2 in the picture because we were hungry and it smelled REALLY good...).  We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge during our last few days of our trip, and we only got 2 smalls as part of the order there, so YMMV.

The wings were flavorful and messy, just like they should be!

I don't know the rules on posting pics ( I should of checked first), but the image button doesn't seem to be working.  Here is a flickr set: http://flickr.com/gp/24370343@N07/1B3G7P/

So Disney has gluten free pizzas on hand to bake upon request?  

At least at Wilderness Lodge and Trails End.  I would suspect elsewhere as well.. I heard that the pizza quick service places in the park can accommodate as well. I've read about people getting them at Pizza Planet in the Studios and Pizzafari in AK was mentioned to us by the CM in the allergy cart at AK.  That cart is a great addition to the park IMO.