The Disney reservation system is wonky and sometimes it's really hard to snag just a day or 2 (especially on a weekend). 

Sometimes if you try booking the day you need as part of a bigger chunk of time (like a week), you'll find that just like magic, it's suddenly available!  If it is, book it, have the new reservation linked to your original reservation, then call back and drop the days you don't need. There's no problem doing this and no penalty, although you will be required to leave a second 1-night deposit fee for the new reservation.

Just be aware that because now you technically have 2 reservations, you will need to "check out" and check back in on the changeover day.  That just requires going to the front desk or the concierge window near Pioneer hall and getting a new parking pass and KTTW cards.  

Sounds much more complicated than it really is, and we've done this several times when our plans have changed and we've needed to change the days of our stay. Unfortunately it's the game the wacky Disney reservation system makes you play. 

Also, make sure you book the same level of site (Partial, Full, Preferred or Premium) for both reservations to reduce the likelihood they'll make you switch sites. They may tell you that you'll have to move, but they've never made us actually do so.

Oh and please be sure to call back and cancel the extra days ASAP in case someone else is looking to book them.  :)

Alternately you can keep trying back and see if you can rebook the full amount of time.  Cancellations happen often, especially the closer you get.

Good luck!

OK, but does anyone have her number....? It appears she has a good handle on all things disney.

I will also post the question here. Trying to extend one night but Central Rez says it has to be a separate deal and there's no availability.... Any ideas?

Are you calling or talking to the front desk?  If you are calling go up to the Outpost and talk to them..

Actually, the "Castle" is at the Fort, we are in PA for a few nights to take care of something here, and swap kids. Flew up today, back Sunday. I know, sounds like an expensive way to park an RV in Central FL and it is, but it was the path of the least resistance. So, we'll be back Sunday and then we have a few more days to bug the front desk in person, as checkout was Wednesday, and we're looking for Thursday now. If not, oh well, we'll leave and take an easy ride North with a stop somewhere to get to Northern Georgia for the last 4 days of our Spring Break Grand Tour of the South East......

You are one FUNNY guy...... (Insert Steve Martin picture) We are swapping one kid for the other.....high school and college spring breaks don't overlap. It's got a good side and a bad side to it.....

Funny gal.

I went by your site today. I guess that wasn't you that I was talking to. A guy with a lot of Tats said, Oscar, ya, my name is Oscar. I did think that the beer bottles all over the place were a little much.

The people inside the RV sounded like they were having a great time. And why do have your Fiver up on blocks?

You really should get the front door fixed too. It looks bad on just one hinge.

Yeah, CRO cannot extend an existing reservation that has already begun.  You'll have to talk to the Front Desk at the Fort in person.

(Yes, I've tried myself, tried calling from Guest Relations at the Studios, and the phone line routed me to CR, gave up and did it at the Fort in person).