Spring (c)rush seems to have begun...

According to WDWMagic the parks needed to close (phase 3) today due to being filled to capacity, but has reopened as of apr. 3 hours ago. I have never (thankfully) been at the parks when it is filled but would imagine it makes for a very long and frustrating day. I can't imagine how long the lines are! :o

According to WDWMagic the parks needed to close (phase 3) today due to being filled to capacity, but has reopened as of apr. 3 hours ago. I have never (thankfully) been at the parks when it is filled but would imagine it makes for a very long and frustrating day. I can't imagine how long the lines are! :o

I believe Lou said it was only MK that closed today.

MK is now in a Phase 3 status, so the RAPs will kick in.

Below is the spiel you'll here if you're turned away.

You'll notice they don't say, have a magical day.

"I’m sorry, we’re experiencing a very busy day at Magic Kingdom Park. At this time, we are currently full but anticipate being able to welcome more Guests later today. We invite you to visit our other parks. Use these coupons for free parking and 50 percent off dining at select locations. Thank you and have a nice day.”

As of 15 minutes ago, MK is back to normal operations.

I told my wife I have to put my "happy I'm not at work" face on to battle and conquer the MK tomorrow our plan is to be there for extra magic hours at 7:00 am tomorrow, hit 2 coasters the kids want then fast pass SM. if we can get anything else in it will be a miracle. It was so much easier when the kids were in Pre-k and we could make Ressies for non peak times. Now we have to follow the crappy school holiday schedule. I am absoluy dreading tomorrow but we made Ressies for CRT for my daughters b-day. Wish us luck

You'd be surprised what you can get accomplished if you get there for the 7am RD and tour wisely. Here is what we did, ironically the Tuesday before Easter, last year. That was before New Fantasyland and BTMRR was closed for refurb. Still, we did a lot and took a break.

FPV=FP volunteer, one adult goes to get all FPs and meets the rest of the party

PS=Parent swap (we have a little guy; they aren't time bound)

RD 7:00 AM EMH
FPV PP 7:45 return
Dumbo
Pooh
SW 7:28
Small world
PP with FP 7:45
Pirates
Carpets 8:30
JC 8:35
HM
Fairies 9:20
FPV space (return 11:20)
10:20 ADR at CRT arrive 10:10
Space with FP 11:30
Out by noon
Return 4:30
FPV Buzz 6:50 return
Carousel of progress
People mover 5:15
Mickeys philhar-magic
Space with previous PS pass
Buzz with FP
CS dinner
Show in front of castle
Parade spot right after
MSEP at 9
Wishes
Head back to the Fort

We'll be there June 8-19 and we are going to use the Unofficial Guide touring plans this time.  If you go in with a plan of attack and get in early Kelly is absolutely right, you can get a lot done and have a nice break in the afternoon when all the late sleepers swarm the parks.  We weren't very good at sticking to the plan last trip (mid July) and there were lots of things we didn't get to do.  It sounds counter-intuitive but sticking to a plan like Kelly's or a touring plan will make the day much less stressful.  

Ha ha! I put my anticipated touring plan in the notes app in my iPhone, update as we go (they aren't set in stone), and note times when I remember. Because I'm a teacher, we seem to only go during busy times, and I hate waiting in line. For me, planning is part of the fun. Based on what I did last year, this is my plan for this year.... anyone want to try it before I do next Tuesday? (PS- If Lou is reading this, he's REALLY going to make fun of me.)

FPV PP

ETWB

JOLM

Ariel’s Grotto

PP

FPV BTMR

Pirates

Carpets 

BTMR

FPV Space

Buzz (skip and FP later if line is long)

Monsters Laugh Floor  (if need filler)

People Mover (if need filler)

Bring in picnic lunch

Space with FP

Break (Maybe grab FP on the way out?)

Space with previous Parent Swap pass

FPV Barnstormer and Dumbo

5:45 ADR BOG

Barnstormer

Dumbo 

Parade Spot

MSEP at 9

Wishes

Very true! Very true! And I can take it. I prefer to make fun of the people waiting in a 2 hour line for any attraction though.

That is just crazy. Waiting in line for that long for a 5 minute experience is something that I will never understand.

There is nothing at WDW or anywhere else where I would wait in line for two hours, my max is 30 minutes.

There are things at WDW that I haven't done, but it's just an amusement park attraction.

You think you know me so well, do you?

Well I'm not going to make fun of you. I'm going to wait until TCD sees that list and then the two of us will make fun of you.

TCD was impressed with my last list.

And I am very impressed with this list!

I don't have anything to add.  I just hope ETWB doesn't take too long.  But if you're going to do it, first thing in the morning or late at night is your best chance to not have a long wait.

Have fun!  I can't wait to hear how it turns out.

TCD

I'm new to using fast passes if you can believe that. I thought you couldn't get another one until your return time started with your first one. Also. We are very disappointed with the extra magic hour this morning from 7-8. Only tomorrowqnd and fantasy land was open for the extra hour. Is this normal?

I'm new to using fast passes if you can believe that. I thought you couldn't get another one until your return time started with your first one. Also. We are very disappointed with the extra magic hour this morning from 7-8. Only tomorrowqnd and fantasy land was open for the extra hour. Is this normal?

Relax, Dave, everything is going to be OK!  You're at the MK.

Depending on how the FP machines are set, you can often get a new FP before the return time on a FP you are holding. They are constantly tweaking the system, so you need to look at each FP you get to see when you are eligible for a new one.

Morning EMH's at MK are almost always limited to just certain lands.  That is fine though, focus on getting as much as you can done in the ones open early and then move on.  There is actually a second rope drop for Frontierland if you are ever interested in being the first to ride Big Thunder Mountain.

TCD

That's exactly what we did and we did great so far. It's starting to get busy. Glad we made it here by 7. I didn't even notice the times on th fast pass to get another one. Thanks again

That's exactly what we did and we did great so far. It's starting to get busy. Glad we made it here by 7. I didn't even notice the times on th fast pass to get another one. Thanks again

Currently, MIckey, Barnstormer, and Dumbo are not connected to the FP system, so you can pull them before the next window opens.

Enjoy your day, and when it gets too crazy, take a break!

Ha ha! I put my anticipated touring plan in the notes app in my iPhone, update as we go (they aren't set in stone), and note times when I remember. Because I'm a teacher, we seem to only go during busy times, and I hate waiting in line. For me, planning is part of the fun. Based on what I did last year, this is my plan for this year.... anyone want to try it before I do next Tuesday? (PS- If Lou is reading this, he's REALLY going to make fun of me.)

FPV PP

ETWB

JOLM

Ariel’s Grotto

PP

FPV BTMR

Pirates

Carpets 

BTMR

FPV Space

Buzz (skip and FP later if line is long)

Monsters Laugh Floor  (if need filler)

People Mover (if need filler)

Bring in picnic lunch

Space with FP

Break (Maybe grab FP on the way out?)

Space with previous Parent Swap pass

FPV Barnstormer and Dumbo

5:45 ADR BOG

Barnstormer

Dumbo 

Parade Spot

MSEP at 9

Wishes

Oh my goodness Kelly, never go back in!!!!

We tried this going back in thing this trip and has been horrible. There are too many people and walking between attractions is nearly impossible with a stroller and little ones.

We do it all before we leave and by do it all, I mean DO  IT ALL! Take no prisoners.  I should say we do avoid some of the "time sucks" like meeting characters. Like Lou said a 45 minute wait for a 2 minute picture if you're one of the lucky ones that they talk to just isn't worth it. If it's a short wait we 'might' do it.

Can't wait to trade notes this weekend. I am so hoping you get Little Bear!

Well, we survived our day at MK. This was the first time we really took advice and used the fast passes and emh to our advantage. We hit just about everything except stitch (which we hate), buzz, laugh floor and COP. We were shocked with it being so crowed working the fast passes got us on SM 3x, barnstormer 3x, BTMR 3x. All in all it was a good MK day. The worst part of the day was the disappointment with dinner inside Cinderellas castle. Food was horrible, portion sizes a joke (and I mean a joke) and the place was filthy. Never ever again. Especially for the price