Best day ever! Stalking Evil Queen Regina at MK

If I had any idea that I was going to MK yesterday this would be a much better day trip report. But I literally got a text that woke me up, got dressed , and dashed out the door to MK. I ended up not having a fully charged phone and using what I had on what you see below. 

If any of you watch ABC's Once Upon A Time  you know who Regina Mills is. She plays the Evil Queen /  mayor of Storybrooke Maine . 

Now I dont really ever get girl crushes , but I do love her character as a actress and as her villan on tv. I am totally smitten by her! I was so excited to get a text that she was somewhere in MK at the moment. All I had was one picture of her to go on at BOG posing with Beast , and a 1 hour window had passed already.

Not sure if she was there working or on vacation at the time I had no idea if I should walk the parks hoping to spot her or f there would be some set up of sorts. 

I called my mom and sister ( she was the one that got me into the show)  to join me and we were off. 

By the time we walked under the train station a 2 hour window passed. The plan was to split up and call each other if we spotted anything. We knew what she was wearing so we knew to look for someone dressed miserably uncomfortable wearing red and black. 

As we walked through the Main St area we saw a stage set up in the center. We thought it might have something to do with her being there and that we missed her. Turns out America Funniest Home Videos was going to be filming there.  I didn't know it was still on tv even.

My mom, we always joke about her ability to just know things. Scary having a mom like that. You can never lie to her to save your butt. But today it would be a good thing! She had a hunch and it proved right. I was the first person  to spot a blur of red and black. In the back of the new  Fantasyland between Beasts castle and Gastons was a large area roped off with a large camera crew and tons of production and Disney people running about. 

Leaning back against the wall standing under a black umbrella being held by a grinning Disney employee was the Evil Queen Regina Mills herself. Also known as Lana Parilla in the real world. But today with the slight frown on her face she resembled more the unhappy queen. It was hot! they had her dressed in a red sweater, black skirt, black tights, and tall black boots. She must have been miserable. 

Turns out they were filming a promo of sorts for Once Upon a Time . I think it looked much more like a Disney commercial to me. As you can see in the video and pics below there was a little girl dressed as Snow White. They had her at certain points practicing skipping toward the camera. Later in the day a group of regular looking people as extras. My sister who does a lot of acting was upset she didnt hear about the casting. Needless to say she found out which casting company did the hiring and will be putting herself in the data base. lol 

Last week she sent me email that Disney was casting familys and paying 500 a day per family member for each day of filming filming up to 2 weeks. How cool would that be to be in a Disney commercial? Course I was sick . But the cool thing about living so close is you never know when something cool will pop up. 

Anyway the filming went on for hours . I left before it was even complete. They didnt wrap that night until 8 pm ish ! 

Seems like they were always getting ready but then nothing. Disney was pretty nice about letting us film but as usual trying to keep the traffic on the side going. 

Anyone else get annoyed when you are walking and they yell at everyone to keep to the right , keep moving? I dunno but that seems so rude to me. Of course the have to keep people from clogging things up I guess. But when no one is, and they still keep screaming it, it just grates on  my nerves. 

We had a nice area off to the side and I got some video and pics. Now I really hate my voice! I sound very young and I am turning 40 this year.  I usually get the " Is your mommy home" phone call when a business calls the house. lol So sorry for my voice in the video but I figured its best to explain what I was filming. 

Lana / Regina wasn't particularly warm to her fans. I am not a big celebrity person. I dont make a big scene. Just regular people with a pretty cool job. However I do enjoy seeing certain people I admire in person. When I lved in Ny I met lots of celebrities that were very warm and friendly.  There was really only a small group of us that who knew who Lana was. Disney did a good job of keeping the traffic moving whle allowing the small group of us on the side to watch. Really nice older couple next to us. Not more than 10 of us total. Everyone was extremely polite. None of were yelling or asking for autographs . Just quietly watching. Would just seem to me like she could have said hello back to people.She had to walk right by us several times to enter and exit the rope when taking breaks.  Now if it had been anyone else I would have been a  bit disapointed. But I love the character of the Evil Queen she plays so for her it was ok. lol But still. I love you Lana but a nice smile and hello to everyone when walking through would have been nice. 

After a bit we walked right into BOG for lunch and it was strangely empty! I had never been before I was super excited. Got a spot right next to the window so I could see the snow. Still filming when we came out . watched a bit longer than headed to Epcot to get our AP's switched over to the new RFID's . They told us they will be mailing the magic bands and to keep checking back on the AP site so we could pick our colors. They also said they hadn't ordered them yet it would be a bit still. 

Camera was dead at this point but we strolled around WS and I grabbed boring pretzel . My sister tried the Frushi and something else which she took a super close pic of so I will throw that on here. 

The people in this video in front of me to the right are not guests . They are involved in the production on the inside of the white rope. Lana is facing the other way in this video standing under the black umbrella . 

http://youtu.be/rgUIAGZmrlY

Back with more if this posts right. Click on the cog like symbol after hitting the play button  to increase the viewing quality. It automatically keep going to a blocky 240 p. 

I have never watched the show, and I am not familiar with the actress, but that is quite a production they had going right in the middle of New Fantasyland.

Good job shooting the video.

After what you said about your voice, I was bracing myself.  Your voice sounds fine.

TCD

Lol thanks TCD. If I only looked as young as I sounded.

There was something like that going on near POC last Tuesday. I didn't recognize the person though.

Might have been related to the America Funniest Home Videos thing or the commercial they were casting for.

I like how the big star gets and umbrella and make-up crew, and the poor kid in the Snow White costume is left baking in the sun.

TCD

Yeah I noticed that also. Kid did not look happy. Must have been a good actor because most kids would have melted down. They even ended up bring in a fan for Lana hopefully she shared it.

My wife loves that show and admires the leading cast, Snow and Regina in particular. A few months ago she had the opportunity to meet Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White) and today she met Lana Parrilla (Regina) and her kids. She is like a little girl all giddy. Too bad she cannot ask for an autograph or picture as it is against company policy. We treat all guests the same regardless of how famous they are. She has also met Adam Sandler and a few other famous people. And by meet, I mean talked to and shook hands with, not admired from afar. 

That is totally cool.  Seeing someone you admire up close and personal like.

Yeah very exciting. Wish she had been a bit friendlier though.

She is by far the best character on the show.  Pretty cool that you saw her at the MK.  I hope she didn't offer you any of her baked goods.

I woulda been in trouble I can NEVER resist a baked good!

Very cool and thanks for sharing.

Snow looked a little peeved.

Yeah she sure did. lol

My wife loves that show and admires the leading cast, Snow and Regina in particular. A few months ago she had the opportunity to meet Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White) and today she met Lana Parrilla (Regina) and her kids. She is like a little girl all giddy. Too bad she cannot ask for an autograph or picture as it is against company policy. We treat all guests the same regardless of how famous they are. She has also met Adam Sandler and a few other famous people. And by meet, I mean talked to and shook hands with, not admired from afar.

Lana doesn't have any kids. Maybe it was the kid from the casting with her. Very cool your wife got to meet her!

Very Cool!!!

It was good fun !

That's weird, my wife said she had two kids with her and she was buying them candy and toys. She just assumed they were hers. Maybe nieces and nephews.

Maybe they were Hansel and Gretel? Get it ? Ok lame joke, and if you dont watch the show even lamer. lol But yeah maybe . They just wrapped filming. Maybe she brought extended family down to celebrate.