Last year, we learned that we need reservations to go to the Sci-Fi drive-in dinner place in Hollywood Studios (so that's on my list for next Fall unless you all tell me it's not worth it)....but, what other BIG, dinner attractions would you all recommend?....I am assuming the new Beauty and the Beast dining is worth a reservation??? And, what about Epcot? What are the best places to eat there? I know the Fort has the hoop de doo musical review is a favorite with some, but we live in East TN and very close to Dollywood....every DAY is Hoop De Doo. I appreciate any input!  :thank-you-smiley3:

Definitely the new Be Our Guest is worthwhile.  I almost canceled our reservation in January as I didn't want to spend that much, but am very glad we did it. 

In Epcot, I like to get pizza at Via Napoli.  It's very good.  I also loved the buffet dinner in Germany.  That was a lot of fun and very good food. 

In Hollywood Studios we love 50's Prime time Cafe. 

Thank-you! I am a camping nerd....I actually have a notebook where I write all of this stuff down so I will remember!!!!

Definitely the new Be Our Guest is worthwhile.  I almost canceled our reservation in January as I didn't want to spend that much, but am very glad we did it. 

In Epcot, I like to get pizza at Via Napoli.  It's very good.  I also loved the buffet dinner in Germany.  That was a lot of fun and very good food. 

In Hollywood Studios we love 50's Prime time Cafe. 

Just a note that depending on the time of year you're going, how many in your party and if you like to eat at "normal" times, you may need to make reservations for most of the restaurants in the parks.

In the parks I would reserver Le Cellier at Epcot, although for an even better steak (and a generally easier to get reservation), try Yachtsman Steak House.  It's not a far walk from the back entrance to Epcot over to the Yacht and Beach club.

Via Napoli at Epcot also gets a big thumbs up.

There are 4 of us....my husband and myself, plus our soon to be 13 year old and 7 year old!!!

If you want to see all the big, classic characters, consider booking Chef Mickey's.  It's a buffet and an absolute ZOO, but you meet Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, and one or two others.  The food is "ok".  The experience for kids is fun. 

Another one that came to mind is 'Ohana.  The dinner is really good!  The breakfast there is also good, and is a character meal with Lilo and Stitch. 

Just a note that depending on the time of year you're going, how many in your party and if you like to eat at "normal" times, you may need to make reservations for most of the restaurants in the parks.

Downtown Disney restaurants are often easier to get a walk up or day of reservation.  There are also great restaurants in some of the resorts. Sometimes those are easier reservations also, although the deluxe resort restaurants seem to be more popular and harder to get into.

In the parks I would reserve Le Cellier at Epcot, although for an even better steak (and a generally easier to get reservation), try Yachtsman Steak House.  It's not a far walk from the back entrance to Epcot over to the Yacht and Beach club.

Via Napoli at Epcot also gets a big thumbs up.

BOG is on our list again for this year - we really enjoyed it.

1. Biergarten Book a late lunch to save money and you probably won't need dinner. Big beers!!!

2. Ohana. Great food and show for kids and adults

3. San Angel Inn great Mexican food and awesome atmosphere.

4. California grill. Book it so you can watch the fireworks at MK. Expensive but worth it for the atmosphere and food.

5. 50's prime time diner. Great milk shakes and just a lot of fun.

Our family favorites are:

1: Ohana: Polynesian excellent food and experience plus they pipe in audio from Wishes and you can see the fireworks from parts of the restaurant.

2: Beaches & Cream: Between Yacht & Beach Club. Styled after 50's soda fountain. Good food and great ice cream. Kids love the Kitchen Sink.

3: Tokyo Dining: EPCOT: Great Sushi and Atmosphere also with window table has a good view of Illuminations.

4: Trails Inn: Fort Wilderness: Good breakfast and value and convenient on the way to Magic Kingdom.

5: Chef Mickeys: Contemporary: Good character breakfast in a great setting.

I personally think the key to the buffet restaurants is too get an early reservation. Being that most of my career has been in the food business, I usually hate buffets but if your one of the first ones there, especially at Disney, it can be very good. Trails end is always much better between 4:30 and 5:00 than later in he day. Cef Mickey also. Ohanas is one of my favorite if you have a good server and the noodles, wings and pot stickers have not been sitting under the heat lamps for a while. Two times ago we had one of the bet meals we ever had at Kona but last time it was mediocre. My kids love t-Rex at DD and actually I think the food is real good. We are excited that we are taking the kids to Epcot for the first time and made ressies at biergarten in Germany. I love German food and we have no decent places near us. A place we tried for the first time last trip was the counter service at the contemporary called the contempo cafe. We were very impressed with a counter service. Very simillar to roaring fork at the lodge. Stay far away from Cinderellas castle meal

So glad you started this thread.  We are looking for good places too.  We have tried many but I want to venture out a little this time.  Places we have on our list are Sci Fi, BOG, 'OHana,  Le Cellier and Tusker House.   All favorites of ours.  Well I loved BOG it will be his first time there.

I would like to try the Le Cellier as well!

So glad you started this thread.  We are looking for good places too.  We have tried many but I want to venture out a little this time.  Places we have on our list are Sci Fi, BOG, 'OHana,  Le Cellier and Tusker House.   All favorites of ours.  Well I loved BOG it will be his first time there.

SciFi is fun for the atmosphere, and the food is decent, but nothing special. 

We've done it once, but probably won't again.

In the category of "restaurants we go back to over and over" (or plan to)...

Kona sushi - Poly

Ohana - Poly

California Grill - Contemporary

Narcoosees - Grand Floridian

Artist Point - Wilderness Lodge

Be Our Guest - Magic Kingdom

Via Napoli - Epcot

Le Cellier - Epcot

Yachtsman Steak House - Yacht Club

Flying Fish - Boardwalk

Jiko - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Raglan Road - Downtown Disney