It's A BuckeyeFortFamily Spring Break 'EGG'stravaganza!!

Where is that darn Troll?

My kids are actually playing checkers with each other. They are not stacking the checkers or asking some old man to play with them. We love the checkers and find them vital to our Fort experience. Not to take the winds our of your troll ranting sails.

4-1-13217_zps95d65562.jpg

Now the boys on the other hand are loving the hula hoops and horseshoes.

4-1-13218_zps1f084824.jpg

Looks empty doesn't it.

4-1-13049_zpse25ed304.jpg

Not when you look this way.

4-1-13050_zps1fc81658.jpg

We ate at the Trail's End. We had a 7:55 ADR.

Here's a grown up plate. Oh yeah that's a yummy plate of food.

4-1-13051_zps0091a05b.jpg

A kid's plate.

4-1-13052_zps2a4ff146.jpg

Something sweet to finish the meal.

4-1-13053_zpsb3da6c6a.jpg

I love how they bring the next table's service out in a nice basket to stay with the theme.

4-1-13054_zps1376734d.jpg

And so puts another BuckeyeFortFamily day to rest.

Goodnight All.

Tomorrow is the day before Easter.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

March 28, 2013 continued   We have a date with a person we have tried numerous times to connect with, but now it’s finally happening.   Backstory-I grew up on a Clydesdale breeding farm in Ohio.  I h

The horses all work 3 days and then get time off. He showed us the paddock that they get turned out in when they are done working on a typical work day.   Then we talked about the barn itself.   They

I was away from the computer over the past weekend, so I just got a chance to catch up with all the updates you posted over the last few days.

Great stuff!

I never thought about the table sizes of the quick serve restaurants, but you're right.  I have always enjoyed the vibe of CHH more than Cosmic Rays, but never thought about the tables and chairs.

I'm glad you explored around the dam and posted photos too.  Some day, if there ever is one where you aren't off at a rope drop, you should head down that way at sunrise.

TCD

I'm hungry.  We have one reservation but will probably add more like we did last time.

Wonder what the baby boats were doing wrong that they got sent to time out corner?

We never make a Trail's End ADR from home, but once we are there it is often our "go-to" last minute restaurant, unless of course our GAG "blossoms" to a HDDR.  The food is good and the service it too!

From what I could tell the baby boats were trying to jump each other's and the boat's wake. It was a large group obviously together. I wonder if this is the same group of well-bodied teenage boys that make an appearance on Easter afternoon in this same trip report, now that I am typing this out and putting 2 and 2 together.

I was away from the computer over the past weekend, so I just got a chance to catch up with all the updates you posted over the last few days.

Great stuff!

I never thought about the table sizes of the quick serve restaurants, but you're right.  I have always enjoyed the vibe of CHH more than Cosmic Rays, but never thought about the tables and chairs.

I'm glad you explored around the dam and posted photos too.  Some day, if there ever is one where you aren't off at a rope drop, you should head down that way at sunrise.

TCD

First of all, we all knew you'd be doing the Monster Event so you being away from the computer was no surprise. I am surprised that you caught up before starting your trip report.

Tables and chairs are very important. It is one of the reasons BOG is so nice. Yes, I analyze sometimes too much. 

I shudder to say it, but we are considering NOT getting park tickets for our Halloween trip. 

I am 'jonesing' already for rope drop.  It's gonna be tough, but armed with a mission set out by TCD to spend my rope drop time at the dam might be just what I need.

Love all the Fort pics.

Trails End is always good. Cant wait to get my hands on some of that chicken in December.

I'm a major cornbread fan myself.

Love your trip report! The pics from 'Ohana's made me so hungry!! Might have to make some of those wings for dinner now. 

Can't wait to read more. 

You can make those wings???? So jealous. I honestly don't need much more than the wings, pot stickers and the sides.

Wow, that cart with Mickey is a six seater .   I missed that the first time around.   I also loved the food pics... Time to rummge for dessert.

I KNOW, ISN'T IT COOL!!!! I want one!

I apologize for sending you to the kitchen. I sure hope you had brownies and ice cream.

March 30, 2013

THE DAY BEFORE EASTER

This was our Lou... day! In more ways than one.

First of all, we slept in because we are on vacation and Lou... extoils the virtues of actually relaxing on your vacation.

Who am I kidding? That's too positive.  Lou... has given me a snarky hard time for dragging my kids out of bed and following my spreadsheet and "ruining' their vacation. 

So we didn't get up at the crack of dawn. We woke up naturally. We leisurely got dressed and ate breakfast. We played a game. We watched some tv. We drank coffee. 

And we couldn't take being on a relaxing do nothing vacation any longer so we did this.

4-1-13224_zps87f49ac4.jpg

It's 8:45.

Lou... we tried. We really did. I promise.

It's a chilly morning but soon we took our sweatshirts off.

4-1-13225_zps225a9efe.jpg

Seriously, call me bias but this place is just beautiful. 

4-1-13228_zps5d2b0ffb.jpg

I tell you taking a boat to the Magic Kingdom is magical. It's an experience you don't get everyday and there is just something about the sunshine and the water that feels just pixie dust kind of special.

4-1-13230_zpsbaccab12.jpg

Even this old place can make you wax nostalagic when you are on this boat on a sunny morning.

4-1-13231_zpsfc659c71.jpg

Oops. I said this was our Lou... day.

I shouldn't be so happy. 

Stay off the damn buses!

And honestly you should when you can have this experience instead.

I know it means not going to any other parks but who cares.

Well, we have arrived at the Magic Kingdom just before 9 which means we are 2 hours past rope drop.

So what do you do when you show up at 9am?

First you go to guest relations to check the lost and found for the paper bead necklace your 10yr old lost on her walk out of the Magic Kingdom on her way to O'hana while your husband goes to the fire station for more cards.

Cards?

Yes, cards. Scorcerers' cards.

I did a little 'reporting' on how my family 'plays portals' at least that's what we call playing Merlin's Scorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom.

I don't really pay attention to the game. I know we are about to stop for a while we I see one of these.

4-1-13242_zps2b5db56f.jpg

So while my family does this.

4-1-13235_zpsfc9aebb4.jpg

And watches this.

4-1-13238_zpsfaf1bc54.jpg

I take in the scenery.

4-1-13232_zpsa05d856c.jpg

4-1-13233_zps947ac9a4.jpg

4-1-13234_zps400f6c93.jpg

Oh yeah, they are still playing....

4-1-13237_zpsd61d7f6c.jpg

So from what I gather. There is no rhyme or reason as to what cards to play, but the cards should all be alike somehow. 

I'm sure they (you know my family) would tell me differently.

I see a lot of this.

4-1-13243_zps658ebdc3.jpg

Then I get bored and about the time I look at this, and start to marvel at the cute little Mickey Ears on this side street that no one who isn't playing portals walks down then...

4-1-13236_zpse815c9f5.jpg

they do something.

4-1-13240_zps7d7a0777.jpg

Then more of this.

4-1-13241_zps45de979f.jpg

And then this.

4-1-13244_zps9a5b875b.jpg

And this again.

4-1-13245_zps628f71fc.jpg

And more of me taking in the scenery.

4-1-13246_zps3afea221.jpg

I finally gave up, but fortunately two of my kids get bored of 'playing portals' about the same time as I do.

We walked down into the fancy gift shop that plays the funny Disney shorts and hung out for a while. The kids could watch those shorts all day, but after we picked up a little Father's Day gift (Shhhh! Don't tell BuckeyeFortFan) it was time to do some Fast Pass running.

So I had BFK 2&4 with me. We walked over to BTMRR and also Dumbo and the Barnstormer.  We also got bonus Philharmagic FP's.  Since BuckeyeFortFan and BuckeyeFortKids 1&3 were finishing up playing portals in Adventureland by this point we met in Fantasyland.

We exchanged FP's and kids.

I took BFK4 and rode the carousel at 10:15.

BuckeyeFortFan took the rest and rode BTMRR and then the real RR over to Storybook circus where they rode the Barnstormer.

What did we do while we waited for the thrill riders?

4-1-3a112_zps3275757e.jpg

After we had flown and spent time taking these pictures in the non-flying dumbo still no sign of the others.

4-1-3a117_zpsf9582416.jpg

So we rode again. This time I took some high up pictures.

4-1-3a121_zpsf401dbeb.jpg

4-1-3a122_zps3891b910.jpg

4-1-3a123_zpsc5991355.jpg

I got a kick out of this idea. This little girl was probably French and didn't speak English. Her parents LABELED her.

4-1-3a111_zpsfd1025c0.jpg

I just had to throw that in there. I wasn't quite sure where it fit so I figured before I hit the photo limit was the best place.

Before I continue on my Lou... day I need to take a quick DaveInTn break.

Cosmic Rays Lunch.

This is what you get for $55 at Cosmic Rays.

4-1-13251_zpsf348c5e7.jpg

Wait that wasn't all of it and you really can't see how good those burgers are.

4-1-13252_zps812b4322.jpg

A little better, but there is more...

4-1-13253_zpsb991c1e3.jpg

20 minutes later

4-1-13256_zps6fdd1e29.jpg

Our day of Lou... can resume.

I meant to ask- did you laminate all of the cards?  That's probably a good idea.  It looks like it's easier for the kids to hold them, and you also avoid them getting bent and damaged.  Do certain kids get to use certain cards?

TCD

I got trading card "sleeves" that you can slip a card into and still see both sides.  The sleeves make the cards a little bigger and the stack is thicker but the cards don't get bent or torn and keep dry if it is raining or something gets spilled, and they are easier for the kids to hold.

Until recently our strategy was to use all characters from the same movie, so if we have four kids playing we find a group of four characters and let them pick what they want from those four.  Late on our last trip a nerd (female if you can beleive it) asked what cards we were using and she then tried to explain something about using cards with the same attribute against certain villains, like all charming or quick or something.  I said "Uh, this game is for kids, and mine are halfway through the expert level, so thanks but no thanks....nerd."  And then I threw a Dole whip shake on her.

OK.  I didn't say that and I definately wouldn't waste a Dole whip shake throwing it on a nerd.  But I wanted to. 

I got trading card "sleeves" that you can slip a card into and still see both sides.  The sleeves make the cards a little bigger and the stack is thicker but the cards don't get bent or torn and keep dry if it is raining or something gets spilled, and they are easier for the kids to hold.

Until recently our strategy was to use all characters from the same movie, so if we have four kids playing we find a group of four characters and let them pick what they want from those four.  Late on our last trip a nerd (female if you can beleive it) asked what cards we were using and she then tried to explain something about using cards with the same attribute against certain villains, like all charming or quick or something.  I said "Uh, this game is for kids, and mine are halfway through the expert level, so thanks but no thanks....nerd."  And then I threw a Dole whip shake on her.

OK.  I didn't say that and I definately wouldn't waste a Dole whip shake throwing it on a nerd.  But I wanted to. 

Those sleeves are a good idea.

A female nerd?

That's a new one to me.

I'm used to the older dudes with the big notebooks, and the teenage boys with the boxes of cards at Tortuga's Tavern, but I haven't run across any female SOTMK nerds.

The cards have all kinds of symbols and stuff on them, but darned if I know what any of that stuff means. 

Truthfully, we haven't played in a while.  Lately, there are always lines at the portals.  This is not something we are willing to wait in line for.

TCD

20 minutes? What did you do for the other 17? Or maybe I just eat too fast :)

Those kids take forever to eat.

Who didn't finish their grapes??

:popo:

They are a hard sell next to the fries.

This a great Lou-Day.

I'm trying my best!

I love the photos of all the BFK's playing SOTMK.  They all have such looks of concentration on their faces!

TCD

They really do get into playing it. It's cute to watch.

We were on the hard level by then.  Those villians are tough!

I have no clue. I don't really pay attention.

Gotta love the intensity!

It's funny the things they enjoy.  And they do love to play portals.

I meant to ask- did you laminate all of the cards?  That's probably a good idea.  It looks like it's easier for the kids to hold them, and you also avoid them getting bent and damaged.  Do certain kids get to use certain cards?

TCD

I am a good wife and mother and I found all kinds of options to laminate them before BFF decided to go with the playing card holders. 

Those sleeves are a good idea.

A female nerd?

That's a new one to me.

I'm used to the older dudes with the big notebooks, and the teenage boys with the boxes of cards at Tortuga's Tavern, but I haven't run across any female SOTMK nerds.

The cards have all kinds of symbols and stuff on them, but darned if I know what any of that stuff means. 

Truthfully, we haven't played in a while.  Lately, there are always lines at the portals.  This is not something we are willing to wait in line for.

TCD

We never wait in lines for portals EVER!

Seriously I can't pay attention through a whole portal let alone wait in line to take pictures of scenery.

It's the day before Easter and we have just enjoyed the robot alien who plays piano while we stuffed ourselves (minus a few grapes) at Cosmic Ray's.

We had 12:35 FP's for Peter Pan and we had a few minutes to kill before that and our next set of portals were in Fantasyland. So, that's what we did.

I got bored so I walked the stroller over to park it and BuckeyeFortKid2&4 and I checked out the gift shop and then stood in the shade by the FP line entrance.

I have a great "magical" castmember story. And since this a Lou... day I just HAVE to share.

This was a very busy day in the MK and there were waves of people waiting for the next 5 minute time period to come around at every FP entrance.  Peter Pan at 12:35 was no different.

When 12:35 came around BuckeyeFortFan and his portal playing kids were not back yet. I was waiting for them.  I was near the entrance in the shade (I'm a redhead shade is important). I wasn't holding my place in line but I had been waiting there long enough the castmember knew I was waiting for my FP time.

She said it was 12:35 FP time and stepped to the side.  The people next to us pushed right by us, although I wasn't trying to get in line so it wasn't a big deal, but the castmember made them stop so she could ask if my FP return time was 12:35 because she wanted to make sure I was first in line because I had waited so patiently. 

I thought it was sweet and thought my good friend Lou... would love to hear a 'castmember doing something magical' story.

The reality was it was a sweet gesture.

I thanked her sincerely, but didn't write her name down or send her a thank you or give her a gift or take her picture.

Ok, that's definitely my Lou... side coming out.

Here's some more Lou...

I found this woman and her 4 year old leaving the park.

4-1-13266_zps2230e334.jpg

Now I love my children and would do anything for them to a point. I will not wear a tutu to the MK for them on the day before Easter.

Or any other day for that matter.

Time to get out of the MK and go home.

4-1-13268_zpsac1e5ec0.jpg

You'd think these guys were tired, but the they do this whenever we have this place to ourselves.

4-1-13274_zpsed00a222.jpg

Nobody coming home mid-day. Crazy people it's crowded over there and it's beautiful at the Fort.

4-1-13279_zps61eb452b.jpg

So, here we are back at the campsite.

I started dinner, Chicken Cordon Blue in the crockpot.

So, we are just relaxing.

4-1-13058_zpsab827eb2.jpg

When this adorable dog shows up with a great lady on the leash.

4-1-13059_zpsf9999e83.jpg

I'll tell you between Buddy and the great conversation we were having with Lou...'s wife this was turing out to be a perfect afternoon.

Then this guy shows up.

4-1-13060_zpsbdd65a8e.jpg

Oh yeah, Lou... did too.

But our little man and Buddy sure hit it off.

4-1-13285_zps33ad6064.jpg

Here's the official Fiend meeting picture.

4-1-13062_zpsb9721569.jpg

I tell you, I was looking forward to meeting Lou...

I really was and I am so glad I did.

Thanks for looking us up Lou... and we'll catch you on the next trip.

Hopefully with Buddy too.

I would like to continue but it's late and I my pillow is calling me to stop writing and catch up on my zzzz's.