Does anyone know if there is any kind of a discount given to folks who stay for several months at a

time at the Fort?  Or who even stay for a year?   I am sure there isn't but I am asking just in case.

I know some people stay for a exrended times so I am just curious.

Thanks everyone.

Disney stopped long term stay discounts i think back in 2006. You have to pay a daily rate witch changes depending on the day. Monday-Thurs are lower rates Friday-Sunday higher. If you stay falls over any holiday you will pay holiday rates

I have actually wondered the same thing. Last visit, there were several campsites that the people looked like they were permanently staying....one had a full size fridge outside of their camper and an unbelievable amount of Halloween decorations.....we drove our golf cart around this site several times just to look at all of the decorations...I thought it was pretty cool, but I cannot imagine someone setting all of that stuff out (including the fridge) just for a visit!!!

There are quite a few people that stay at the Fort for months at a time - and a few that have been there for even longer.

As Todd (Discamper) pointed out though, discounted long-term stay rates went away a while ago and everyone now pays the daily rate for each day of your stay, regardless of how long you stay.

The only discounts you can get are AAA or AP if they are available.  Rhonda has done a good job of getting the AAA for us when we are there. If you use AP it can only be booked in 2 week blocks and AAA is usually better and it seems to have more availability especially for Premium sites. We have already gotten it for Preferred, but those seem to be less and less lately.  

Also remember the ressies have to be made in 30 day windows.

What about employee rates? I'm hoping to be snowbird in 10 yrs and if possible work at Disney during the winter months and staying at the fort.

Ten years, that's a lifetime away.

My guess is that whatever seasonal CMs get for discounts today will probably change in ten years.

CM's do get discounts at the Fort.  :)

It's a huge discount, however it's all subject to availability. During peak times, CMs in effect, don't get a discount..

My guess is that whatever seasonal CMs get for discounts today will probably change in ten years.

It's a huge discount, however it's all subject to availability. During peak times, CMs in effect, don't get a discount..

Tens years! A lifetime? My DS is 24 and DD is 8. Ten years goes by in the blink of an eye. Heck Lou. I bet you have socks that are more than 10 yrs old.

Lou is correct. The CM discount Is very good, when you can get it. Its not automatic and there are times of the year they do not offer it at all. So you have to be lucky and get one of the limited discounts for your desired months and pay full rate for those time they do not offer a discount (usually major holidays...aka, most expensive times).

• 4 weeks later...

I have not been back to the fort for a little over a year so when I checked in on May 2, the CM went through the usual list of rules and he included a new one.  He advised us that we could not set up perminent residence.  His words.  While I had not intention of doing so I still wonder how the nice folks with the castle set up under their fifth wheel and 4 golf carts stay for so long.  I don't want them to move or anything, I was just wondering.

I have not been back to the fort for a little over a year so when I checked in on May 2, the CM went through the usual list of rules and he included a new one.  He advised us that we could not set up perminent residence.  His words.  While I had not intention of doing so I still wonder how the nice folks with the castle set up under their fifth wheel and 4 golf carts stay for so long.  I don't want them to move or anything, I was just wondering.

All reservations have to be in increments of either 4 weeks or a month -- don't remember which.  Someone else here can tell you for sure.  This is to avoid the permanent residence thing.

Yes, those are nice folks you are describing!

He advised us that we could not set up permanent residence. 

The CM was simply repeating what's on the agreement you sign when you check in.

Long term stays are certainly allowed, just ask our own Devores, but by signing that agreement, guests can never consider the Fort as their legal residence. As Gwen alluded to, you have to make a new reservation after the one you have expires.

The CM was simply repeating what's on the agreement you sign when you check in.

Long term stays are certainly allowed, just ask our own Devores, but by signing that agreement, guests can never consider the Fort as their legal residence. As Gwen alluded to, you have to make a new reservation after the one you have expires.

Reservations can not exceed 30 days. So after one reservation ends, you have to check out and check back in. This Is one way to avoid permanent residence. The other is, you cannot use the Fort address as your address. Meaning, you cannot receive mail here or have it listed on your drivers license or listed for tax purposes. You get the idea, you have to have another address that you call home.

And its been on the rules of every resort on WDW property for as long as I can remember. Its a legal issue they must address to keep people from inadvertently becoming RC residence and having voting rights. Its just easier for someone to do at the Fort with all of the snow birds/fulltimers who frequent here.

So can you live at the fort full time, have a post office box for an address off property, and establish FL residency?  Just not RC residency?

No, in order to have FL residence, you must have a domicile (house, property, etc) in FL. A PO box will not get you FL residence and they are cracking down on dual and snow and snow bird residence now as well.

You could use one of those mail forwarding thingies and use that to establish residence. But you will need to show intent to make FL your domicile. Have a FL drivers license, register to vote in FL, register your car in FL, root for the FL sports teams. Ok, maybe not the last one, but you get the idea. You cant be a FL resident and still maintain a New York drivers license. And in order to get a FL driver license, you must have a permanent address, not a PO box.

Dave, thanks for the info.  We've been looking into establishing residency for awhile now, and I thought maybe I had found a loophole.  You just closed it.

On to my continuing search for property ... we could save at least $10,000 a year in taxes between state income tax, vehicle tax, motorhome tax if we become FL residents.

If I have a permanent address in FL but use a mail forwarding service to the fort that would work, right?

Legal residents would have voting rights and Disney does not want anyone to have voting rights in the RCID except for Disney, or entities affiliated with Disney.

The town of Celebration was de-annexed in 1994 because residents would have input in the RCID. Didn't Disney know that residents would be able vote when they built it? How would you like to have bought there because it was on Disney property, with Disney having control over much of what went on there, and then have the rug pulled out from under you by Disney leaving.

Your loop hole was known and that's why FL is cracking down on it. Snow birds used those tricks for years to have dual residence or fl residence without living here. They would get all the perks but not have to live here.

Your mail forwarding would be your address, then when you want your mail, have them send it where ever you want. Make sure the company you choose allows the use of their address as a residency. Otherwise it won't work.