The Touring Plans Blog has posted a sneak peek at the Monstrous Summer 24 hour event at the Magic Kingdom May 24-25...

The button in the picture below is supposedly the free button all guests will receive upon entering the park (while supplies last, just like those given out for other special events). The special desserts pictured will likely be available for the rest of the summer but will debut on May 24. We don’t have any information about pricing or sizing of the merchandise but will provide updates as we know more.

MUFinal.png

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/05/16/sneak-peek-at-monstrous-summer-merchandise-for-may-24-2013/

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:jumpforjoy  :banana:  :parrot:  :yay:  :dance:  :doodebug:  :stars-shower-smiley:  :yaysmilesa-smiley:   We're GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!   This is going to be one heck of a trip report!

We will be staying until 6am, even if we're sitting at the train station staring at the clock.    ...or sleeping at the train station. 

hmmmm... you know Mo, after you leave the park it'd be the perfect time to get in line at Trend-D for the special one of a kind Dooney prototypes sale...

hint...

hint, hint, hint...

Haven't confirmed as official info yet, but WDWMagic just put this up...

May 24 - 25, 6am to 6am

Entertainment

Dance Party at the hub (2am to 4:45am)
Monsters Movie Night in Tomorrowland (11pm to 4am)
Monsters Dance Party in Tomorrowland (4pm to 9pm)
Monsters pre-parade (12:15pm, 2:45pm)
Main Street Electrical Parade (9pm and 1am)
Wishes 10pm

Meet and Greets
Mike and Sulley: Intermittent from 11pm to 5am
Captain Jack Sparrow
Tinker Bell's Magical Nook
Ariel's Grotto
Town Square Theater
Mickey and Minnie in PJs 11pm to 6am

Attractions

Open 24 hours

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
Town Square Theater
Jungle Cruise
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Swiss Family Treehouse
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
Tinker Bell's Magical Nook
The Hall of Presidents
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Country Bear Jamboree
Ariel's Grotto
Casey Jr. Splash n Soak Station
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Stitch's Great Escape!
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

Open 24 hours but with intermittent closures

Pirates of the Caribbean (closed 5am to 6am)
The Haunted Mansion (closed 5am to 6am)
Splash Mountain (closed 4am to 6am)
"it's a small world" (closed 4am to 6am)
Dumbo (closed 2:30am to 4am)
Mad Tea Party (closed to midnight to 3am)
Peter Pan's Flight (closed 2am to 4am)
The Barnstormer (closed 11pm to 2:30am)
Under the Sea-Journey of The Little Mermaid (closed 5am to 6am)
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (closed 1:30am to 4am)
Space Mountain (closed 4am to 6am)

Dining

Open 24 hours

Plaza Ice Cream
Sleepy Hollow
Westward Ho
Gaston's Tavern
Tomorrowland Terrace

Special Items

"Eye Scream" sundae
Monster Cupcakes and Cookies
Monster Energy Drinks

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/monstrous-summer/news/17may2013-all-the-details-for-the-upcoming-monstrous-summer-all-nighter-at-the-magic-kingdom.htm

The official parks blog has posted some photos of the merchandise which they will be hawking at the 24 hour  day.

I really like this shirt:

anm189340SMALL.jpg

All the info is here:  http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/eye-mazing-merchandise-for-monstrous-summer-all-night-party-at-disney-parks-on-may-24-2013/

The official blog says the hub dance party goes on to 5:45, not 4:00 as posted on the unofficial site referenced in the previous post.

TCD

Here's the official Disney Parks Blog version of the schedule that TCD mentioned...

Everything kicks-off with special opening moments in front of the parks, leading up to 6 a.m., and then you’re off and running for 24 hours of fun!* Many of your usual favorite characters and shows will be happening throughout the day, but we also have some extra things planned just for this event.

At Magic Kingdom Park, Mike and Sulley from this summer’s new Disney•Pixar film “Monsters University” will pop in to “scare up” some excitement at the “Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It!” Street Party, and serve as Grand Marshals during a special pre-parade, complete with a cheer squad, flag corps and a marching band playing the MU Fight Song! You can catch this procession just ahead of each of that day’s two performances of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True” Parade. In Tomorrowland, the Rockettower Plaza Stage plays host to a “Monster Mania” DJ Dance Party from 4 – 9 p.m. and “Monsters University Movie Night” from 11 p.m. – 5 a.m., featuring back-to-back showings of the original “Monsters, Inc.” and an opportunity to meet Mike and Sulley! Finally, you can dance the night away at Disney’s Up All Night Dance Party at Cinderella Castle, keeping things lively from 2 – 5:45 a.m.

At Disneyland Resort, the fun spreads out across two Disney Parks! Disney California Adventure park is having a Hollywood Viewing Party, screening “Monsters, Inc.” inside Muppets Theater and hosting Mad T Party outside in Hollywood Land. Both start at 9 p.m. and continue through the night. Elsewhere, the “Monsters University” gang will be out and about with the new MU float from the Pixar Play Parade, happy to pose for pictures with you.

Disneyland park celebrates with a Disney Character Pajama Party, starting after midnight in Mickey’s Toontown with classic Disney cartoons, a Mickey Mouse Party Zone with DJ and activities for kids, plus goodies available for purchase, like hot chocolate, milk and cookies and other treats. Over in Tomorrowland, there will be Star Wars characters to meet and the TLT “Monstrous” Dance Club at Tomorrowland Terrace, where you can keep the party going from midnight to 5:30 a.m.

During the All-Nighter, the Royal Theatre at Fantasy Faire hosts a Royal Swing Ball, with a live band from 10 p.m. – 1:40 a.m., and beginning June 15 the “Jump, Jive, Boogie Swing Party” will return to the Royal Theatre for select nights during the summer. Keep an eye on the calendar page on Disneyland.com for dates and information.

So whether you’re heading to Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World Resort for the Disney Parks Monstrous Summer All-Nighter, you’re in for a monster-sized good time!

*Hours of operation 6:00 a.m. on 5/24/13 to 6:00 a.m. on 5/25/13; subject to capacity restrictions. Only select attractions, entertainment and services will be available. Valid theme park admission required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/24-hours-of-fun-and-entertainment-in-three-disney-parks/

And an interesting tidbit on the shirt...

This shirt will also be offered on our Disney Parks online store from May 24-27 at http://www.DisneyStore.com/ParkEvents. (Please note that items will be shipped in 6-8 weeks from time of order.)

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/eye-mazing-merchandise-for-monstrous-summer-all-night-party-at-disney-parks-on-may-24-2013/

So I guess that means if they run out in the parks, or I just don't feel like carrying it around, I can order it when I get home!  :)

I noticed today that CM Main Gate passes CM IDs are blocked out on that day. They'll have to use the CM hard tickets, if they have any, if they want to attend. But as they only get 4 per year, I think most CMs will not want to waste them on this wacky idea.

I noticed today that CM Main Gate passes CM IDs are blocked out on that day. They'll have to use the CM hard tickets, if they have any, if they want to attend. But as they only get 4 per year, I think most CMs will not want to waste them on this wacky idea.

Interesting.... cause from what I saw/conversations I had/overheard, there were LOTS of CMs there for the OMDD in Feb. 

I will be there till 6 am. But I'll be working..... At least ill make 3rd shift premium.

Do you know where you'll be working? Maybe this is my chance to catch the elusive "Dave in knickers" photo.  8)

Interesting.... cause from what I saw/conversations I had/overheard, there were LOTS of CMs there for the OMDD in Feb. 

TCD mentioned to me that for OMDD CMs weren't blocked out.  Not sure why they are this time, unless it's the whole "holiday weekend" thing and they're expecting much bigger crowds.

TCD mentioned to me that for OMDD CMs weren't blocked out.  Not sure why they are this time, unless it's the whole "holiday weekend" thing and they're expecting much bigger crowds.

Actually CMs are not blocked out, just their passes and IDs. They can still get in if they really, really want.

The official announcement says that "in order to help insure a seamless and exciting Guest experience", you schmuck faced CM losers can't get in unless you use up some of your hard tickets and we know you won't because those are like gold. I wrote that last part.

The key word here is LOTS. That's why they blocked us out. They need a good count to justify or shoot down any future 24 hour events.

Do you know where you'll be working? Maybe this is my chance to catch the elusive "Dave in knickers" photo.  8)

I will be working East side. So no knickers. But youre more than welcome to come find me.

They area I will be working is Partners in the Castle Hub, Tomorrowland bridge, Fantasyland Bridge, Rose Garden, or any characters in the Tomorrowland/old Fantasyland area (Buzz, Pooh and Tigger, White Rabbit, Peter Pan, etc) I will move around those areas throughout the night/morning.

CMs were not blocked out for OMDD. In fact, most people who ventured out LATE at night were CMs. Most of them were CPs who do not know how to behave in public and caused all kinds of trouble. So they ruined it for everyone else for this.

Actually CMs are not blocked out, just their passes and IDs. They can still get in if they really, really want.

The official announcement says that "in order to help insure a seamless and exciting Guest experience", you schmuck faced CM losers can't get in unless you use up some of your hard tickets and we know you won't because those are like gold. I wrote that last part.

There are several reasons for the decision.

1) They need all hands on deck in order to pull this off. Everyone who works MK is working some sort of shift for this event. Blocking out CMs will cut down on people trading/giving away shifts to attend.

2) Last 24 hour event, CMs would either spend the day in the park or goto the park after work. You can imagine how tired they would be and not able to think straight. So they are making the sane decision for us and just saying not to come.

3) See reply above. The CPs invaded the park last time and acted foolish. So foolish, 5 of them lost their place in the program and were banned from ever working at Disney again. So this time, no CMs.

4) All of MK will be working. So in all fairness, why allow the CMs from other areas to have fun?

They are so animate about keeping CM guests to a minimum, they are posting people at the tunnel entrances to ensure no one sneaks in and goes to the events.

ohh... game on!!

See above

KFK'd.... Fist Ups!! 

Is this the whole ride Dave thing again???