OT: Star Trek into Darkness May 17th!!!

Oh no, I have to rearrange my ping pong ball collection on May 17th. You have to move them around from time to time to keep them from developing flats.

Just kidding. I'm a big Star Trek fan from the very beginning, and I mean the very beginning. I've seen just about every TV episode of all the different Star Trek series and of course every movie.

I doubt that I'll see it on the 17th though. Don't like full movie theatres. I'm shy you know.

I'm probably gonna be on travel that week, and our due date is supposed to be May 17th at 3pm, so I'm thinkin I'll fly home on Saturday morning, and go to the movie on Friday night as kind of a thank goodness I'm finished celebration :)

(Rick is not a Star Trek fan)

I'm probably gonna be on travel that week, and our due date is supposed to be May 17th at 3pm, so I'm thinkin I'll fly home on Saturday morning, and go to the movie on Friday night as kind of a thank goodness I'm finished celebration :)

(Rick is not a Star Trek fan)

What if you tell him that the villain in the movie is a young Khan who sings karaoke to woo Uhura? 

My family all loves Star trek.  The kids have been watching the whole DS9 series on DVD from the library.   I love the movies, but felt there were some "grown-up" themes that I would rather not share with my children at this time.  I hope to go with dh, but might have to wait for it to come out on DVD.

However, if anyone is passing through Greenville, SC area  and wants to see it, give me a call and i will meet you there and have you back to the house afterwards (or beforehand) for dinner!

• 1 month later...

As a big Star Wars, Star Trek, and Bond fan I never thought the day would come that I'd let a new release pass me by in the theaters, but for the latest two releases from each franchise I have just waited for them to come to video and have happily enjoyed them on my 60" plasma and 7.1 surround. I think the last film I went to see at the theater was Avatar, and that was more a social event than because of the movie. I may still go see this one, but apathy is a powerful force!

I saw it in the theater too and really liked it.  We decided that CJ was old enough to watch it without having issues and that, of course, backfired.  I will probably buy it on DVD because I missed a bunch at the end when my son melted.  Apparently crashing starships bother him immensely.

I really liked how the movie tied in with The Wrath of Khan.