• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lou makes good on the bet...

When we got on the bus to go back to the front, there were 2 other families with TE pizza box's. They looked quite jealous! The lady working at the junk booth made some kind of comment and I said TE

Wow! Black powder used in a metal tube can't be used over and over? Don't tell all those people using those cannons for the last couple hundred years that! A wager does sound like the aproperate thing to do.

The wager is they don't use compressed gas to shoot the large fireworks that are not "inside" the MK.

Deal?

There is a big difference between a cannon and a extra heavy pipe as far as durability.

Deal

And to up the bet, I say that the same fireworks as mentioned in the previous bet do not have electronic fuses to detonate the firework in the air.

Lets say add pepperoni? Just to make things interesting. :-D

Your're on rookie. I'll contact the person in charge.

There is a big difference between a cannon and a extra heavy pipe as far as durability.

Deal

Your're on rookie. I'll contact the person in charge.

I may be a rookie when it comes to driving a bus, but not when it comes to Disney.

The travel channel did a hour long special last year on the fireworks at Disney. You better come at me something better than a form letter from someone's secretary.

I may be a rookie when it comes to driving a bus, but not when it comes to Disney.

The travel channel did a hour long special last year on the fireworks at Disney. You better come at me something better than a form letter from someone's secretary.

Well if the Travel Channel says its so then I'm conceding the bet right now, that's plenty good enough for me.

It won't be a form letter, it will be an email from the actual person. 

I just know what was in the video. Showed everything from making the actual mortars to fireing them off. They did talk and demonstrate the method you talked about, but that was for the roof top pyrotechnics inside the MK.

They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.  Bon Jour.

Some people are surprised that I can drive fairly well even though I wear an eye patch. It's flesh colored, so it's not that noticeable.

Also, we have an official definitive answer and the email does say that they do use an "Air Launch" system with electronic fuses/matches.

The rest of the story later. Off to MK to drive in the rain. It's going to be a messy day.

Also, we have an official definitive answer and the email does say that they do use an "Air Launch" system with electronic fuses/matches.

The rest of the story later.

I never said they don't have one. Just that they don't use it for the big fireworks behind the MK.

I guess the truth will be told with the "rest of the story"!

• 2 weeks later...

Also, we have an official definitive answer and the email does say that they do use an "Air Launch" system with electronic fuses/matches, however they don't...........

I had my facts correct, but not the location. They do use the air launch system and electronic fuses at WDW and at other places, but not at MK. I think it's because they're fired off so far away.

So I will be having pizza, but I'll be paying for it.

We're planning on having a small pizza party on the TE porch in a couple of weeks.

• 3 weeks later...