Looking for a lunch/dinner restaurant.

I don't remember who had the idea to book the last available lunch reservation as to get to cheaper lunch rate compared to dinner rate.

We always do that at the Biergarten. Have lunch at 3:00-3:30 pay the lesser lunch time rate and then we just have a snack that evening. Saves us money by paying lunch time rates and not paying for another big meal for dinner.

Any suggestions on other restaraunts that offer a cheaper lunch menu? What's your favorite?

Looking for resort, DD, and park restaraunts.

I think that approach works well at Crystal Palace too.  I would guess that many of the restaurants, both buffet and sit down, would work that way.  Any TS restaurant with a separate lunch menu is probably cheaper during lunch hours, and probably most if not all the buffets and pay one price character meals. 

We can't do late lunches because Z still naps, but you can also do that at the breakfast buffets too. Small snack in the morning, then pig out around 10:40, no need for lunch! We did that at CRT with great success.

Great idea. I never thought of that. Since we are staying 7days at Wyndham Bonnet creek and then 6 days at yacht club we are trying to stretch our food budget money as far as possible. That why i can buy more beer at the WS. Lol

Great idea. I never thought of that. Since we are staying 7days at Wyndham Bonnet creek and then 6 days at yacht club we are trying to stretch our food budget money as far as possible. That why i can buy more beer at the WS. Lol

I'm all for more beer. :) Since we won't have a kitchen in July, I'm looking to stretch my dining dollars too.

I know places like Tusker House that offer continuous services transition the food, so the late breakfasts get some lunch items too. But I've been debating between breakfast and lunch at Tusker House, and the prices are about the same. But still a meal that takes the place of 2 is a good deal.

We're also eating at Via (whatever) pizzeria in Epcot. I've heard great things about their pizza and splitting it is pretty reasonable to split.

Splitting is a good option to save money (and calories) in many WDW restaurants.  We've never had an issue doing that.  It is especially nice for a longer trip.  On our last 2 week trip to split more often when dining out.  It saved quite a bit of money.  And if I eat big meals every meal for 2 weeks I'd be a blimp. 

Now if they'd only let me split at the buffets.....

Splitting is a good option to save money (and calories) in many WDW restaurants.  We've never had an issue doing that.  It is especially nice for a longer trip.  On our last 2 week trip to split more often when dining out.  It saved quite a bit of money.  And if I eat big meals every meal for 2 weeks I'd be a blimp. 

I'm looking forward to doing this with my mom. Jason WILL NOT split. And we always end up with leftovers. Even without being on the dining plan, I start to feel WAY too full after a few days. If we do buffets on back to back days, I feel like a blimp!

I don't know if their prices at the plaza change based on meals.

My parents always get the chicken strawberry salad, Brian gets the meatloaf, club for me (which I can only eat 1/2) and grilled cheese for Adam. We are creatures of habit lol.