How much time at each park

Hi. My wife and I are headed down to DW at the end of April. We will be getting the 4 park pass.  I was wondering if the experienced park goers can tell me which parks will take the most time. I would think that MK and Epcot will be our longest days and that AK and DS will not take as much . We are staying in FW, so we plan on coming back each afternoon at some point to have lunch and walk the dog, then go back to the park

39 minutes ago, Mysterest said:

Hi. My wife and I are headed down to DW at the end of April. We will be getting the 4 park pass.  I was wondering if the experienced park goers can tell me which parks will take the most time. I would think that MK and Epcot will be our longest days and that AK and DS will not take as much . We are staying in FW, so we plan on coming back each afternoon at some point to have lunch and walk the dog, then go back to the park

First of all welcome.  And your right. MK and Epcot will take more time to get thru.

MK, Epcot, and Hollywood studios are relatively easy to go back to the Fort and take an afternoon break.   AK is further away so you will spend more time traveling back and forth.    In my humble opinion, just by you plannning and asking questions will make your trip more enjoyable.  The advice I give to most first timers, I'm assuming this is your first trip,. Is to not try and do everything at each park. Look online and see what's available at each park and decide what interests you the most and do those things.  Save some things for your next trip. 

Welcome! 

When you say 4 park pass what do you mean, how long will you be staying?

MK can be an all day if not multiple day park if you really want to try to do and see everything. You'll also be there during the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot which can add a lot to see. 

I'm with Ray on the finding the things you really want to see and do and focusing on that rather than spending your whole trip running trying to do everything. 

3 hours ago, Mysterest said:

Welcome! We usually spend the most time in Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. I would check out the touring plans at www.easywdw.com. Some people don't spend a full day at AK or HS, but if you see a few shows, you definitely can. 

3 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

First of all welcome.  And your right. MK and Epcot will take more time to get thru.

MK, Epcot, and Hollywood studios are relatively easy to go back to the Fort and take an afternoon break.   AK is further away so you will spend more time traveling back and forth.    In my humble opinion, just by you plannning and asking questions will make your trip more enjoyable.  The advice I give to most first timers, I'm assuming this is your first trip,. Is to not try and do everything at each park. Look online and see what's available at each park and decide what interests you the most and do those things.  Save some things for your next trip. 

Agree! 

18 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Welcome! 

When you say 4 park pass what do you mean, how long will you be staying?

MK can be an all day if not multiple day park if you really want to try to do and see everything. You'll also be there during the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot which can add a lot to see. 

I'm with Ray on the finding the things you really want to see and do and focusing on that rather than spending your whole trip running trying to do everything. 

Derek, there's a discounted ticket you can currently buy that allows you to visit each of the parks 1 time each. 

Perhaps you thought of this, but when you plan your park day, try to do everything in one area of the park before moving on to another area in the park.  You can spend a lot of time going back and forth between different areas.

For certain attractions in EPCOT and the MK, there can be very long wait times.  If you don't have a fast pass, come back at a different time to get in line rather than waiting.  You can spend hours just waiting for some attractions.  Try to get fast passes for the "must do" attractions you are interested in seeing.

I'm bummed we can't use that ticket as it's blacked out when we are there for spring break. 

As for the original question, I agree MK is a multi-day if you want to do it all. HS, should be free with a purchase to Epcot.....I guess the first time there it's lots of fun, but....there are only 3 rides that entice me and they are always an hour wait when we get to go. Epcot is great, though the Showcase is the main attraction because there's not much in the future world section. (I mean since captain eo LOL). But stay till close for the fireworks. 

Animal Kingdom is great, lots to see amazing theming, good rides and tons of self guided stuff.  

Now to get the most bang for your time, check out the crowd calendar on Undercover Tourist,  and do the parks by lowest crowd level. Also, if the ticket allows, you can't beat going early, coming back to the Fort to eat and swim, and go back at night for whatever show or fireworks that may be at the park of the day. 

12 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Welcome! We usually spend the most time in Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. I would check out the touring plans at www.easywdw.com. Some people don't spend a full day at AK or HS, but if you see a few shows, you definitely can. 

Agree! 

Derek, there's a discounted ticket you can currently buy that allows you to visit each of the parks 1 time each. 

Thanks Kelly,

It's hard to keep up with all the tickets and options anymore and to be honest with our passes I don't even try unless I have family visiting.