We are a family of six. Me, my wife, 3 daughters (14, 10, 4) and a son  (3). So needless to say we need a lot of space for people and gear. lol.

We're going to use two tents for our trip but in the future, I'm wanting a pretty large tent for all of us. Any recommendations? We all know when a tent says it sleeps 6, that's not true. lol. I was thinking about one of those 3 room tents with the "real door".

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks! We're pretty excited. We love Fort Wilderness more than any place. We stayed once in a cabin in 2008 and fell in love. Then we went back to the regular resorts after the little ones were born. Then last year, we drove through Fort Wilderness to look at the Christmas lights and we just ached to go back. My four yr old is Autistic and she is so excited to go "tenting" as she calls it. She's been on cloud 9 for the past week since she realized we were going. Thank Goodness I didn't tell her when we booked the trip last year LOL

Welcome!! I don't have any recommendations but I'm sure someone will. We have a 10 person field and stream for my family of 3 and it would be too small for your family for sure. I found YouTube really helpful when I found a tent on line to look for reviews and videos of the layouts.

Whatever you decide have a wonderful time!!

Thanks! We're pretty excited. We love Fort Wilderness more than any place. We stayed once in a cabin in 2008 and fell in love. Then we went back to the regular resorts after the little ones were born. Then last year, we drove through Fort Wilderness to look at the Christmas lights and we just ached to go back. My four yr old is Autistic and she is so excited to go "tenting" as she calls it. She's been on cloud 9 for the past week since she realized we were going. Thank Goodness I didn't tell her when we booked the trip last year LOL

We were in a cabin in 2008 too! :jumpforjoy: It was our 1st trip to the Fort and we loved it so much we returned in 2011. We're returning for a 3rd trip but not until 2015. *so far away-sigh* We want to try out a 5th wheel next time. Best of luck and I hope you have a great stay! Oh and :welcome2:

I have not yet but will be soon. He is a member on here. Several people have and I have two trips booked with his campers this year. I got to check out his setup of one of them I. January and I can't wait to stay in it in July and December. He does all the setup for you and gives you a walk through.

when you do get around to buying, we are a family of 7 and have a coleman 19x12 cabin tent, i'm thinking it's a grand canyon or something of that nature, we all fit comfortably but two of my girls sleep on a "double bunk cot" google that it's like bunkbeds while camping, I'm suprised that your older kids want to be in the same tent, we actually ended up going with two 14 x10 instant tents as my older kids liked having their own :) At first I was worried because I couldnt "see them" but I quickly got over that..lol

when you do get around to buying, we are a family of 7 and have a coleman 19x12 cabin tent, i'm thinking it's a grand canyon or something of that nature, we all fit comfortably but two of my girls sleep on a "double bunk cot" google that it's like bunkbeds while camping, I'm suprised that your older kids want to be in the same tent, we actually ended up going with two 14 x10 instant tents as my older kids liked having their own :) At first I was worried because I couldnt "see them" but I quickly got over that..lol

My oldest two daughters 14-10 get along remarkably well. Rarely fight. Neither are embarrassed to be around us yet either haha. But I might bring my tent just in case ppl want to spread out.

I have rented from Curt twice and have plans to rent 2 more times in the next year!  You won't be sorry.  he and Jody are wonderful people and the camper is the way to go.  We are a family of 7 and tented it every time until last November.  Never will I tent again.  LOL!  Thanks Curt!!!! When are you planning to go?  Have a great trip.  Are you considering a golf cart?

Sounds like you have a good plan laid out. If your new to tent camping take a good look at what they supplied for the rental. Maybe make a list for your next trip and take notes of things you would like to have.

We're not new to tent camping. We just took a sabbatical when the 2nd generation of kids came along. We thought we were finished after the oldest two. haha. Now we had kids 14, 10, 5, and 2. Oldest 3 girls. Youngest a boy.  Of them all my 5 yr old is the most excited. about "tenting" as she calls it.

Thanks for the tent advice!