Yes I was thinking about that last night so I decided to tell my wife today when I get home. She does very strategic planning for meals, clothing and medication so she really needs to know. So she will be informed tonight.

I'm so glad you decided to tell her!

I think your surprise is AWESOME!  As much as I think it would be so cool to have surprised your wife too....a part of me wonders if mine would react a little like Gwen.  When she is mentally prepared to go home, it would be a big shift to stay longer.  The kids...perfect to surprise.  But it might be good you are telling your wife.  When we took our cruise last year, I kept it a surprise for quite a while and was actually going to not tell anyone including my wife until the morning we left.  But for similar reasons I told my wife a week prior, not only because she could plan better for a cruise as opposed to a vacation in a hotel, but also so she could be as excited as me for that week.  I bet your wife will appreciate being able to participate in the surprise and to be excited about that. 

You are DA MAN!

That surprise would not anger me one bit.  And I am a tremendous pain.  Uptight, anal, list-making freak.

But I love the fort so much, I'd be more than willing to do some laundry to get clean undies, run to the store for more food, and call CVS for enough meds to get us by til we get back home.

One question for you....you mentioned that you were able to use your AP to get the additional days.  How does that work?  I have never been able to use our AP to get anything with the Fort (except for discounts on food and merchandise).  Thanks for any information.    

One question for you....you mentioned that you were able to use your AP to get the additional days.  How does that work?  I have never been able to use our AP to get anything with the Fort (except for discounts on food and merchandise).  Thanks for any information.    

You can get up to a 40% discount, at certain times of the year, on campsites with a AP.

This is soooooo cool!!

In case my husband ever reads this thread.... "Honey, you would be the most awesome person EVAH if you surprised me like that!"

DITTO!

As for me being a bit upset at not being fully prepared... I think it would go something like this...

=====

OMGOMGOMGYAY!!!!! (dancing, skipping, giggling)

Ok, hang on a minute... (wheels turn, a little smoke comes out of my ears)...

clothes.... food.... hmmmm.....

Ok, I'll do laundry this afternoon and make a run to the market after.

OMGOMGOMGYAY!!!!!  (dancing, skipping, giggling)

This is soooooo cool!!

DITTO!

As for me being a bit upset at not being fully prepared... I think it would go something like this...

=====

OMGOMGOMGYAY!!!!! (dancing, skipping, giggling)

Ok, hang on a minute... (wheels turn, a little smoke comes out of my ears)...

clothes.... food.... hmmmm.....

Ok, I'll do laundry this afternoon and make a run to the market after.

OMGOMGOMGYAY!!!!!  (dancing, skipping, giggling)

:partythree:

My hubby did something similar for me a couple of years ago, except instead of packing all up and leaving, he just showed up back at the site and handed me new key cards with a later checkout date :)

What was even nicer, is he was actually leaving too. (I know that sounds weird, but let me explain). We were there with our grown children and their girlfriends. They HAD to get home, and two of them were planning on riding home with us.  He drove them all the way home, then a few days later came back and got me.

While I LOVE my DH dearly, camping with him is some work as he needs assistance with a few things while camping.  After the stressful work, and running like crazy with the kids, I was ready to just chill in my chair!! It was a wonderful present!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the idea didn't go over as planned. The girls were trying to blow through all there spending money as if they were only going to be here for a week. They also were trying to go to the park everyday so that they could once again see everything in a week. So my wife and I decided to tell them on Tuesday, June 4. They were completely shocked and didn't believe us at first but they loved it. This also let us keep our same site, 401. Anyway my wife filmed it and I will upload the video soon. We will be here until Friday morning.