Well I was sitting around today  :toiletreading: and I got a brainstorm. Some of you may know that the family and I are going to the Fort in a week and a half for 8 days and 7 nights in a premium site. :thtray:  We checkout on Saturday June 8. So we will pack up like normal and start to head out.  Well I just arranged a little surprise for DW, DG, and the kids. But instead of going home to Wildwood, GA, I am going to drive over to the full hook up sites and back her in for another 6 nights. I got on the system and was able to book 6 more nights at the AP rate. I am not telling anyone not even DW. :dogsnicker:  So I think I will earn some major brownie points with the family.  :yaysmilesa-smiley:  :yaysmilesa-smiley:

This is great!! I would die. So fun.

Do you want to stay in the same site though? I'm sure that they could let you extend the reservation if you play with the dates enough. I'm resisting the urge to start checking for dates on your behalf. That way you wouldn't have to move. (Unless you are going for the lower rate which I totally understand)

This is great!! I would die. So fun.

Do you want to stay in the same site though? I'm sure that they could let you extend the reservation if you play with the dates enough. I'm resisting the urge to start checking for dates on your behalf. That way you wouldn't have to move. (Unless you are going for the lower rate which I totally understand)

2 reasons, I want them to think we are actually leaving, plus the lower rate.

I love surprises like this! This is actually a very good one...going so far as to pack everything up and move! That may be worth bonus points!

Our surprise this year is that DD8 and DD10 have no idea that my sister's family, including their two favorite cousins, will be joining us for the 2nd week of our stay. I can't wait to see the reaction when we happen to run into them at the fort!

We'll need an update after you get resettled. Let us know everyone's reaction!

I love surprises like this! This is actually a very good one...going so far as to pack everything up and move! That may be worth bonus points!

Our surprise this year is that DD8 and DD10 have no idea that my sister's family, including their two favorite cousins, will be joining us for the 2nd week of our stay. I can't wait to see the reaction when we happen to run into them at the fort!

We'll need an update after you get resettled. Let us know everyone's reaction!

Very cool. I will keep everyone informed!

Wish I could get my hubby to give surprises like that.

I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I read your post to my DH and told him I would kill him if he ever did that to me.

We spend the entire afternoon before departure cleaning our rig.  Dust, vacuum, steam clean the tile floors, scrub the shower, gel-gloss all the surfaces.  I launder all the dirty towels.  We make sure especially that we don't leave anything dirty that has to be cleaned with water.  Then we spend an hour covering the canvas enclosure on our golf cart and getting everything bungee-corded down.  The next morning right before leaving I clean the toilet, bathroom sink, and kitchen sinks. 

I plan out our meals before we ever leave home and have most of them cooked and in the freezer.

I pack adequate clothing for the length of our trip.

If I mentally prepared to leave the fort and upon driving out found that we were going to another site, I would of course be happy but also very upset that I wasted 6 hours cleaning, that I didn't have enough food planned, and that the first things I would have to do are going to the grocery store and spending hours in the laundry so we'd have something to wear the next week.

I hope your surprise works out well for you and that your wife takes it better than I would!

I see your dilemma. I wouldn't be too happy either after doing all the things you do to get ready for the home trip.  For us it wouldn't be so because I clean up at home.  When DH is ready to pull out, he is ready to pull out.  Store things away, close up the slides while he dumps the tanks and hooks up.  No playing around for him. [that is how he would see my wanting to vacuum and wash floors before leaving].  I would be totally up for a Walmart/Publix run if he surprised us with extra days at the Fort.

This way you have the shortest ride to the Fort ever!!!!!!!!

Yep definitely. I am going to go out the gate by the overflow lot. Then I am going to take a right, then turn right back into the Fort. I am going to tell them I forgot something then pull up to the front check-in. The kids will still think that I just need to go through the front gate because of the large rig. Then when I pull up to the and they ask me if we are checking in. I am going to scream SURPRISE! yes we are. The kids are gonna go crazy!!!!!!! 

I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I read your post to my DH and told him I would kill him if he ever did that to me.

We spend the entire afternoon before departure cleaning our rig.  Dust, vacuum, steam clean the tile floors, scrub the shower, gel-gloss all the surfaces.  I launder all the dirty towels.  We make sure especially that we don't leave anything dirty that has to be cleaned with water.  Then we spend an hour covering the canvas enclosure on our golf cart and getting everything bungee-corded down.  The next morning right before leaving I clean the toilet, bathroom sink, and kitchen sinks. 

I plan out our meals before we ever leave home and have most of them cooked and in the freezer.

I pack adequate clothing for the length of our trip.

If I mentally prepared to leave the fort and upon driving out found that we were going to another site, I would of course be happy but also very upset that I wasted 6 hours cleaning, that I didn't have enough food planned, and that the first things I would have to do are going to the grocery store and spending hours in the laundry so we'd have something to wear the next week.

I hope your surprise works out well for you and that your wife takes it better than I would!

Yes I was thinking about that last night so I decided to tell my wife today when I get home. She does very strategic planning for meals, clothing and medication so she really needs to know. So she will be informed tonight.

I see your dilemma. I wouldn't be too happy either after doing all the things you do to get ready for the home trip.  For us it wouldn't be so because I clean up at home.  When DH is ready to pull out, he is ready to pull out.  Store things away, close up the slides while he dumps the tanks and hooks up.  No playing around for him. [that is how he would see my wanting to vacuum and wash floors before leaving].  I would be totally up for a Walmart/Publix run if he surprised us with extra days at the Fort.

Our fridge and freezer isn't big enough for 2 weeks of food so we will be making a Walmart / Publix run for sure. Also, are you guys are checking in that same week? If so we will have to introduce ourselves. Just keep an eye out for the Georgia Bulldawg golf cart. I will post our site numbers as well.