Fa-Tang! - This Trip Report Brought to You By the Letter 12

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok.  Since I know I love Nicki... and I know that I love MO... and anyone who calls herself Turkey Pants and is related to MO just has to be loveable....   I will gladly add my Hong Kong Phooeyesque  

I have a picture in my head of WWW and a 24-hour MK colliding.  :partythree:  :panic:  :pope:

OMG I love how you think and well... just you in general.  Both of you.  :heartsmiley:   Seriously folks, only do crazy things like this with people you truly adore or you will probably end up killing

Ok so FA-TANG....

First of all, I don't even remember when this started, but I'm pretty sure it was on the flight down Thursday and I'm also pretty sure it came from Turkey Pants.   8)

Secondly, to get the true value from "FA-TANG" you must say it like you're in an old, bad, kung-foo fight movie with subtitles so that it sounds more like "PHtaaaaaaaaaang" with a bit of a lilt on the end.

Also helps if you throw in a karate chop move to emphasize it. :ph34r:

FA-TANG ended up being the rallying cry for our mission, and also was usually the precursor to hysterical giggling - there was a lot of that - and it started on the plane ride down.  In fact, we were a bit concerned that the local news headline was going to be "3 giggling lunatics de-planed by Southwest and left on the runway rolling around crying and shouting 'FA-TANG' "

The running joke also became my miserable timing in the use of FA-TANG.  Like.... 3 seconds *after* splash down on Splash Mtn, or after the hummer-sized stroller that cut me off was already 10 feet away.

Timing is everything, and as usual, mine is bad.   ::)

Sounds like Fa-Tang! needs to be said in the same accent as 'Ohhh-HANA! 

I always picture an old Mr Miyagi letting one rip while saying Ohhh-HANA!  Now I picture Mr Miyagi cocking a cheek and yelling Fa-Tang! while faking a karate move to mask his true intentions. 

Why do I feel like you understand the correct usage better than Mo? Maybe you should come to the next impromptu "Crazy Ladies Do Disney" trip :rofl3:

Apparently the combination of flying 2800 miles in 36 hours and getting about 8 hours of sleep over 3 days isn't so great for the human body, as all of the lunatics responsible for this trip report are now under the weather.

It appears I'm the least ill at the moment, but it may take a bit longer to get this TR off the ground.

To tide you over, a few memorable quotes from the mission...

"My synapses have synapped"

"The words are wrong"

"Nicole can't get past the verb"

"If we go around twice on the people mover, that's a 20 minute nap"

"I need a stamp"

Ok so back to "Take Your Crazy FrIENDS to Work Day"...

More evidence of N&N's decorating skills - here are the "enhancements" to my white board calendar

8877707783_66537b515a_b.jpg

Nicki also learned another valuable reason to keep Nicole around... she can't sit still and messiness makes her cuckoo! 

Bonus for me as she cleaned out the entire corner of my office where all the samples were piling up, and even washed my window where the gel window stick-ons from 2 winters ago and Halloween had started melting into giant window boogers.

The end result?

8877696077_174bd5113f_z.jpg

I still think she should have stuck them on backwards so the planes landing and taking off could read them.  :rofl2:

At 12:30 we moseyed over to the terminal, grabbed some lunch and hopped on Southwest 3410 to Orlando.

At this point there was already Fa-tanging and giggling... a lot of giggling.  Definitely a preview of the hysteria to come!

An uneventful flight, a ride on the monorail (sorry Lou, shuttle) and we head to Magical Express.

In light of the behavior to follow, in hindsight this photo was very appropriate...

8877665427_3d841281a1_b.jpg

Coming up next...

POP!

The joke bus

Dessert for dinner

A brief nap before the fun begins

Ok so back to "Take Your Crazy FrIENDS to Work Day"...

More evidence of N&N's decorating skills - here are the "enhancements" to my white board calendar

8877707783_66537b515a_b.jpg

I foresee you getting into some trouble here.... something is missing.  She is gonna notice...

:bugeyes:    I cannot believe you erased my rainbow and unicorn! BLASPHEMY! 

Let me back track one photo as it seems there is just one taken on the plane.  Here you have Fisher x2.  As you can see I have been officially Disneynapped.

8858279483_af180e36c6.jpg

Here we are, finally on our way to our happy place and on the BUS!!8858275981_0ae79a0a42.jpg

We had possibly the scariest bus driver ever.  He was driving, trying to talk to us over the TV spiel, banging the mic against the wheel when it didn't work AND IT WAS IN THE RAIN!  

8858884730_0d28c14eca.jpg

By the way, 

/troll rant on

if a mom of two, by herself shows up on the DME and you are a single rider taking up two seats.  Don't give the other single rider, who voluntarily gave up her seat a dirty look for setting in the seat next to you.  

/troll rant off

We finally arrived at the POP and got into our room.  We had great fun with the lady doing our check in.  Frankly, she took Nicole's side of every argument including the one where Mo and I would have to sleep outside.  Then she mentioned there were a lot of women checking in for this 24 hour thing.  We collected our celebrating buttons and went to the room.

8859152534_29542025ac_b.jpg

8859141038_62227ca2b0_b.jpg

8858555753_ef84681d99_b.jpg

We did some unpacking and repacking of the new purse/bags and then we had a date with the Bread Pudding at Raglan Road.  Here we are laughing at our attempts to get a decent picture in the Mirror.

8858567957_6e425d963d_b.jpg

Off to *GASP* ride the bus to DTD -
8858524859_12dda9dea4_b.jpg

Here you have Nx2 -

8859121474_d35d39e4ff_b.jpg

Note - sorry about the varying pic sizes.  Learning how to maneuver through the flickr changes