Say what?!?

There are jets coming out of the wall. My shower at home isn't that good. I could have spent all day in there.

I'll second the vote for Topsail Hill Preserve State Park at Santa Rosa Beach, FL (E of Destin).   Each site has sufficient vegetation to offer lots of privacy, nice, large, level, paved sites.  You can ride your bike or walk to the beach, or hop on the shuttle the runs continuously.   One of the few state parks in FL with full hookups.   LOVE IT!

One of our top CG's is in Hot Springs, NC. It is a rather small town that the Appalachian Trail runs through, with a few outfitter stores, a couple places to eat and a nice Spa for the ladies. This is a picture of our site from our annual gathering there this year. Right behind the trees is the French Broad River, and there is not much better than sitting outside in the evening with beverage in hand, listening to the flowing river.

IMG_3099_zps9cff80cf.jpg

EDIT:

Thought I'd add a river shot :)

HotSprings201311_zps2bfb68ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's not very close to Augusta, but we love Shady Grove on Lake Lanier. It's not full hook-up though.

We also like River Vista in Dillard, GA. The sites aren't private, but they have a lot of amenities and are close to Highlands, NC and the Dillard House (a yummy all-you-can-eat country restaurant).

• 1 month later...

We're still big Willow Tree fans. If you don't "have" to be on the beach at Myrtle Beach, its about as nice as they come down there. Besides my sig pic, here's another plus one with our former Sabre TT.

www.willowtreervr.com

Based on this posting, a favorable posting elsewhere, and the fact that we live 90 miles from Willow Tree RV Resort, we tried this campground this past weekend and was very pleasantly impressed with this campground. The grounds were immaculate, staff very friendly and helpful, the bath house were private restrooms with plenty of room (and clean), and the amenities were great. WiFi is weak but is primarily due to lack of cable networking to the area that they are in which limits their bandwidth. It gets our vote. We are returning Labor day weekend as we were able to get a spot from a cancelation while we were there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Does anyone have any favorites in Georgia?  We're moving to the Augusta area and we are really looking forward to using the TT more than the 3 - 4 months you get in upstate NY. 

We love Tallulah Gorge State Park.  We are going there in October for 8 nights.  This will be our third year in a row going there.  The hike to the gorge from the campground is super short, and we hike it almost everyday taking the dogs on a walk.  And its pretty centrally located, easy ride up to the Blue Ridge Parkway as well as hitting some of our favorite hiking spots in NE GA.  Plus, my FIL lives about 20 minutes away so we can swing by and visit with him as well. 

My favorite campgrounds.. other than the Fort - (these are not necessarily graded by granduer of the campground.  All unless noted are full hookup but some of the amenities are "primitive")

On The Beach RV in Port Aransas, TX

Jacob's Lake - North Rim of Grand Canyon

Park of Sierras (must be a Escapees Member)

Ingalls Homestead (3 partial hookup sites)

Our second favorite campground is Ft. Desoto in Tierra Verde (near St. Petersburg).

We love it for a few reasons.  First, on the dog loop, we typcially go for a waterfront site which makes Kayaking and Canoeing and Fishing so much easier!  You launch your kayak right from the campsite and plenty of waters to explore. Plus when the kids get tired, they can just go back to the campsite.  Makes things much more enjoyable than loading up the kayaks and driving somewhere only to have them complain ten minutes later that they are done and tired! 

We can also fish right from our site, hubby spends A LOT of time fishing when we go here.

Also, the bike path is awesome!  We love to bike ride and this is a favorite. 

In addition, the dog park has a huge fenced in area as well as a dog beach.  Although our Aussie is grounded from the dog beach since he decided to leave it, and run down the fishing pier. 

And of course, when you get tired of kayaking and fishing waterfront, you can head over to the beach.  We will be there for Labor Day weekend and right after New Years for 6 nights.  On the flip side, there is no sewer hookup and the water front sites are hard to get.  I have to be very purposeful in planning trips there, always thinking 6 months ahead and getting up at midnight to book sites! 

This is the back of our campsite.  We just keep our kayaks right here and go out whenever we want.

DSCN0789.jpg

This would be from a kayak looking at the back of our site from the water.

DSCN0740.jpg

Picture of the dog beach.  This was taken last August after Tropical Storm Isaac went by, the waves were expceptionally high and it was really windy. 

DSCN0753.jpg

Last August also, we had a Dolphin that wanted to come in the little bayou area.  I loved to get on my kayak and play around with him. 

DSCN0832.jpg

Hubby fishing and kids switching out kayaks on the back of the campsite.

DSCN0834.jpg

Sunset

DSCN0857.jpg

Based on this posting, a favorable posting elsewhere, and the fact that we live 90 miles from Willow Tree RV Resort, we tried this campground this past weekend and was very pleasantly impressed with this campground. The grounds were immaculate, staff very friendly and helpful, the bath house were private restrooms with plenty of room (and clean), and the amenities were great. WiFi is weak but is primarily due to lack of cable networking to the area that they are in which limits their bandwidth. It gets our vote. We are returning Labor day weekend as we were able to get a spot from a cancelation while we were there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Nice. I hear Halloween is a fun time there as well. I still would like to get a hot tub spot in late October/early November. But since we're headed to the Fort in mid-November, that might have to happen next year. :)