I find the CS food at DHS to be kind of lacking, but I'm not making ADRs for that day because I want to get Z into the JTA, and I'm not sure what time he'll get.

So.... what are your favorite CS meals there? It could also be something like the pretzel dog (can you get one without mustard?) that's not really a full meal.

..you could just make a meal out of carrot cake cookies. 

Well this of course, but the barbecue at Fairfax Fare over near ToT isn't too bad.  They also have a couple of the "gourmet" hot dogs there as well.

Also if it's not super busy, remember you can walk into the Tune In Lounge next to 50s Prime Time.  You have to sit at the bar, and it's first come first served, but if you can snag seats you can order off the full 50s Prime Time menu.

Totally agree that CS at DHS needs some help.

Yes, you can order the hot dogs on the pretzel rolls without mustard.  The mustard is very spicy and they put a lot on, so if you're not sure about it, ask to have it on the side.  I like the spicy mustard, but the TCD twins don't.

Since you are going in the summer, you want a place with indoor seating and AC- I believe that gives you the ABC Commissary, Pizza Planet and Studio Catering Company.  The stuff you find there will be similar to what you find in all of the other Quick Serve places around WDW.  Since the DDP has taken over, aren't they all about the same now anyway?  You will have maybe five or six entre choices, which will be one or two sandwiches, some kind of salad, some kind of weird vegetarian offering, and then maybe a burger or pizza.  Don't worry, they will all have plenty of Disney Fries or Disney Extra Salty Chips.  Pick a place- it doesn't really matter which one you choose.

TCD