Hmm, I would assume outside of a park due to crowds so I'll say:

Casual, not a super quiet place - Boatwrights at POR. I think it's major underrated and I've had great food there.

Casual and quieter - Sanaa at Kidani. It's quiet and very, VERY underrated. It's hardly ever crowded, either.

Casual and loud and in a park - Mama Melrose. It had a great Christmas feel.

Fancier - Flying Fish. Hands down. Big flavors and the best steak on property.

I also like Olivia's at OKW, but it's nothing super fancy at all. Typical American food with a few surprises like the conch fritters.

Just my opinion, though. It all depends on what kind of food you like. You're at WDW for Christmas, so I'm sure you'll enjoy almost anywhere.

What is your favorite place for a Christmas meal in the World?

There are some good restaurants at WDW, but I can't think of one where I would pay full price to eat there. They're not worth the money. Ohana comes close. Off property is what I suggest to people, if they have a car.

I would have to say we have had the past 3 Thanksgiving dinners at Trails End and have been very impressed.  Our first Thanksgiving at the fort back in 09 we had made reservations at the garden grove at the swan resort.  What a HUGE fiasco.  They over booked the resturant by 100 guest and we were packed like sardines for over an hour past our ressie time.  They next took a group of us to another restaurant at the swan and realized they could not fit us there.  All in all, it was a horrible night.  Trails ends keeps us free of the traffic crowds, parking and we have never had to wait after our scheuled time

I would have to say we have had the past 3 Thanksgiving dinners at Trails End and have been very impressed.  Our first Thanksgiving at the fort back in 09 we had made reservations at the garden grove at the swan resort.  What a HUGE fiasco.  They over booked the resturant by 100 guest and we were packed like sardines for over an hour past our ressie time.  They next took a group of us to another restaurant at the swan and realized they could not fit us there.  All in all, it was a horrible night.  Trails ends keeps us free of the traffic crowds, parking and we have never had to wait after our scheuled time

Jason-there is some good advice here.

I'm not sure if you've been to WDW for one of the big holidays, but it can get ugly.  Even with ADR's.

If you don't stay at the Fort, stay close- like MK or one of the MK resorts.

TCD

Jason-there is some good advice here.

I'm not sure if you've been to WDW for one of the big holidays, but it can get ugly.  Even with ADR's.

If you don't stay at the Fort, stay close- like MK or one of the MK resorts.

TCD

And if you don't go into the MK, you don't have to worry about capacity closings. I vote one of the MK resorts.

We did go to WDW for Christmas week in 2011. We had a lot of fun. We arrived on the 26th though because we spent Christmas with family and drove down afterwards. We aren't to worried about dealing with crowds but I like a lot of ideas. We will also have a TiW card so we can get a discount on our meals and drinks. 

Maybe Mama Melrose's so we can catch the Osbourne lights we missed last time. 

Maybe Trail's End but I think Sil wants more of a traditional sit down vs. buffet

Liberty Tree could be good too. 

Also thinking about Whispering Canyon.

Lot's of good ideas here. Thanks and if anyone has more please feel free to chime in. 

Oh the best one is definitely eating with Fiends of course.