First look at Tom Hanks as Walt Disney

ImagineeringDisney has posted a bunch of cool photos comparing shots from the movies to the real life scenes they portray from the 1960s...

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2013/7/31/saving-mr-banks-vs-the-1960s.html

Someone commented on these pics that Tom Hanks looks more like Mr. Banks than Walt.  I have to agre. LOL.  Still, he will probably do a good job.

No one consulted me but this is right in my wheelhouse.   :))  I love Mary Poppins and back story movies.  I will definitely be seeing this.     Finding Neverland was a good one too.   It is the Story of J.M. Barrie, author of Peter Pan, starring Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet. 

Finding Neverland, what a great movie. One of my top ten most favorite.

The Disney version of Mary Poppins is also one of my favorites.

And while I'm on favorites, one of my all time favorite songs happens to be from Mary Poppins, "feed the birds" (tuppence a bag).

I found out afterwards that it's Walt's favorite song too.

Finding Neverland, what a great movie. One of my top ten most favorite.

The Disney version of Mary Poppins is also one of my favorites.

And while I'm on favorites, one of my all time favorite songs happens to be from the Mary Poppins, "feed the birds" (tuppence a bag).

I found out afterwards that it's Walt's favorite song too.

Yes it is.

Mine too. (Big Surprise)

Same here.  However... I love all the songs in Mary Poppins.

Yep.  That's right!  I like that he would have the Sherman Brothers come into his office just to do that song for him.

:)

Mary Poppins is in my top ten for sure.  Love that movie.  For a long time, I would have told you that if I had a time machine, I would have wanted to go back to London in that day.  In reality it probably stunk, but the movie scenery was magical.  That is the only reason I like the Peter Pan ride at MK....the flight over London. 

Hanks was not Bobby's first choice to play Walt. Here is his preference. You can see the similarities, but Bobby has very little input in these matters.

SjUEKrk.jpg yYrJHDB.jpg

I'd rather jump into the chalk drawing...

I just showed this to Adam not too long ago. A few days later he was playing with chalk and kept jumping on the pictures. I thought he wanted to play hopscotch and I asked him. He got all annoyed and was like "mommmmm, I'm being like the chimney man!" Boy did I feel stupid.

I just showed this to Adam not too long ago. A few days later he was playing with chalk and kept jumping on the pictures. I thought he wanted to play hopscotch and I asked him. He got all annoyed and was like "mommmmm, I'm being like the chimney man!" Boy did I feel stupid.

:heart:  That's sooo cute!