First look at Tom Hanks as Walt Disney

Sounds like a good movie. Probably not pay to see at the theater good but rent worthy.

Side note, I have seen Roy Disney in person! Back in 2004ish in Philadelphia when the Save Disney thing was going on.

So Roy came back in 2004? He died shortly after WDW opened. Unless you mean the late Roy junior.

His Uncle Walt thawed out for my last New Years party. Tom Hanks doesn't look anything like him, but then Walt had been frozen for a long time.

Wow.  I just read about P.L. Travers on Wikipedia:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._L._Travers

She was different.  

I've watched the trailer twice.  Don't think I'll be going to see the movie unless I see positive recommendations from the fiends.

I like your scale Beckers.

I have it on my "Sure Why Not See It At The Movies Even At Extremely High Ticket Prices If We Can Actually Get Someone To Watch Our Kids" list

My standards for movies go down if DW and I can just go do something for a couple hours without the younglings.

My standards for movies go down if DW and I can just go do something for a couple hours without the younglings.

I hear you on that! Brian and I are going away for the night in 2 weeks and seeing a movie (probably Grown Ups 2) is on our to do list.

last time I went to a movie it was at the outrageous price of $4.00 to get in, I swore never to go again

I did see Mary Poppins at the RKO in Trenton when it came out, probably cost 50 cents to get in. and YES, I was a child at the time!

last time I went to a movie it was at the outrageous price of $4.00 to get in, I swore never to go again

I did see Mary Poppins at the RKO in Trenton when it came out, probably cost 50 cents to get in. and YES, I was a child at the time!

I'm glad you clarified that.  When you mentioned you were in Trenton I was going to ask if you fought with the Continental Army or the British. 

Love our local theatre here.  $3 all seats, first run theatre.

Just came home from Despicable Me 2

Last weekend was Monsters U

We just saw the trailer for this tonight.

Will probably go see it when it comes out but will depend on what else is out at the time.

Rainy summer means lots of afternoons at the theatre with the kids

• 2 weeks later...

From the Disney Parks Blog.  Love this poster! 

I know many of my fellow Disney fans are excited for the upcoming film, “Disney’s Saving Mr. Banks,” and today our friends at Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures have given us here at the Disney Parks Blog the chance to show you the exclusive debut of their “Disney’s Saving Mr. Banks” official poster! The film reveals the untold backstory of how Disney’s classic “Mary Poppins” made it to the big screen and features scenes of Walt Disney’s 1961 visit to Disneyland with the book’s author P.L. Travers, as portrayed by Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson.

Strike up the one-man band, please …

ban188885SMALL.jpg

Pretty amazing, isn’t it? Stay tuned for more updates, leading up to the film’s opening this December; and if you haven’t seen the trailer yet, check it out here.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/07/exclusive-debut-disneys-saving-mr-banks-official-poster/

• 2 weeks later...

ImagineeringDisney has posted a bunch of cool photos comparing shots from the movies to the real life scenes they portray from the 1960s...

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2013/7/31/saving-mr-banks-vs-the-1960s.html

Nope, not buying Tom as Walt, bad casting.

With all the excellent character actors out there, that's the best they could do?

The only reason Tom has that role is because he's Tom Hanks, and not because he resembles Walt in any way. He doesn't look or sound like Walt, again, second rate casting.

I hope someone consulted KFK on this. 

No one consulted me but this is right in my wheelhouse.   :))  I love Mary Poppins and back story movies.  I will definitely be seeing this.     Finding Neverland was a good one too.   It is the Story of J.M. Barrie, author of Peter Pan, starring Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet.