WBI’s DisneyWorld Babymoon

Right in this photo there is yet more proof of inconsistencies and confusion.  They seem to have concluded that the tickmark goes before the O...but now they don't know whether it is an apostrophe or an okina.  Whatever an okina is. 

I think you're right.

There is a symbol that looks like an okina to the left of the 1 on my computer keyboard.

Here's what it looks like `Ohana.

As opposed the apostrophe key, which looks like 'Ohana.

I'm not sure if that key on my keyboard is an okina, though.

I don't really care that much- Disney just needs to pick one way to spell the stupid word and go with it.

Or change the name of the restaurant.

TCD

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree.  You and CP look nothing like Sand People.     Congrats on the new career opportunity! I wish you all the best!

Wow thanks for reading everyone, I'll try to address all the comments and get another post up tonight!

Congratulations on expecting your first child!!  That is surely blessed news.  And a boy....well I have no experience with that, but I'm sure it's great.  :)

Looking forward to the rest of your report....we've been short on WBI trip reports lately.

Thanks DIT!

We are very excited about the boy!

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your son!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Thank you and thanks for reading!

Congrats on all of the new things in life...... except for living in Louisiana......just kidding....well, not really....maybe just a little.

haha thanks, I wasn't sure if I would ever move back to Louisiana but now that we're back we love it!

Wow, lots of fun and exciting things going on with WBI. Congrats on the news and the last dash trip. I like seats at ohana where you can see the grill. It builds excitement.

Yes lots of good things

Congrats on your new son. Enjoying your report

TCD I don't think I have ever seen you post this late at night ever. Are you ok?

Thank you I have more to come.

I was thinking the same thing about TCD.

Congrats on your baby boy!

Looking forward to more of your Poly TR.

Youre off to a great start!

Thank you I'm about to get it going again.

Congratulations! I have an 11 month old boy. Time flies once they get here. Last year at this time I was miserable and now my sweet baby is 1 month away from being a year old. He is climbing everything and into everything all day long. :)

We got a seat near the window at Ohanas but we were there for character breakfast. My big kids love Lilo and Stitch so I don't even remember looking out it. We were too focused on characters.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thank you!

I keep hearing that about the time flying by.  I fully expect our boy to be a climber and into things so I'll be right there with you in no time.

Congratulations on expecting your first child!

Great start to your TR.  So happy you were able to get your camera back.

Thank you!

Yes I was really surprised we got the camera back so easily.

Congrats on the new stuff, but mostly for the baby. :D

Thank you!  I agree the baby is the biggest change so far!

More comments:

It was good to be WBI before and even better now, congratulations Nick.

Did you really have to include photos of that poor excuse for entertainment?

We missed you at 'Ohana by one day. We were there the night after you arrived.

BTW, as engineers, we like to be precise. There are no apostrophes in 'Ohana. It does have an okina though, which looks like an inverted, backwards, apostrophe.

Hey Lou! 

Thank you, I have been pretty lucky in my life!  No real complaints!

haha I thought you'd like the EWP.

Man I'm sorry I didn't call you while we were there we could of met up but we were running around a lot.

Thanks for the update on the okina, I can honestly say I've never heard of that word before lol.  It's always good to learn in a trip report.

Congrats, as others say, time flies.

Thank you!!!

Congrats on the baby news!

Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you I should have some more coming soon!

I'm fine, thanks for asking.  I was waiting up for Twin #1 to get home, and with the All Star Game break, there was nothing to watch on TV.  So, I was browsing FF.net.  I had to break policy so I could get on page one.

As long as I'm posting, here's an apostrophe (or okina) comparison for those interested:

Nick's photo:

DSC09124.jpg

A photo I took in February:

RoyalFamily5K2013312_zps90f80fdc.jpg

If this doesn't prove that Disney has moles reading FF.net, I don't know what else would.

BTW- Nick- did you actually get the two dipping sauces they listed- peanut and sweet and sour?  When we last went, they were only passing out the peanut sauce, and people were ticked about that.  I personally don't care- as I think the meat is seasoned fine, but the 'Ohana groupies were outraged.

TCDs

Good to know TCD.

I thought those signs were different and fixed. 

Maybe Disney really does listen to the masses...well sometimes anyway.

As Lou already answered, yes we had both sauces again.  I think I tasted both of them but I agree the meat and noodles taste fine to me without them.

Don't know about Nick, but I was there the night after he was and they did serve both.

Yup same with us both sauces.

second page but in

Awesome, thanks for reading.

yup-i'm in.  great tr so far.  upgraded flight-very cool!  congrats on the baby and can't wait to read--well see more pics!  lol

Thank you, I've lucked out on those flights once before, sometimes its worth $50 for an upgrade.

More pics are on the way.

Right in this photo there is yet more proof of inconsistencies and confusion.  They seem to have concluded that the tickmark goes before the O...but now they don't know whether it is an apostrophe or an okina.  Whatever an okina is. 

How long have you been waiting to throw that into the conversation?

Actually TCD and I PMd a while back regarding Disney not knowing when to use apostrophes. The various 'Ohana spellings were his example of that. Turns out, it's not an apostrophe.

Since the apostrophes and okinas have become such a good hijack I'll let those comments go on, I don't have anything more to say about them anyway.

WBI

Ok I think these are the last of the comments.

I think you're right.

There is a symbol that looks like an okina to the left of the 1 on my computer keyboard.

Here's what it looks like `Ohana.

As opposed the apostrophe key, which looks like 'Ohana.

I'm not sure if that key on my keyboard is an okina, though.

I don't really care that much- Disney just needs to pick one way to spell the stupid word and go with it.

Or change the name of the restaurant.

TCD

That symbol is called a "back quote".

A back quote? When would anyone use that? Is there a way to type an okina?

How about the squiggly line above it- what's that called?

TCD

A tilde.

Yes there is, but for the amount of times you're going to use it, never, it's not worth the effort to learn it.

using the tilde with command keys creates a non breaking hyphen in Word :)

Now, why do you know that?

TCD

p.s.  this is a pretty impressive hijack for poor WBI.

I have to say, we've had some minor punctuation hijacks in the past, but none as extensive as this one! 

He started it by posting and commenting on the 'Ohana signs.

Lou's right- Nick hijacked his own report.

Lou- I think you used an apostrophe instead of an okina.

Get with the program.

TCD

Wow great hijack ya'll and yes I did ask for it so no worries, I'm afraid because of work this report will be open to hijacks pretty much every day.

Funny how much trouble punctuation is.

WBI

Ok time for another update.

It’s now Wednesday morning our first full day.

We were up early as usual.

Here we are waiting for the monorail at the Poly.

DSC09133.jpg

Not sure if you can read her shirt but it says, “Pregnant with a lil prince”

Random fountain outside of the Poly, we really liked all the décor and theming, they really immerse you in the Polynesian atmosphere.
DSC09135.jpg

Before long we were at Magic Kingdom

DSC09137.jpg

Oh I should mention about our tickets.

Having to buy out of state tickets is not cheap! Lol I know most of you know that already but we were not used to that.

I actually used the Mousavers newsletter link and bought our tickets through Undercover Tourist.

It worked out great; we bought a four day park hopper and got a fifth day free. Oh and we bought before the price increase.

They mailed us our tickets and then at check-in at our resort we had the concierge add them to our room key so we could use the new RFID readers at the park entrances.

It all worked out really well.

DSC09139.jpg

DSC09140.jpg

DSC09142.jpg

DSC09143.jpg

As you can see quite a few people had the same idea as us to get there early.

DSC09144.jpg

DSC09145.jpg

DSC09146.jpg

DSC09147.jpg

DSC09148.jpg

DSC09149.jpg

A huge difference is that we can’t ride any of the big thrill rides so instead of running to space mountain for fast passes we walked back to the new Fantasy Land.

We decided to try Belle’s Storybook first and we ended up being in the first group of the day.

DSC09150.jpg

DSC09151.jpg
I was picked to be a guard.

DSC09152.jpg

DSC09153.jpg

DSC09155.jpg

DSC09156.jpg

Our Belle was really good!

DSC09157.jpg

DSC09158.jpg

Belle actually came over and whispered to me to keep marching when I stopped, it was pretty funny.

DSC09159.jpg

DSC09160.jpg

DSC09161.jpg

Next we decided to head to Under the Sea:
DSC09162.jpg

DSC09163.jpg

We walked right on.

DSC09164.jpg

DSC09165.jpg

DSC09166.jpg

Our thoughts: We liked it; it was nicely done and very detailed. BUT I feel like they could have made it a little better, especially since they have experience with Finding Nemo ride.

The themeing throughout the new Fantasy Land though is great!
DSC09167.jpg

I think that's 30 pictures so I'll end it right here.

WBI

I’m going to squeeze in one more post tonight to get through some more Magic Kingdom pictures.

Here we are still in New Fantasy Land
DSC09168.jpg

We’re still in the new Fantasy Land taking in all the details; this is after all our first time to see it in person.
DSC09169.jpg

DSC09171.jpg(dorky)

Our normal tradition is to get a cinnamon roll and croissant sandwich but since corporate America is now on Main Street USA, we had to settle on going to Gaston’s Tavern instead.

DSC09172.jpg

DSC09175.jpg

Here’s our breakfast:

DSC09176.jpg

You know what?

It looks a lot better than it tasted.

It wasn’t too warm and you could tell it was pre-made and left over night or something.

Was it bad?

No, but it wasn’t the same.

I did really like the décor though.

DSC09177.jpg

DSC09178.jpg

DSC09179.jpg
DSC09180.jpg

Next up we hit some rides.

It’s a Small World was down so I was lucky and postponed that one.

We walked on Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Then headed to Jungle Cruise.

DSC09181.jpg

DSC09182.jpg

DSC09183.jpg(In the end he got the point)

The backside of water:

DSC09184.jpg

DSC09185.jpg
x
DSC09186.jpg

Somewhere in here I wanted a little snack so I stopped in Casey’s for some corn dog bites, those things were great!

Next we headed over to Tomorrow Land to ride Buzz but it had a 20 minute wait, so instead we grabbed fast passes and walked straight in to the Monster Inc Laugh Floor.

DSC09187.jpg

DSC09188.jpg

DSC09189.jpg

Man we look serious.

DSC09191.jpg

By now it was a little after 11am, we weren’t quite hungry but we wanted to try Be Our Guest before the line got too long.

We tried getting reservations for the last few months with no luck; we even continued trying up to the day before but oh well.

By the time we walked over the line was about half way across the bridge so we joined.

DSC09192.jpg

As everyone has said the details are amazing.

By the way they were handing out umbrellas today, and we got one, it was really helped with the sun.

DSC09193.jpg

DSC09194.jpg

DSC09195.jpg

The suits of armor were much louder than I expected.

DSC09196.jpg

It didn’t take us long to get in the building but the ordering process was very slow. We got put at the same cashier as a very large family that had no clue what they wanted and they allowed each person to order individually, even the children.

We had bad luck but all in all I feel like that area of the line could be improved.

The food however was very good; we split the onion soup and the turkey baguette.

I should add that our plan this trip was to eat all the good things we could, we had a ton of items we wanted to eat so to accomplish this we pretty much shared meals and snacks the entire trip. It kept us from wasting food and money.

DSC09198.jpg

DSC09199.jpg

DSC09200.jpg

DSC09201.jpg

DSC09202.jpg

Man I can't believe that's the max pictures already.

More to come.

WBI

Looks like a nice MK day so far.  I also love the theming of New Fantasyland.  They did a very nice job.  And isn't BOG a gorgeous restaurant?

It's interesting to hear your review of the cinnamon roll at Gaston's.  I have yet to hear anyone say they are as good as the old MSB ones.  I'd go on another rant about Starbucks and the loss of the old cinnamon rolls, but I only do it to get on Lou's nerves and he doesn't read trip reports, so I'll save my time and move on. 

Great updates!

My comments:

1.  CP looks great at 20 weeks.  I hope that she continues to do well with her pregnancy.  My unsolicited advice to both of you- get as much sleep now as you can.  I'm not kidding about this.

2.  Good job on making it to rope drop.

3.  I am envious of that beautiful blue sky you had to greet you.  I was at the MK just two days before, and endured a deluge and Rainy Day Cavalcade, among other indignities. 

4.  Nice work on serving as Belle's guard.  This is the duty of all Fiend men.  Well done.

5.  Glad to hear you didn't hate the Little Mermaid ride. 

6.  Sorry for your cinnamon roll experience.  But that's apparently the way things will be from now on.  Thank you Starbucks.

7.  Glad you got to try Be Our Guest.

8.  Great photos!

9.  Based on the fact that you didn't mention it, I assume that you were not chosen to be "That Guy" at the Laugh Floor.  Give it time.  In about 10 years, it will be perfect.  WBI, Jr. will be 10.  Lil' CP will be 8 maybe.  Perfect time for the old man to embarrass them.

10.  Looking forward to the rest when you have time to post it.

11.  No pressure.

TCD

Great TR so far!!!  Congrats on the baby news!  Funny, I had a similar shirt to CP when I was pregnant.  But it said "Pregnant - not fat"   I thought it was hilarious.  Tell CP she looks awesome! 

I have always wanted to stay at the Poly as well - thanks for the pics! 

The new Fantasyland looks awesome!  I kinda flew through those pics because I don't want to see too much before we go next summer.  Part of my new "not overplanning" thing that I have going...

Have you thought of any baby names yet?