WBI’s DisneyWorld Babymoon

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree.  You and CP look nothing like Sand People.     Congrats on the new career opportunity! I wish you all the best!

Looks like a nice MK day so far.  I also love the theming of New Fantasyland.  They did a very nice job.  And isn't BOG a gorgeous restaurant?

It's interesting to hear your review of the cinnamon roll at Gaston's.  I have yet to hear anyone say they are as good as the old MSB ones.  I'd go on another rant about Starbucks and the loss of the old cinnamon rolls, but I only do it to get on Lou's nerves and he doesn't read trip reports, so I'll save my time and move on. 

It was a great MK morning!

Yes BOG was a gorgeous restaurant!  One thing I didn't mention, I was surprised about the drink stations, I really like that your able to make your own drinks and get refills, but I was surprised that they had the cups out there also.  How long before everyone starts getting free drinks from there?  I guess if they keep regulating the people that enter it won't be so bad, but I have a feeling people will start to take advantage of that.

As far as the cinnamon rolls, I agree I could rant all day about Starbucks but what good will it do.  Funny thing is we miss more than just the cinnamon rolls, we used to like the breakfast croissants and the ice cream cookie sandwiches.  You can get the ice cream sandwich other places but that was the only one we found that let you choose different types of cookies. 

I wonder how long the Starbucks contract is?

:yay:  Congratulations to you and the Camping Princess!!!!!  She looks as beautiful as ever. I'm looking forward to hearing all about the Babymoon!

Thank you KFK!  I'll be sure and pass the word on to CP!

We share our meals and snacks while at the parks also. It lets you try more stuff.

Yeah that's the best way to try everything.

Great update!

Thanks!

Thanks goodness. The little tyke, soon to arrive, should have the right to decide about having that song playing on an infinite loop in the brain. ;)

haha I agree!

But sadly CP does drag me on there later in this trip.

Great updates!

My comments:

1.  CP looks great at 20 weeks.  I hope that she continues to do well with her pregnancy.  My unsolicited advice to both of you- get as much sleep now as you can.  I'm not kidding about this.

2.  Good job on making it to rope drop.

3.  I am envious of that beautiful blue sky you had to greet you.  I was at the MK just two days before, and endured a deluge and Rainy Day Cavalcade, among other indignities. 

4.  Nice work on serving as Belle's guard.  This is the duty of all Fiend men.  Well done.

5.  Glad to hear you didn't hate the Little Mermaid ride. 

6.  Sorry for your cinnamon roll experience.  But that's apparently the way things will be from now on.  Thank you Starbucks.

7.  Glad you got to try Be Our Guest.

8.  Great photos!

9.  Based on the fact that you didn't mention it, I assume that you were not chosen to be "That Guy" at the Laugh Floor.  Give it time.  In about 10 years, it will be perfect.  WBI, Jr. will be 10.  Lil' CP will be 8 maybe.  Perfect time for the old man to embarrass them.

10.  Looking forward to the rest when you have time to post it.

11.  No pressure.

TCD

Great list!

1. Thank you I'll be sure and let her know.  We really are trying to take advantage of the quiet time now, thanks for the advice.

2. Thanks we had to take advantage of early mornings this trip to fight crowds and CP can't do late nights right no sw.

3. I saw your report and the rainy skies.  We had a lot of rain on this trip, pretty much every afternoon plus some extra.

4. Thanks glad I could continue the tradition.

5. It wasn't too bad, we rode it one more time later in the trip.

6.  Dang Starbucks

7. I really liked the BOG turkey sandwich

8. I try.

9. Nope I've never been "That Guy"  I'll let you know how it goes in 10 years.

10. I've got a weekend post coming up.

11. Thanks for the no pressure.  I've got another excuse for some more delays I'll get to in a minute.

Score!

Oh yeah! But as I said I got dragged in later on.

Great TR so far!!!  Congrats on the baby news!  Funny, I had a similar shirt to CP when I was pregnant.  But it said "Pregnant - not fat"   I thought it was hilarious.  Tell CP she looks awesome! 

I have always wanted to stay at the Poly as well - thanks for the pics! 

The new Fantasyland looks awesome!  I kinda flew through those pics because I don't want to see too much before we go next summer.  Part of my new "not overplanning" thing that I have going...

Have you thought of any baby names yet? 

Thank you!

Haha that's a funny shirt, I saw quite a few good one I might get her.  One I really liked said something about how being pregnant isn't an invitation to touch my stomach.

We were the same way with the Poly, and I have to say we really loved it.

I don't blame you about the new Fantasyland pictures, keep it as much of a surprise as possible.

CP has a name she really likes, I'm not committed to it yet but we'll see.  We're trying to keep the name a surprise though.

Congrats on the baby! And thank you for the trip report & great pictures!

Thank you and thanks for reading!

I'm getting ready for another post.

WBI

Alright it’s time for a weekend update.

But first a little personal update, on Friday I put in my two weeks notice. A couple weeks ago I was offered a new and I’m hoping it’s a great career move, but only time will tell.  So if my updates are a little delayed now you know why.

With that disclaimer out of the way on with the report.

It’s still Wednesday our first full day and we just finished lunch at Be Our Guest.

DSC09203.jpg

DSC09204.jpg

I think TCD posted a similar picture as this, but check out the bird on the castle really throwing off the forced perspective.

DSC09205.jpg

DSC09206.jpg

Now we’re heading over to Storybook Circus.

We toured around but didn’t really do anything, as we were leaving we saw the band.

DSC09209.jpg
I was just going to walk on by them, but the CP reminded me that when do you ever see a band like this just walking by you. So we stopped and enjoyed them for a few minutes.

Back on Main Street we ran into this and CP snapped a bunch of pictures:

DSC09210.jpg

DSC09211.jpg

DSC09212.jpg

DSC09213.jpg

DSC09214.jpg

DSC09215.jpg

DSC09216.jpg
DSC09217.jpg

DSC09218.jpg

DSC09219.jpg

DSC09220.jpg
I’m not a big of this show/parade/dance thing but CP likes it.

DSC09221.jpg

DSC09222.jpg

After they passed we hit the Mickey’s Emporium to pick up a few souvenirs.

I had learned right here on FF that they were giving coupons on your receipt from certain restaurants and those coupons were only good at select stores before 1pm. My Casey’s purchase got us one of those coupons.

Well since we were heading back to the resort and it was before 1pm we decided to get a few things with our 20% off coupon.

I must say that those coupons were genius on Disney’s part and it really helped us out too.

I saw this Toddler Tether for sale while waiting in line.

DSC09223.jpg
Wasn’t there a trip report, where the two girls from Texas gave those a name, I’m pretty sure they called them KOL (kid on leash). I thought that was funny and seeing this made me think of it.

No offense if you use a toddler tether, I’m not judging because if my son is anything like my wife I’m going to need a toddler-tether, or maybe something stronger like a baby bungee or little-one-lasso or child-chain...something like that.

Ok back on track, we hopped on the monorail and were at our resort in now time.

Our building:

DSC09226.jpg

Trash can:

DSC09227.jpg

We decided to hit the pool, here’s a sign on the way there:

DSC09228.jpg

And the Volcano Pool

DSC09229.jpg

DSC09230.jpg

The pool is really nice, but one thing we didn’t like was that all the lounge chairs were in the sand.
We are not sand people, but I can see where a lot of would tourist love this.

DSC09231.jpg

Hey look it’s the new Grand Floridian DVC (those girls kind of look naked, you’re welcome, I mean whoops)

DSC09232.jpg

Looking towards Magic Kingdom you can see we had a threat of rain.

That was pretty much the story all week, typical Florida summer weather, nothing new.

DSC09233.jpg

DSC09234.jpg

How do you like those Disney Outlet store Mickey flip flops???

No bad huh, we only where them on vacation.

After putting sun block on my white self we laid around for about 10 minutes, then got bored so we hopped in the pool and I tried the slide.

The slide was great!

On the way up the stairs some kids ran by me, I said hey you aren’t supposed to run.

Shockingly one apologized to me and asked if I would like in front of them, I joked with them and said it was ok.

Then one of them proceeded to spit off the top into the pool, real nice.

Then he asked if I would push him down the slide, lol I'm not kidding.

So being the nice guy I am, I did what he asked and kicked him in the back to speed up his take off.

Anyway by the time I made it down the slide it started storming bad!

We gathered our stuff to get it out the rain and I found that someone took my shirt. What the fort?

I figured it blew away but we still joked about someone stealing it.  Would you know that while standing under an umbrella deciding what to do I spotted my shirt on a lady’s table?

I asked if I could have it back and she laughed and gave me it to me, she had picked it up off the beach.  We ran into her and her family at the pool almost every day and we continued to joke that she tried to steal my shirt.

After that we headed back to the room for our first afternoon nap of the trip.

We have to rest up to fight the hub crowds in Magic Kingdom for the Fourth of July fireworks.

WBI

Nice naked girl photos, whoops my butt.  LOL

I know a lot of Fiends don't like that parade, but I don't know why.  We caught the tail end of it once and it was okay to me.  I wouldn't mind seeing the whole thing.

KOL, my eldest son was my shadow.  Never knew the KOL existed until we saw someone with one at the mall.  I laughed and thought how sad they can't keep track of their kid, they need a leash.  Then my second son came along.  We got that kid the harness one because he would just take off the arm one and run.  The harness closes in the back.  No getting out that one Houdini. 

Great update, WBI!!  Some funny stuff in there. 

Whoops my arse.  LOL. 

Also, the kicking the kid down the slide....I can picture that.  After spitting in the pool I'd have been tempted to just throw him off the volcano into the pool. 

I'm not a huge fan of the Move It Shake It parade, but Anna likes it so I've stood and watched it.  That guy with the microphone gets on my nerves though. 

I know a lot of Fiends don't like that parade, but I don't know why.  We caught the tail end of it once and it was okay to me.  I wouldn't mind seeing the whole thing.

KOL, my eldest son was my shadow.  Never knew the KOL existed until we saw someone with one at the mall.  I laughed and thought how sad they can't keep track of their kid, they need a leash.  Then my second son came along.  We got that kid the harness one because he would just take off the arm one and run.  The harness closes in the back.  No getting out that one Houdini. 

The harness might be a necessity for Anna if we ever leave the house again. 

Yay!  An update!

The pool are at the Poly looks awesome.  We are planning to do the WL next summer - have you stayed there before?

Love the pic of the kid leash.  My DD wore one often when she was 2ish.  Especially places like WDW, airports, etc. where I needed to concentrate on something other than where she was dashing off to.  I always say that was before she spoke English :rofl2:

Good job giving that kid a good kick.  Must not have been real bright.  "Hey, I'm gonna be a real punk and then ask this guy to hit me"

I love that street party/parade thingy.  We never watch the whole thing, but I love how we can just be walking from one place to another and it is a good reason to stop and take a break for a minute. 

Good luck with your new job!!  That is always exciting/scary.

Yay!  An update!

The pool are at the Poly looks awesome.  We are planning to do the WL next summer - have you stayed there before?

I have stayed at Wilderness Lodge back in 1999 and more recently in the Villas.  The pool is very nice and the rooms are beautiful.

jon

Thanks they just happen to be in the picture.

CP really likes that parade, because it really pumps you up when your feeling exhausted, so you should check it out.

That's what I'm thinking I'm going to need, evidently my wife was a wild a child.

Great update, WBI!!  Some funny stuff in there. 

Whoops my arse.  LOL. 

Also, the kicking the kid down the slide....I can picture that.  After spitting in the pool I'd have been tempted to just throw him off the volcano into the pool. 

I'm not a huge fan of the Move It Shake It parade, but Anna likes it so I've stood and watched it.  That guy with the microphone gets on my nerves though. 

The harness might be a necessity for Anna if we ever leave the house again. 

haha thanks!

I hear ya about the KOL harness, sometimes they are a necessity for safety reasons.

sandpeople.jpg

I agree.  You and CP look nothing like Sand People.

Congrats on the new career opportunity! I wish you all the best!

lol good one KFK!

Thank you I'm looking forward to the change.

:rofl2:  at KFK. 

Yay!  An update!

Love the pic of the kid leash.  My DD wore one often when she was 2ish.  Especially places like WDW, airports, etc. where I needed to concentrate on something other than where she was dashing off to.  I always say that was before she spoke English :rofl2:

Good job giving that kid a good kick.  Must not have been real bright.  "Hey, I'm gonna be a real punk and then ask this guy to hit me"

I love that street party/parade thingy.  We never watch the whole thing, but I love how we can just be walking from one place to another and it is a good reason to stop and take a break for a minute. 

Good luck with your new job!!  That is always exciting/scary.

The Poly is awesome!

We have stayed at the WL once, but it was only for one night back in July 2011.  We really liked it though and honestly it would be my first choice for a MK resort.  I like how its much cheaper than the other Deluxe resorts.  Plus we really like the décor, the restaurants, and just the overall resort.

So another person voting in favor of the Move it Shake Parade.

Thanks it is exciting and scary!

Almost forgot -

love the sand people pic KFK :rofl3:

I'm late, but I'm here. 

SOO excited for you both!! Trust me, Disney World gets WAY more fun after you have kids! 

Thanks we are really looking forward to going with kids, I can't wait to see it through their eyes!

Congrats on the new job!

I agree about the chairs at the Poly pool, even though I am a sand person. The ones at the quiet pool are on concrete though.

I don't know why people hate that parade either. Kids love it.

I have stayed at Wilderness Lodge back in 1999 and more recently in the Villas.  The pool is very nice and the rooms are beautiful.

jon

I agree!

Congratulations on the new job.  I hope it works out well for you!

I'm thinking we're gonna need to buy one or two of those kid leashes in November ... at least one for Red.

Thank you!

Good luck with the KOL!  :)

Ok I'm going to try and get another post up.

WBI

Time for more report.

It’s now Wednesday afternoon, after our nap and freshening up we walked over to the TTC and caught the Epcot monorail.

We didn’t break down or have to evacuate down a rope and soon enough we were pulling into Epcot:

DSC09237.jpg

It was pretty crowded when we got there but we didn’t really care our plan was to grab some food and relax nothing crazy, so we walked straight to the World Showcase and to one of our favorite places the Rose and Crown.

It was pretty crowded but we made our way to the bar and I ordered a Snakebite and an order of fish and chips.

Now we’ve ordered fish and chips in there before, but usually after sitting there for a while having drinks. Today we should have walked outside and bought them at the food stand it would have saved us a few dollars but we didn’t think about that until after we ordered. Oh well we’re on vacation and we got to eat in the A/C this way.

We got our food really fast but we were shocked by the size of the fish, here it is:
DSC09238.jpg
We would of said something but the girl dropped it off and disappeared before we could even think. Oh well.

Pretty soon one of the reasons we like the Rose and Crown so much walked in. The Hat Lady! We were stuck off to the side and she didn’t see us but we saw her visit with everyone and make her way to the piano so we eventually walked over to get a better view.

Pretty soon she was playing and singing and in her first song she gave us a shout out. She told some newlyweds how we had been there to celebrate our engagement, our wedding, and now our first baby!

She was great! We listened to her until she took her first break.
DSC09240.jpg

We toured around some more and hit up the new bakery in France, we both tried a pastry and they were good.

Then we headed to the front to hop a monorail to Magic Kingdom, cause that’s how we roll, we park hop.
DSC09241.jpg

Once again no problems on the monorail, we were at the TTC in no time, but at the TTC the express monorail to MK was down, so we walked over to our hotel and grabbed our umbrellas and then took the monorail to MK.

By the time we got to MK it was raining pretty good, we used our umbrellas and walked around a bit.

I think this is when we road It’s a Small World and I’ve blocked this period of my life out of my memories. I will say this we were really delayed on Small World; we were stuck inside for quite a long time, pretty much torture!

We didn’t do much else, but we did get an ice cream cookie sandwich from Sleepy Hollow. Then it was raining pretty good while we were looking for a place to watch the fireworks so we cut through Casey’s in to the Emporium. There were tons of people escaping the rain in there.

CP found this strange empty corner, she thought this was funny:
DSC09243.jpg

When the rain slowed we staked out a spot in the hub for the fireworks.

Here’s my busted umbrella:
DSC09244.jpg

And CP’s good Disney one:
DSC09245.jpg

I think we got out there about an hour early, trying to hold our ground Here’s our view:
DSC09246.jpg

As usual we started with tons of space and then got invaded by people that don’t understand personal space.
DSC09247.jpg

DSC09249.jpg

I think I usually do better when I don’t stake out a spot for the fireworks, I get better spots when I walk up at the last minute. We still ended up with a good spot this time and we didn’t get too wet.

DSC09251.jpg

DSC09253.jpg

DSC09256.jpg

DSC09258.jpg

After the amazing 360 fireworks we headed to Frontierland to watch the parade from one of the porches so we could sit down.

It started raining just as the parade got to us.

DSC09261.jpgTink looks pretty happy considering it was pouring rain on her.

DSC09263.jpg

DSC09266.jpg

I took this Pete picture just for FortFiends, I don’t know why; I guess TCD talks about him a lot. I don’t think he was talking tonight.

DSC09268.jpg

After the parade we had enough rain so we headed out.

When we got back to the Poly we wanted a snack so we hit up Captain Cooks, since it was late they had a very limited menu so we got a flatbread pizza and took it to our room, it was pretty good.

And that’s it for our first full day at the World.

In my next post we do early non-rope drop at Hollywood Studios.

WBI

Bonus night post.

It’s now Thursday July 4th!

Happy Independence Day!

We woke up real early to make it to Hollywood Studios pre-rope drop.

I took these while waiting on CP.
DSC09272.jpg

We hopped a bus, and made it here to the front gate around 7:30am, extra magic hours were supposed to open at 8am. Look at the crowds already in line:

DSC09273.jpg

DSC09274.jpg

The lines steadily grew behind us.
DSC09275.jpg

I of course chose a slow line but eventually we were through the turnstiles and in the park a before 8am.

We walked straight to Toy Story Mania, there was no rope.

CP hopped in line and I grabbed fast passes.

DSC09277.jpg

DSC09278.jpg

DSC09279.jpg

After TSM, we didn’t have much else we HAD to do so we went for breakfast at the Writer’s Stop, this has become a bit of a tradition for us. Today we were the first customers of the day so it was nice and quiet. I had an apple Danish, it was very good and CP had a carrot cake muffin I think, but don’t quote me on that.

Then we explored the streets of America:.

Catching the subway:

DSC09281.jpg

DSC09282.jpg

I lost our San Francisco pics…

We checked out Mama Melrose’s

DSC09285.jpg

DSC09286.jpg

Then we did the Muppet’s 3D show.

DSC09288.jpg

Back outside:
DSC09290.jpg

DSC09292.jpg

Then it was time for TSM fastpasses:
DSC09296.jpg

Then stopped in the Walt Disney walk through.
Pictures of the mine train model.
DSC09297.jpg

So far it looks just like the model
DSC09298.jpg

Then based on recommendations from TCD we did something we’ve never done:
DSC09299.jpg

DSC09300.jpg

We drew Rapunzel:
DSC09301.jpg
CP’s doesn’t look bad in this picture but at the time we both thought it was pretty rough. The guy next to us drew better than the teacher. That made us feel really great…

Notice I didn’t post a picture of my drawing. I’m an engineer, I draw straight lines only, I am not an artist, mine was horrible and not having an eraser is not fair. Honestly mine would have been better if I could erase some.

I hate to say it but we didn’t care for the Animation Academy, we didn’t like how it reminded us that we couldn’t draw lol.

As we were leaving through the gift shop CP realized that she left her sunglasses in the class, so once again she panicked and we ran back. I snuck back in through the exit door, while she tried talking to someone. The cast member told her she had to wait until they opened the doors for the next class. Meanwhile I had already grabbed them right where she left them.

This trip I wanted to try one of those sausage roll things so on our way to Indian Jones we stopped by the Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner. But then we found those new cone things, CP said she’d eat one with me so we tried one of those instead, it was a chicken salad one:

DSC09302.jpg
It was a bit odd but not too bad, and based on a tip I saw on FF I asked for no chips and saved me a couple dollars.

Next we walked right into Indian Jones; we had never seen this show together. I’m a huge Dr. Henry Indian Jones Jr. fan, CP on the other hand isn’t in to movies the way I am but she still allows me to watch them and get excited about Indian Jones and other classic movies.
DSC09303.jpg

DSC09305.jpg

DSC09306.jpg

We talked about going to the Lights Motor Action show but its times never work out for us, we didn’t feel like staying all afternoon.

DSC09307.jpg

DSC09308.jpg

DSC09309.jpg
Instead we wondered around and got a Carrot Cake cookie, we couldn’t finish it but we took it back to the hotel.

DSC09310.jpg

DSC09311.jpg

We hopped a bus and were back at the poly in no time.

Once back at the Poly we went to the quiet pool, did lots of relaxing, at some point we hit Captain Cooke’s and split a pulled port sandwich, it was really good, then we took our afternoon nap.

Next up, our Fourth of July at Epcot including dinner at LeCeller!

WBI

Ok, as usual I am going to comment on the food. 

That fish and chips would have ticked me off.  It's tiny!  What were they thinking?  I wonder if you were just unlucky, or are they skimping on them all now?

That cone sandwich honestly looks a bit nasty to me.  When I first saw them online I thought maybe the meatball one looked edible, but the rest don't look like something I would enjoy.  Would you get it again?

Finally....3 words.  Carrot.  Cake.  Cookie. 

Poor CP is suffering pregnancy brain, and it's only going to get worse so be prepared!

I think CP's Rapunzel looks great! We have yet to do Animation Academy. Some day we will.

I'm with Dave, meat cones :barf: what is on top of the chicken salad? Bacon bits?

The lights motor action or whatever it's called always seems to be at crummy times. We finally saw it this last trip. Someone DH and I got sperated and I ended up carrying DS up The steps. He was about 40 lbs at the time and I seriously thought I was going to die.

Great updates!

That is a very creepy photo of Pete.  But, that is one creepy little dude.

Thanks for taking one for the team and trying one of those meat cones.  I have that on my to do list, but it isn't a priority.  Good to hear that the chip trick still works.

I didn't know that the Monster's University topiary was moved from Epcot to outside of DHS.  Now I do.

I'm glad that you tried the Animation class, but I have to deduct major points from your grade on this TR for not including a photo of your drawing.  Fail.  I hope you try it again.  I saw who the teacher was in one of your photos, and I don't recognize him.  There are a few CM's who have been there for a while, and who do a great job leading the class.  It does make a difference who the CM is.

Thanks for including the photos of the big model of New Fantasyland.  I have studied that thing often, and it is amazing how accurate it is. 

Looking forward to the next update.

TCD

Cute pictures!  Looks like you guys are having a great time!

I :heart:  Dr. Jones, too.

I have seen those odd cup/sandwich thingies as well.  The only one I thought I might try is the meatball one in the cone that was like a big corn chip I think.  And what's up with that teeny tiny fish?! 

The Monsters University display looks cool!  Like!

How did CP do with all the walking around?  Did she get tired more quickly than usual?  I know you guys probably missed getting to ride certain things.  We went to Boston when I was a good 6 months pregnant and I remember I was worried about it before we left, but it was really fine.  I did have to take more breaks than usual, though.  And that was the first time in my pregnancy that I REALLY missed being able to have a drink. 

I'm gonna agree the Pete's Dragon dude is creepier than anything I've ever seen at Disney. 

I would've said something about the Fish N Chips. I told a waitress recently who disappeared that if she wanted a TIP she better not go away again like she's done with us.

My daughter and I like the animation academy. I'm not a good artist at all but it's fun and there is a guy who leads it that I enjoy doing his class.

The hat lady is a blast. I like going to R and C for a couple Guiness' and listen to her. 

Great report and congrats on the baby, 

Continuing the fine tradition of Fiend guards.  Check

Getting a dig in against the SMB version of the cinnamon roll.  Check

Skipping IASW.  Check

Pointing out that Pete is TCD's all-time favorite character.  Check

Naked chicks and stolen T-shirts at the Volcano pool.  That place has changed a lot since I was there in February.