Aloha! GaDawgFan turns a convention into a week-long stay at the Poly

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s time to start my trip report, while I still remember what happened! Shortly after returning from our April trip, I started entertaining the idea of coming back to Disney for a conference that my

You're right...that was my fault.  Maybe it will become like Godwin's Law and Hitler references....we could have Aaron's Law, which states that bringing Weiner into the discussion is the ultimate hija

I am proud of you for allowing Z to pose with a Gator.     Twin #1 wanted to go to MK to meet Louis.  I can't remember why we couldn't go- but that Limited Time magic fell some time when we couldn't.

Yeah, I'm thinking your Mom cannot deny you are hers even if she wanted to do so.  I love the photo where you are wearing the same color shirt.  It is like twins with a few years difference.

Did someone stick those eyebrows on Mr. Aladdin?  I think Z could have taken him if he really wanted Jasmine.

The CD cost (all photos taken by regular photopass photographers) Pre order (14 days prior to vacation start) $119.95  Regular cost $169.95 No limit to how many photos you have on the CD. If you end up with 1000 photos, you get all 1000 photos (most likely on a couple of CDs). You have full rights to the photos. You can edit your photos prior to ordering CD and add borders and autographs (like in the photos above). If you buy the CD at the park in the view station, you cannot edit your photos prior to getting the CD.

Photopass+ cost (ALL photos taken (photopass photographers, ride photos, dining photos)) Pre order $149 (14 days prior to vacation start) Regular cost $199.95. No limit to how many photos you have on the CD. If you end up with 1000 photos, you get all 1000 photos (most likely on a couple of CDs). You have full rights to the photos. You can edit your photos prior to ordering CD and add borders and autographs (like in the photos above).

Attractions+ gives you all your ride photos and is $49.95. No photopass photos are included in this and no preorder is available. This is purchased at attraction merchandise locations, not photopass.

Individual prints run $12.95 for 5X7s (if you order 3 or more they are $10 apiece, so 4 will be $40) $14.95 for 4X6s (4X6s always come as doubles) and $16.95 for 8X10s. You can order online or in the view stations. Online they mail them to you, in the view, they print in about 1 min and you can walk out the door with them.

Also available online is a digital download of the photo. It is about $14.00 and you can download it directly to your computer.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers/wdwppp.htm

Great job summarizing all of that information!

I really wish they had deals like this on the DCL ships.  Those photos are way, way more expensive!

That Photopass CD is well worth the money.

TCD

You do look alike. 

And Ms White probably poisoned Z's mind regarding me.  I bet if I ever meet him he runs away now. 

You better meet him. I want Anna hugs!

You do look alike!  And no, I haven't ordered my PP+ yet.  Will do in a few weeks.

Do it!

Yeah, I'm thinking your Mom cannot deny you are hers even if she wanted to do so.  I love the photo where you are wearing the same color shirt.  It is like twins with a few years difference.

Did someone stick those eyebrows on Mr. Aladdin?  I think Z could have taken him if he really wanted Jasmine.

I'm just taller and not as skinny, but I'm working on that skinny part!

I really wish they had deals like this on the DCL ships.  Those photos are way, way more expensive!

TCD

That would be really nice. I bet they will have that eventually. And maybe people who do the land and sea could pay for an add-on.

Let's move on to Z's #1 love.

Photo0699FourBySix.jpg

Again, nervous....

Photo0703FourBySix.jpg

This is a cute one.

Photo0704FourBySix.jpg

Photo0706FourBySix.jpg

But Ariel wasn't done, she was chatting it up. ANd distracting him.

Photo0708FourBySix.jpg

So she could do this.

Photo0711FourBySix.jpg

Photo0712FourBySix.jpg

Of course I had to get a family shot with my future daughter-in-law.

Photo0720FourBySix.jpg

Z got a big hug goodbye.

Photo0721FourBySix.jpg

He played cool until we walked out. Then, he opened his autograph book, so I could press the kiss in it next to her autograph. And he started to hop around like an excited bunny.

Later that day, Z did the Pirate League. If you buy the Photopass CD and get the pictures from the PL, you get all the pictures on your disk, not just the one they print. Bonus!

Photo0723FourBySix.jpg

Photo0724FourBySix.jpg

Photo0726FourBySix.jpg

Photo0727FourBySix.jpg

Photo0728FourBySix.jpg

I love those pictures! That's all for now. My lunch break is over.

I think Z could have taken him if he really wanted Jasmine.

This reminds me of a story from work.

I was working with Rapunzel and a little boy, about 6 or 7, came in to meet the Princesses. He had a thing for Rapunzel and wanted marry her. He asked her and Rapunzel politely replied "I already have my prince, but if anything happens to Flynn, you will be next in line."

The little boys reply was "Can I borrow your frying pan."

Confused, Rapunzel asked why, to which the boy replied "So I can hit Flynn with it so I can marry you."

Theres a fine line between chivalry and assault......... 

TCD

There are plans to eventually move photopass to the ships, but its a huge project and will take some time to work out. They have run some experiments on a few of the ships, so its a definet it will happen. Just don't know when.

You better meet him. I want Anna hugs!

Do it!

I'm just taller and not as skinny, but I'm working on that skinny part!

That would be really nice. I bet they will have that eventually. And maybe people who do the land and sea could pay for an add-on.

It will happen.

DW and I have discussed when it does come online, we would do a contract and work aboard the ship as long as we both get the same ship. Ive done worse in time in the military, so Im sure a luxery cruise ship would be nothing to live on for a year.

Photo0708FourBySix.jpg

So she could do this.

Photo0711FourBySix.jpg

Later that day, Z did the Pirate League. If you buy the Photopass CD and get the pictures from the PL, you get all the pictures on your disk, not just the one they print. Bonus!

The photographer missed the most important part of that whole interaction. The actual kiss. Booo.......

Also, the BBB photos go on a photopass card as well (for anyone with little princesses rather than pirates), so if you get any of the packages listed above (CD or PP+), they will be on your CD as well.

On that same note, did everyone know there is an actual photography studio set up in the MK?

Its in the Princess store just behind the castle.

When ever a princess gets made up in the BBB, they can go over to the studio and have their pictures taken in a studio set up. They are put on a photopass card for you and you can buy prints right there in the studio or add them to your CD or PP+. Not many people know about it. There is also one in DTD in the guest relations area.

Hey, that Ariel is not wearing a body suit.  That there is real mermaid skin.

Love the hopping like a bunny comment.  They are good photos.

The body suit is used when its cold outside. For anyone who doesn't know, Ariels grotto is not climate controlled. So if its 30dg outside, its 30dg in the grotto. If its 100dg outside, its 100dg in the grotto.

He does the bunny hop when he gets excited about a pretty girl. It's funny.

I think you've said that Z has explained this, but I'm not sure that you've shared it.

When Z and Ariel get married, are they going to live under the sea of in the human world?

TCD

The wedding is going to take place under the sea. King Triton is going to use his magic so that Z can have a tail for the wedding. Jason and I will be able to go, but we will not have tails. I don't think they've decided where their permanent residence will be. And I'm not sure how he's going to explain his girlfriend Rapunzel. He says he can marry them both. Maybe they'll be moving to Utah.

I was working with Rapunzel and a little boy, about 6 or 7, came in to meet the Princesses. He had a thing for Rapunzel and wanted marry her. He asked her and Rapunzel politely replied "I already have my prince, but if anything happens to Flynn, you will be next in line."

Confused, Rapunzel asked why, to which the boy replied "So I can hit Flynn with it so I can marry you."

LOL! That is a great story. You have a fun job.

The body suit is used when its cold outside. For anyone who doesn't know, Ariels grotto is not climate controlled. So if its 30dg outside, its 30dg in the grotto. If its 100dg outside, its 100dg in the grotto.

I didn't know that. That must SMB for the photographer.

The wedding is going to take place under the sea. King Triton is going to use his magic so that Z can have a tail for the wedding. Jason and I will be able to go, but we will not have tails. I don't think they've decided where their permanent residence will be. And I'm not sure how he's going to explain his girlfriend Rapunzel. He says he can marry them both. Maybe they'll be moving to Utah.

That is a pretty impressive plan for a 4 year old to come up with! I wish Z luck. You have an underwater camera, right? I want to see photos.

TCD

LOL! That is a great story. You have a fun job.

I cant complain.......

I didn't know that. That must SMB for the photographer.

It sucks more for Ariel. We can put on coats or move around to find a breeze or warm up. She has no choice but to sit in the same spot wearing next to nothing.

TCD

Yeah, Z got some skin. LOL! I was actually surprised she was in the body suit in April. Maybe the mornings are cold.

There are plans to eventually move photopass to the ships, but its a huge project and will take some time to work out. They have run some experiments on a few of the ships, so its a definet it will happen. Just don't know when.

On that same note, did everyone know there is an actual photography studio set up in the MK?

Its in the Princess store just behind the castle.

When ever a princess gets made up in the BBB, they can go over to the studio and have their pictures taken in a studio set up. They are put on a photopass card for you and you can buy prints right there in the studio or add them to your CD or PP+. Not many people know about it. There is also one in DTD in the guest relations area.

You have my dream job. I did know about the studio at DTD but not the one in the MK.

That is a pretty impressive plan for a 4 year old to come up with! I wish Z luck. You have an underwater camera, right? I want to see photos.

TCD

I asked him on the way home tonight where they were going to live, and he said "near mommy and daddy." They are only going to have tails for the wedding. Gotta love imagination!

ROFL  Moving to Utah.

Right? ???

OK, Dave's comment about not getting the kiss got me thinking. I knew I'd seen a kiss picture. I've been getting weird errors where photobucket doesn't upload all the pics. Here's the kiss!

Photo0709FourBySix.jpg

Photo0710FourBySix.jpg

He didn't even see it coming!

Real fish skin and seashells.  Now that's what I'm talkin about. 

Oh Dave!

That so got an up arrow.

Don't encourage TCD!

I know.  Sorry.  But at least Z is not smiling, so his Dawg cred is intact.

TCD

Sadly, no one in the Bulldog Nation is smiling today. 

Caught up.

Love all the PP pics!

Maybe he can play for the Utes instead of the Dawgs?

You might be on to something there! 

Let's meet some princesses. Now, the truth is that we only attend this meet and greet for Rapunzel, but Z likes the others enough. 

He was freaked out that they changed the order of the ladies. Can you tell he's nervous to meet Rapunzel? He's playing with the elastic in his pants. Luckily, she was the same girl from last time. 

Photo0811FourBySix.jpg

Photo0812FourBySix.jpg

Photo0814FourBySix.jpg

Photo0817FourBySix.jpg

Photo0820FourBySix.jpg

Family photo

Photo0821FourBySix.jpg

Photo0823FourBySix.jpg

Next was Sleeping Beauty. Photobucket wouldn't load all her pics. 

Photo0825FourBySix.jpg

Photo0827FourBySix.jpg

Next up was Cinderella. Z was upset because she didn't look the same as last time. I told her she was wearing less make-up. She totally cracked him up by commenting on his light-up shoes and asking if he'd trade. She said some other funny stuff too. Great interaction!!!!

Photo0830FourBySix.jpg

Photo0831FourBySix.jpg

Photo0834FourBySix.jpg

Photo0836FourBySix.jpg

Photo0837FourBySix.jpg

Photo0838FourBySix.jpg

Photo0841FourBySix.jpg

Photo0844FourBySix.jpg

Photo0845FourBySix.jpg

Photo0846FourBySix.jpg

Photo0847FourBySix.jpg

Photo0848FourBySix.jpg

Cinderella was really awesome. I love when the characters take extra time like that. 

More pictures coming soon.....