Rumor- DVC being scaled back at Poly?

Tikiman posted about the DVC being scaled back at the Poly.

He also talks about freeloaders invading the beach for fireworks. I guess the Fort isn't the only one that has them. But you can still get a chair at the Poly pool, just sayin.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/news/224-july-news

I have a hard time believing that they will convert an existing Poly longhouse to DVC.  I don't see how reconfiguring those spaces, including removing walls to expand and combine the existing rooms into suites, is practical when considering the construction techniques employed by US Steel.  Maybe I'm completely wrong, but it doesn't seem as simple as with a "ground up" building.  But we shall see.  If DVC eventually comes to the Poly, I would still expect a new building rather than a remodel. 

Wow.  Never heard of Tikiman.  This just solidifies that anyone can have a blog.

I love when people claim to have inside knowledge and discuss changes to a project that hasn't even been announced.

I agree with Dave- there is no way that they would get away with converting an existing building and trying to sell it off as DVC units.

This Tikiman mentions a lazy river that is now being scaled back.  A lazy river at the Polynesian?  No way

not that I would know but there is even a speaker out there on the poly beach that plays the music

Yes there are speakers.

But, for the 4th of July Fireworks, which is what Tikiman is complaining about, they bring out the Electric Water Pageant barges and use them to broadcast the audio for the fireworks.  It is quite impressive.

TCD

If you're staying at any WDW resort you're entitled to enjoy the amenities of all the resorts ...except for the pool. 8)

We were at the Poly having dinner and as we were finishing the server told us that if we hurry we could see the water parade down on the beach.

Me thinks that Tikiman knows not what he speaks about.

After reading tikimans post it reminded me of something. We stayed at the Poly over the fourth of July week and one day we got back to the room and found our patio furniture in the room.

Turns out they put all 1st floor furniture inside on the 3rd so people wouldn't steal it to take to the beach to watch fireworks.

Crazy I wouldn't have ever even considered doing that but I guess a lit if people do.

WBI

I have been to the Fort 8-10 times I think.  I hereby qualify myself as an expert and will call myself, FortyPantsMan.

My blog will be forthcoming, but for my first order of business I need to let you know that the River Country Wagon will be returning to its rightful place within the next 200 years.

Also, Fort management has heard your complaints and has decided to put a dole whip machine inside Trails End.

They are also going to crash and lodge a golfcart into a cypress tree and affix a sign nearby.