Fort official site specs vs FW Sites app

I made a few Fort reservations when we had a Class A using those specs, but by the time we showed up last month we had traded it for a larger 5th wheel TH and were making our first trip with it.  We were the only ones at the gate checking in, so the CM was nice enough to pull out her site binder to make sure we had a large spot with not a difficult back-in as we'd always been there with Class A or Cs before, and I had done the online check-in with the Class A.  Both RVs are the same length but the 5er also has the giganto-truck that needs to be parked, plus the golf cart.

I pulled out my trusty FW Sites app and we started comparing sites to find the best one.  We had pets with us so were looking in the 700 loop.

The app info was completely different then the CM's info on each site we looked at in 700.  The CM had the sites dimensions usually 15-20 ft larger then the app.  I told her I'd been using the app info for a while and it had always been accurate, and she said she thought they'd done some work on 700 recently, so I thought maybe the app was out of date for this loop.

Wrong!  The 65' site she thought she was putting us in was under 50.  We had to hang the back end over the woods and park the truck sideways to fit.  Since we were just there for the weekend we just dealt with it.   But now I'm paranoid that we're going to continually be assigned to under-sized spots in the 5er.    When we went in May, still in the Class A, one of our travelling group families was in a shorter 5er and we had to swap spots with us  after he couldn't fit into his assigned spot in 1400.

Has anyone else noticed Disney is apparently hallucinating their site sizes, at least in 700?

...I told her I'd been using the app info for a while and it had always been accurate, and she said she thought they'd done some work on 700 recently, so I thought maybe the app was out of date for this loop.

Wrong!  The 65' site she thought she was putting us in was under 50.

Wanna make a bet she's never actually set foot in the 700 loop? It's very possible they did work at some point that changed the site sizes... and that they never updated that trusty binder accordingly.   8)

Might be worth using the app to pick some sites to request next time around.

We usually give them our top 3-5 and have had good luck getting one of our requests each time.

one day last yr another fiend and I and I think Jens CJ took a ride to look at some sites compared to the measurements given by the CM book.

A few of the sites on bendsin the road were prob measured from the back to the farthest point of the curve, well if you go by that measurement there was about 10 feet of unusable length to the site, some might even be more. I believe they measured them to the longest point to make everyone feel happy that they have this gigantic site when in reality the usable space is a lot less.

When we go for more then a weekend it's usually with a group and we put a request in, but since we're somewhat local when we just do a weekend, I'm not that picky about where we stay as long as we'll FIT.   Except for tiny spot last time, I don't know that we've had a 'bad' spot, except the horn on the MK ferry ship all night in the premium pet loops makes me crazy. 

How do you usually put a site request in? Call, fax?

• 4 weeks later...

I just downloaded the app and it is very impressive. I will have my DH go through and figure out a few sites to request. Since we have a hybrid we always add several feet to the size. It's a 23 footer but once the back bed tips out it adds 5 feet at least. I figure it's best to say we have a 30 foot trailer that way they won't put us in a tiny spot but with this app we will be able to know before we head off to the site if it will work. Thanks a million.