Hollywood Brown Derby testing new lunch menu - Disney's Hollywood Studios

The Touring Plans Blog has posted a review of the new lunch menu being tested at the Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney's Hollywood Studios...

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/08/04/hollywood-brown-derby-tests-new-lunch-menus-a-review/

Excerpts...

The Signature Lunch Specialties menu, according to the times guide, included old favorites such as the noodle bowl and famous Cobb salad and three new items: A tuna Niçoise salad, a waygu beef burger with house-made fries, and an open-faced crab sandwich. You could also order off of the regular full Brown Derby menu.

hbd-1.jpg

Waygu beef burger with house-made fries

20130801-073021.jpg

Hollywood Brown Derby Test Lunch Menu

We have been once and DH and I both had the cobb salad and grapefruit cake because of all the reviews we had read.  When the salad was served, the waiter asked if we wanted it mixed.  We said "sure" thinking, why not?  The salad was really tasty - for the first 20 bites.  The problem with getting it mixed is that every single bite tastes all the same.  Though good, we tired of it quickly.  It would have been much better not mixed. 

How's the grapefruit cake?

I remember it being OK but not as good as hyped.  I don't mind occasionally paying the big prices for amazing food or memorable character experiences for my kids.  This was neither.  We like that we can check Brown Derby off the Disney restaurant to-do list but feel no need to go back.

I have heard some people say they like the atmosphere in there because it is like they aren't even in a theme park.  Hmmm.... personally I relish every moment in Disney theme parks!

Overall I have nothing against a burger with an egg on top....but I'm more a greasy diner kind of guy.  This one just looks too froo foo to me. 

I vote for a greasy burger too. And not that I am a food snob but breakfast food and dinner food on the same plate just don't look appetizing to me. Yes that is right fried chicken and waffles get a big NO from me too.

DH isn't picky about where his burger + egg comes from, as long as it's a decent burger.

In a pinch he's been known to go the DIY route at Cracker Barrel and order a burger and a single fried egg on the side.

Of course when we're camping, he's been known to throw an egg on just about anything for breakfast... including leftover pizza from Trails End.