Any Fiends Stay @ Fort De Soto Park Campground?

It is a beautiful park, but sites are very tight. I think Lou did some damage to his MH when he was there a couple of years ago. I am not sure if your camper is smaller, but check with him and look up reviews. If you do decide it isn't far from us, so maybe we would get to see you there!!! ( I am sure that will make your decision easier LOL)

It is a beautiful park, but sites are very tight. I think Lou did some damage to his MH when he was there a couple of years ago. I am not sure if your camper is smaller, but check with him and look up reviews. If you do decide it isn't far from us, so maybe we would get to see you there!!! ( I am sure that will make your decision easier LOL)

That would awesome!  We haven't made any decisions yet, but I'm leaning towards giving it a try.  Lorna are there any other places you know of that are right on the water?  We are trying to find places with sites right on the water.

I think I posted on that trip report. We started camping at fort desoto. Like everyone says, the sites are extremely tight and there are a lot of low hanging branches. If you like walks on the beach, it's a great place to go. The last time we were there the kids were bored within 1/2 a day. The place can also turn into a dust bowl quick. Also it's the larger habitat for raccoons I have ever seen

Steve, there are CG's in Crystal River  and Homossa that are on canal's leading to the River, but there isn't swimming in them. They do have rental boats. I think if it is still there, a small cg on the gulf in Siesta Key. I know there is one in Destin, which is in the panhandle. Also look into St. Augustine, which is on your way down. Bryn Myr is on the ocean, we used to love it there, because if you kept your windows open you could hear the waves breaking. I haven't been there in a very long time, so I would look up reviews. I think there are also some state parks in that area on the water.

• 1 month later...

Been there many times, usually for some down time after staying at FW....  ;-)  There are 3 "loops",  one for Tents and Pop-ups only, one for any camper w/ pets, and one for any camper w/o pets.   All 3 have some waterfront sites and some non-waterfront.  Many have their own little beach where you can put in kayaks/canoes right from your site.

It really is a gorgeous place if you get the right spot (the sunsets are amazing) and you're careful when getting into and out of the sites.  It is also just a minute away within the same park from a beach that was voted best in the country a few years ago