The following rope drop changes have taken place at Disney's Animal Kingdom starting yesterday (August 8th):

Guests will no longer be stopped at the Discovery Island tip board for an official rope drop moment.

Guests will be allowed entry into the park 15 minutes prior to official park opening to experience a "surprise and delight" moment.

A pre-recorded message will welcome Guests to the park as they enter via the entry portals.

During these 15 minutes, the following food & beverage locations and attractions will be open:
Isle of Java - Discovery Island

Kilimanjaro Safaris

TriceraTop Spin

Expedition Everest

Serka Zong Bazaar

FastPass tickets will NOT be distributed during these 15 minutes.

This change does not effect Guests with breakfast ADRs for Tusker House.

I don't even understand this.  So what's changing?  They open 15 minutes earlier than posted time?  So won't everybody just show up 15 minutes earlier?  And no rope drop, so basically the park will open 15 minutes before posted opening time and there will be a mad dash to EE...15 minutes early?  Whatever. 

More importantly, will they still have bag check?  I don't want to cause alarm when I sneak my big jug of Roundup in.  15 minutes early. 

I don't even understand this.  So what's changing?  They open 15 minutes earlier than posted time?  So won't everybody just show up 15 minutes earlier?  And no rope drop, so basically the park will open 15 minutes before posted opening time and there will be a mad dash to EE...15 minutes early?  Whatever. 

More importantly, will they still have bag check?  I don't want to cause alarm when I sneak my big jug of Roundup in.  15 minutes early. 

The difference is they're going to open 15 minutes early, but they aren't going to hold you at the tree anymore (like they usually do). So, you can just go wherever you want, like at Epcot that also opens early every day. But if you are a newbie that never reads stuff, you'd never know. It's just like most people don't know that DHS opens 20-40 minutes earlier than advertised most days.

If you go early, the animals are just waking up and are easier to catch.

yes and the Lions, who if unfeed at this point, are more dangerous and cunning

I ain't afraid of no stinkin' lion.

I think she meant robe drop. It's a new thing I heard they are trying to keep thing more natural... Animal kingdom in the buff

I have always assumed AK was an extension of the Fort, where clothing is always optional...