My goodness, Lou!  What sort of picture do I have to post to ward off that whole "rational" thing?  8)

By AKA, I presume you mean tagging my real name onto my screen name?  (I am still a newbie around here remember?  A loudmouthed, overactive newbie granted, but a newbie all the same.)  Sure, sounds like fun.  Besides, it probably would be awkward to call me Thrill to my face at the Fort sometime.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is not into D&B purses which is lucky for me.  I'm running out of internal organs to sell to afford my Disney trips and races.       And it's one of the reasons I have gotten so into this foru

Further proof of my rationality:   From the Disney Marathon a few years ago:   Yes, that's me running as Tigger.  Case closed.

If you thought the Tigger picture was scary, here's my outfit from the 5K during marathon weekend this past January.  I had people stopping me, taking pictures of my back, and instantly posting online

Besides, it probably would be awkward to call me Thrill to my face at the Fort sometime.

lol that's what you think. Give me half a chance. :clint:

Now about the marathon purses. You are buying one for dramamama at each race, right? One must have their priorities straight after all...

Besides, it probably would be awkward to call me Thrill to my face at the Fort sometime.

Exactly, as just one of the locals that has the opportunity to meet Fiends face to face on a regular basis at the Fort, it's nice to have a real name.

It's also, among other things, what makes the FF.Net website unique. The fact that members will probably meet seems to dictate how we behave towards each other. There's no hiding behind a screen name.

And although we may be snarky at times, it's always, always, in fun.

Fiends never worry about awkward.  8)

Nope. I have never met Doodle or TCD but someday I will. And it would take way to much brain power to call them by their real names.

I'm pretty sure they will answer to Doodle and TCD.  :)

lol that's what you think. Give me half a chance. :clint:

Now about the marathon purses. You are buying one for dramamama at each race, right? One must have their priorities straight after all...

She is not into D&B purses which is lucky for me.  I'm running out of internal organs to sell to afford my Disney trips and races.

Exactly, as just one of the locals that has the opportunity to meet Fiends face to face on a regular basis at the Fort, it's nice to have a real name.

It's also, among other things, what makes the FF.Net website unique. The fact that members will probably meet seems to dictate how we behave towards each other. There's no hiding behind a screen name.

And it's one of the reasons I have gotten so into this forum so fast.  It is a real blessing to find a whole group of people who love the Fort as much as I do AND that have a healthy amount of snarkiness.

Looking forward to it, Lou!  Well, here goes........  Gotta go update my name......

Gee, I feel so accepted!

Funny thing... I was never "Mo" until the Fiends.

I think I have Lou to thank for that one.  :)

Although I'm certainly not above taking credit where credit is not due, I may have, but I don't think it was me that gave you the Mo nickname.

And it's one of the reasons I have gotten so into this forum so fast.  It is a real blessing to find a whole group of people who love the Fort as much as I do AND that have a healthy amount of snarkiness.

Well, here goes........  Gotta go update my name......

Gee, I feel so accepted!

Now we can welcome you for real, besides, you're not the only Andy and Janet living in Georgia.

Hi Andy.  Thanks for sharing some of the funny experiences you had running these races.  Being a spectator also has its comic rewards.  Last year I was riding the monorail from MK to epcot.  The Marathon followed the same route so I was able to watch the runners from up high.  Two female runners discovered their intestines would no longer hold all the carbs they swallowed before the race and ran off into the mediam of the road, pulled down their shorts, leaned against a palm tree and took an emergency dump.  I often wondered if they knew how many people on that packed train had a good laugh at their expense or it they could see the hundred portapotties 150 yards further down the road like we all could.  Good times.  I also wondered if there was someone who made an official record of those who tossed their cookies or soiled their shorts along the route.  I also would like to know what that 275 lbs woman was thinking when she signed up for this.  Enquiring minds want to know. 

I always find it funny that right after the start of the race hundreds of runners cross the starting line and then immediately run into the trees for a quick restroom break.  I had to do that one year myself.  You can spend a long time in those corrals waiting for the race to start.  It does look a bit like Monty Python's Marathon for Incontinence (at 1:17 and 2:21 in the following clip.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmyz_f8Sx14

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be there! I'll be "running" my first 10K. My sister and I have been training (couch to 10K) since mid-July. I've mastered "shuffling" a distance of almost 5 miles so far. My daughter and son will also be running the 10K. Of course, they have youth on their side...

Still waiting to experience that runner's high everyone keeps talking about. :/

All you need is relentless forward momentum! You'll enjoy the 10K -- whether you get the runner's high or not.

The runner's high is VERY real however. Endorphins are a very good thing!

So are shin splints.... :(

(My latest hurdle)

All you need is relentless forward momentum! You'll enjoy the 10K -- whether you get the runner's high or not.

The runner's high is VERY real however. Endorphins are a very good thing!

So are shin splints.... :(

(My latest hurdle)