Newbie looking to do some brain picking

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum though I have been stalking it for about a month now.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not and I'll apologize ahead of time if it is not.

I called and booked my 3rd ever stay at FW last week and requested a preferred site and informed them I would be bring my dog. From what I can figure out that should put me in the 300 loop. Does anyone have a favorite spot or suggestions on good spots in this loop that I could call and request. I know from reading on here requesting a site or several sites does not mean you will get them. The last time we stayed ( last month) it was just for overnight and we were in the 1600 loop inside site and before that was years ago in a cabin.

Also is there any must see or dos, tips or tricks we should know. Hopefully now that we have a travel trailer and will be renewing our season passes we will be able to stay at least 1or 2 weekends a month

First of all :-gif.gif

We were only on the 300 loop once (and not really by choice) with our daughter and her family and we had sites 345 & 347 and they weren't bad and close to the comfort station. I'm sure our 300 regulars will be along soon. As to what to do. Watch wishes from the beach, take the boat or bus to Wilderness Lodge and take in the Elelctric water parade (sorry Lou).

Welcome!!

300 is indeed the only preferred pet loop - which isn't to say that if it's busy they may not still put you in 100 or 200.

I'd suggest shooting for one of the outer loop sites - much roomier and most are longer than the inner loop sites.

There are some nice sites in the beginning of the loop that back up to the canal and have a view of the dog park.

A little further through, up to about 328 there are sites that back up to the nice grassy area along the canal dog walk.

Sites from about midway along the outer loop (333-ish) to 3/4 of the way around tend to be fairly long and decently spaced from each other.  The only downside for some of those is that you can see your neighbors in the 200 loop behind you.  They're not close, but since they cleared out a lot of the invasive vegetation in there, there's not a lot of trees/bushes in between.

One thing to keep in mind in 300 is that there are some sites at weird angles to the road (the loop is fairly tight) and with trees in some funky places that can make it a bit of a challenge for slide outs and awnings. If you get assigned to a site you have a hard time actually fitting in, call the front desk and ask for another site.

If you haven't checked out out some of the site resources we've got here (mobile app, videos, Google Earth, etc.), take a peek at this page for more info and links.

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

It looks like Monique has addressed your questions on 300....appropriate since she is one of our resident 300 loop gurus.  So....I will give you advice you didn't ask for but I think you need. 

Get a GAG....the fried chicken dinner from Trails End takeout.  Yummy, and tons of food for the price. 

Take picture of your GAG, and post it here for us to see.

Go to the Wilderness Lodge, to Roaring Forks quick serve dining spot, and get some chili and a Magic Cookie Bar.

Think about getting a Fort Fiends sign, so other Fiends will stop to say hello. 

Rent a canoe at the Fort.

Bring a fishing pole and use some leftover GAG chicken skin as bait.  Drop your line into one of the canals. 

Definitely watch the fireworks and the water parade from the beach! 

Enjoy the trip!

Hunt some armadillos for dinner.

Stop by the 3000 loop spa for free press pot Kona coffee.

Say hello to the celebrity bartender.

Britney-Spears-Bartender--4364.jpg

Buy a lifetime refillable beer mug.

Hunt some armadillos for dinner.

Stop by the 3000 loop spa for free press pot Kona coffee.

Say hello to the celebrity bartender.Britney-Spears-Bartender--4364.jpg

Buy a lifetime refillable beer mug.

Thank you all. Now you have given me even more questions.

1. What is the water parade and is it certain days/nights?

2. Is a Fort Fiends sign something one makes them self or purchases?

3. Where do I get the lifetime refillable beer mug, that is certainly a must, hahaha ( I'm to lazy to hunt armadillos, those suckers a fast)

Electrical Water Pageant is a really really old classic nighttime parade that comes by the Fort beach every night at 9:45.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/electrical-water-pageant/

Fort Fiends signs are made by our fantabulous webmaster and queen of Snarky.

You can see them here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/store/product/2-fort-fiends-campsite-sign/

There have been some hiccups in the online store recently.  If you hit any snags, just PM AuburnJen and she can help you.

Electrical Water Pageant is a really really old classic nighttime parade that comes by the Fort beach every night at 9:45.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/electrical-water-pageant/

Be sure and invite Lou (our friendly WDW bus driver Fiend) to join you on the beach for the EWP.  It is one of his favorite things in the world.  :hah:

Where IS he, by the way?  Haven't heard from him in a while......

I know someone more knowlegdeable than I will be by to tell you when the buses stop running.  But I just have to give a plug for my favorite nighttime fun.  Take a boat to the Contemporary, then the monorail over to the Polynesian and get yourself a pineapple drink.  Sure to be a good time for everyone!