Disney Moms Panel Search starts today

Just thought I'd share the application process starts today. I can't apply this year because training is right around my due date. The last 2 years I made it to the second round.

We need to get a fiend on the panel (*ahem TCD so you can make a trip report about training) and maybe they could have more correct answers with a fiends knowledge.

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/recruiting/

Good luck all. From what I understand, there are something like 6 stages to go through. A couple involve an interview and writing an essay. You have to progressively make it to the next and even then, you are not guaranteed a spot on the panel.

I find the "moms" panel fun to read. some of the info they give is downright funny. One recent question was regarding the Glow with the Show ears. The questions was will they do anything in WDW.

The answer?

They are exclusive to Dinseyland and California Adventures. We can only hope they introduce them in WDW in the future.

This was on the 9th of Sept 2013. After the announcement that the ears are coming to WDW next month.

There is 3 rounds.

Second round is a few essays and a 60 second video. I forget how many questions, if I remember I will look up my questions and answers from last year.

Third round and final is phone interview. About 1/2 to 1/3 get picked. I think there was around 30ish people who got interviewed on the phone.

Cool! How often to they pick new people? 

It seems to be once a year - in the fall.  I think they are up to picking about 40 people now that they are also looking for people that specialize in knowledge about the cruises, ESPN events, Spanish speakers, and Adventures by Disney. 

• 1 month later...

I got my rejection notice today:

On behalf of Disney Parks, I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to apply for the 2014 Disney Parks Moms Panel.

With the thousands of applications we received, it's a great undertaking to choose such a small number of Disney Parks fans to be a part of the new Panel.

Unfortunately, your application was not selected this year to move forward to Round 2 of the selection process.

Please know that we were not only touched by your passion for Disney Parks, but the wonderful stories you conveyed to us in your answers.

While this is not the easiest news to deliver, we hope this does not diminish your spirit for Disney Parks. And, we hope this does not discourage you from applying again next year.

As Walt Disney once said, "All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." In fact, many of our Disney Parks Moms Panelists applied multiple times before becoming members of the Panel so we hope you will consider applying in future years.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your love of Disney Parks with us and applying for the Disney Parks Moms Panel.

Sincerely,

Gary

Gary Buchanan
Social Media Managing Editor
Disney Parks