Well since it's officially been 1 year since our last visit to the World, it's time to start planning the next one (hopefully). 

Originally, I was hoping to get on a cruise next year, but DH's job is sort of shaky at the moment and it just seems like over-reaching, so I thought we could get some days in at WDW. I know the kids (and I) would choose the FW cabins as first choice, but those are also rather expensive, so I'm thinking we can could maybe swing a moderate and take one whole day to spend at FW. 

DD is old enough now to do the trail ride and I was wondering if anyone has done it? What time do they start those in the morning? I'm thinking we could do that, explore FW then hit HDDR, campfire and end at the beach for the fireworks. Which gets me to my next question...what time do the do HDDR? I tried looking on the "official" website, but couldn't find it. 

Thanks Fiends!

Misty

Not one of your questions; but, a least one of the regulars on here rents campers. You make your reservation for The Fort and coordinate with them, then they bring the camper and set it up. It would probably be cheaper then a Moderate resort. Sorry I can't help with HDDR or the Trail Rides.

Well since it's officially been 1 year since our last visit to the World, it's time to start planning the next one (hopefully). 

Originally, I was hoping to get on a cruise next year, but DH's job is sort of shaky at the moment and it just seems like over-reaching, so I thought we could get some days in at WDW. I know the kids (and I) would choose the FW cabins as first choice, but those are also rather expensive, so I'm thinking we can could maybe swing a moderate and take one whole day to spend at FW. 

DD is old enough now to do the trail ride and I was wondering if anyone has done it? What time do they start those in the morning? I'm thinking we could do that, explore FW then hit HDDR, campfire and end at the beach for the fireworks. Which gets me to my next question...what time do the do HDDR? I tried looking on the "official" website, but couldn't find it. 

Thanks Fiends!

Misty

I have not done the Trail ride. Here is what info I could find on that. Doesnt have the time you mentioned you were looking for but I will keep digging. 

Horseback Trail Rides 

$46/45 min

Guests 9 years of age and up can ride through an idyllic woodland teeming with deer, ducks, armadillos and rabbits. Perfect for beginner and intermediate riders, trail rides are a relaxing way to explore the natural beauty of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Reservations are recommended, and closed-toe shoes are required. Riders must be over 48 inches tall and weigh under 250 pounds. Check-in is located at the entrance of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

The HDDR times can change and they sometimes cancel shows. These are todays times

4:00 pm

6:15 pm

8:30 pm

I would also recommend checking out Fortcamperrental.com That is Curt's business. I have stayed in one of his pop ups and they are very comfortable. I would stay again in a heartbeat. You can get a partial site and a PUP for a lot cheaper then a moderate. 

Hope that all helps. 

On the subject of the trail rides- it is a fun thing to do once.  The truth of the matter is that the horses go very, very slow, nose to tail, through the entire ride. The trail takes you through a wooded area of the Fort, and there isn't much to see.  All of my girls and I have done it, but it's rather expensive for what you get.  But what else would you expect at Disney?  If your daughter has any experience riding horses, she will find the trail ride boring.

TCD

Trail ride is great. The pups are great, however we wanted a few more creature comforts so we rented a 5th wheel from one of our members, it was awesome. He delivers it, sets it up, provided all linens, towels, pots, pans, dishes, etc. it even comes with a golf cart. The 5th wheel has two seperate bedrooms. Which was nice. The only thing it didn't come with was food. PM Donnie, stacktester or go to his website. Www.makecampingeasy.com

I'm the only one in the fam who has any experience riding horses (and that's going back some years). Last time in Disney, we went places and did things we had never done before. I'm trying to find new things to try so I'm ok if it's a "well that was fun but we don't need to do it again" kind of thing. 

But thanks again guys!

I'm the only one in the fam who has any experience riding horses (and that's going back some years). Last time in Disney, we went places and did things we had never done before. I'm trying to find new things to try so I'm ok if it's a "well that was fun but we don't need to do it again" kind of thing. 

But thanks again guys!

And that is exactly what the trail ride is.

I knew it was a little lame from my older daughter, but I still let the twins do it when they were finally old enough.  It was something that they looked forward to, and to a 9 year old, it's a fun thing.  If your daughter has never ridden a horse, this is the perfect thing for her.

None of my girls ever asked to do it again.  Which tells me something.

TCD

They have Segway tours of the Fort for 16 and older. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/wilderness-back-trail-adventure/ Not sure of the prices. Must be pricey since they don't list it on the page.

They have also started archery "classes". https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/fort-wilderness-archery-experience/ 7 and up, $25 to $39 for 90 minutes.

This is one of the best things we've done at the fort...

Wagon Rides

$5 or $8/45 min

Take an old-fashioned, horse-drawn wagon ride on a scenic tour through Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Available on a first-come, first-served basis, wagon rides depart daily at 7:00 PM and 9:30 PM (weather permitting) from the front of Pioneer Hall.

These 45-minute wagon rides cost $8 for Guests ages 10 and up, and $5 for Guests 3 to 9 years of age.

Group wagon rides (for 30 to 35 Guests) cost $300 per hour and are available with 24-hour notice by calling (407) 824-2832.

Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

We took the grandaughters on it last year and had a blast. It was the 4 of us and I think 3 other people. Got to see a lot of the Fort at a leisurely pace. PS: This is a lot better then the carriage ride and a lot less expensive.

more info on the various wagon/carriage rides...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/activities/tri-circle-d-ranch-pony-wagon-and-carriage-rides-r16

Also check out the "Activities" section on the Site Map page for a bunch more stuff...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/site-map-find-what-you-need-here-r99