I was just going through some of my photo albums and scanned some of my Disney World pics from the 1990's.  Thought I'd share...

Discovery Island - 1990

1990DiscoveryIslandPelican_zps8ee5d474.j

1990DiscoveryIslandparrot_zpsbb007dab.jp

1990DiscoveryIslandTortoise_zps14671d68.

Set of "The Lottery" with Bette Middler at MGM Studios - 1990

1990MGMSetofTheLottery_zpse35ce80c.jpg

Tomorrowland Theater Show - 1990

1990DisneyShow1_zps59682028.jpg

1990DisneyShow2_zpse1662c67.jpg

These photos are great!

Thanks for taking the time to scan them and share them.

These are from the time frame that I first began to visit WDW with my kids.

I am surprised you don't have a photo of the pink castle at the MK.  Everyone who was there for the 25th anniversary has a photo of that.

TCD

;)

1996pinkcastle_zpsefc2c575.jpg

How could I forget the pink castle!  That was my husband's first visit to Disney World, so that was how he first saw the castle.  

;)

1996pinkcastle_zpsefc2c575.jpg

How could I forget the pink castle!  That was my husband's first visit to Disney World, so that was how he first saw the castle.  

Our first visit also, it actually looked better in person than in pictures, but was happy when I finally got to see the castle as it should be.

So, Carol, you didn't hate the pink castle?

Neither did I.  I thought it was great.  My kids did too.  But, we are clearly in a very small minority.

TCD

So, Carol, you didn't hate the pink castle?

Neither did I.  I thought it was great.  My kids did too.  But, we are clearly in a very small minority.

TCD

I didn't "hate" it, but once I finally saw the original, was grateful to not continue to see the "cakestle"

How long was the castle like that? I recall it was like that for a year but could be wrong. I only saw it in pictures but really like it from the creative side

It was up by Sept 96, and they started taking it down the last of Jan, 1st of Feb 1998.  I was there the 1st day the crane went up to start taking it down.