I haven't posted much here but I do come for info and to Daydream... :rofl3: We live in Southern Calif and I haven't been to Disneyland for close to 20 years and its been 15 years since we went to Disneyworld. Since retiring and wanting to use the Motorhome a bit more, we're thinking of a trip down to Florida. After some reading, I see some campsite discounts are available, as much as 20% with AAA but Im wondering about the discounts when you have an annual pass? If we do this Grand trip, we might be tempted to purchase the "Premier Pass" for both Disneyland/World with the parking included. Likely we would stay at the Fort for a couple of weeks and maybe a couple more outside the Fort near by and I'm sure we'd use this pass plenty here in So Cal also. On some WEB sites it states the with an annual pass, discounts at the Fort can be enhanced greatly during slow times of the year. We've been in Oct before and had a Great Time......anyways, Thanks for any info you can provide.

Dwight

I don't know how much the premier pass costs or how many park days you are planning but if its less expensive to get an AP then to pay for daily tickets if do it. Because you will still get discounts on other things like Food, merchandise, etc

Have fun and be safe.

I don't know how much the premier pass costs or how many park days you are planning but if its less expensive to get an AP then to pay for daily tickets if do it. Because you will still get discounts on other things like Food, merchandise, etc

Have fun and be safe.

$979

I would love to be able to get a discount. We are going in July 2014, any suggestions? We are not AAA members, but would not mind becoming a member if it could get us a decent discount. I was reading somewhere that not all AAA locations have the same offers? I haven't had time to check here in Texas yet, but do ya'll know anything about that?

We were able to get a 20% discount on our campsite for this fall with AAA.  That's not always the case, but it seems to be the best available discount on campsites out there these days. The number of sites they offer at a discount is limited (and sometimes effected by the category of site as well) and discounts aren't available all the time.  We called back 4 times since the spring and finally were able to snag one about a month or so ago.

Each AAA office/regional office is independently owned.  What that means for WDW is that you may or may not be able to get park tickets from them at a small discount.  Up this way (NH) you can't, but I know some of the southern offices offer it.

The campsite discount is through Disney, so it's the same regardless of what AAA office you use.

I would love to be able to get a discount. We are going in July 2014, any suggestions? We are not AAA members, but would not mind becoming a member if it could get us a decent discount. I was reading somewhere that not all AAA locations have the same offers? I haven't had time to check here in Texas yet, but do ya'll know anything about that?

The campsite discount is through Disney, so it's the same regardless of what AAA office you use.

Yup.

And, you don't have to provide any proof that you actually belong to AAA to ask about the availability of the discount.  Or to even book the reservation with the discount.

If you are lucky enough to snag one of the discounts, the reservation will clearly say that a valid AAA card must be presented at check-in.  I just checked in at the Fort last week with such a reservation.  As has always been the case for me, the CM did not ask me for the AAA card, and I still got the discount.  This has always been a sore spot with me.  I've paid for my AAA membership for over 30 years now.  I believe that non-AAA members take advantage of the discount, and that is why they are so hard to get.

TCD

And, you don't have to provide any proof that you actually belong to AAA to ask about the availability of the discount.  Or to even book the reservation with the discount.

Actually for the first time ever, we were asked for our AAA number on the phone this time around. 

Actually for the first time ever, we were asked for our AAA number on the phone this time around. 

Interesting. But not surprising that something is being done inconsistently at Disney. I was not asked for my number when I made the reservation, which was in the last few weeks, and was not asked to show my card when I checked in on the 26th.

I wish they would be consistent with this.  If they would limit the discount to actual AAA members, maybe I could get the discount more often.

TCD

We rented a cabin last year and used my daughters Delta employee discount (since discontinued :-( ). 

We had to fax them her proof of employment within 48 hours of booking, had to have her as the primary, and she had to be with us when we checked in.

The biggest issue was making sure she got in from Omaha before we headed to the fort. 

And the discount was only good for the cabins at the fort, and some of the higher priced hotels.

Hi all.......Thank you all for your replies. Its funny how discounts change all the time but I guess that's just how it is. I remember when Mom was with us during our first trip to Disneyworld, we actually tent camped at the Fort and part of Mom's Senior package included the boarding of our 1 dog at the time at the Disneyworld kennel. Even then, the wife and I didn't like leaving our doggie in a Kennel but you had no choice back then. We all had a Great 10 days at the Fort, wish Mom was still around to go again!

Anyways.....that was my thought regarding the Premier Pass, I could use it year round here in So Calif and then use it for whatever time we spent at Disneyworld......up front cost would be high but in the long run, its a money saver.  Thanks again all!