• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We made it back home!!! Seriously the best trip ever!  I feel great and everything went smoothly.  I have some pictures for my first trip report that I'll post once the mini monsters pass out.  Thanks

This is the only place I can share my accomplishment, most of my family and friends think I'm crazy for trying to do this solo.  So here's the background, my husband is deployed and I have decided to

Hi Kelly,  Your going to be just fine.  You got some good advice here but I will add my two cents.  First, you can pick up a spare tire already mounted on a wheel at many Walmarts.  Check to see how o

We made it back home!!! Seriously the best trip ever!  I feel great and everything went smoothly.  I have some pictures for my first trip report that I'll post once the mini monsters pass out.  Thanks to all of you for giving me the advice and support to accomplish everything!  I am so blessed to have stumbled upon such a remarkable group of people!  I try to learn a new skill every time my husband deploys, he was giving me a hard time over Skype this evening because it only took me a month into this deployment to conquer this one!  I'l just have to fine tune it by taking multiple trips between now and the time he gets back!  Practice makes perfect!!!!  

Hope DH gets home soon so you can show off your new skill on your next trip to the Fort .

It'll be awhile before, he just left and I don't plan on waiting until he gets back!  If i keep up my current trend I'll be a pro by the time he gets back:)

For those that can't remember which way the trailer goes when you turn the wheel:

Put your hand on the bottom of the wheel and move your hand in the direction you want the trailer to go. 

Dan

I love this trick!  I pulled the trailer in front of our house and practiced for nearly two hours backing up into different "sites".  Thank goodness for DVD players to keep the little monsters entertained.  They actually wanted to get back in the truck when I was done which is when I decided a trip to the beach was a good idea.

Congratulations Kelly, and thanks for your family's service.

We sold our "old" 37' MH to our daughters (technically my stepdaughters).  She and her friend came from Mobile to pick it up this weekend after we had some repair work done on it.  I spent the weekend training them on the systems, and they took off early afternoon.  I had cautioned them that the tanks were not empty and they might not want to carry that stuff home.  I told them about the Welcome Station at the AL state line near West Point, and how to find the dump station.  They knew enought to know they had to put the hose in the hole in the ground before opening the valve(s).  I got several text messges later in the day saying they had successfully emptied the tanks and every thing was clean (unlike Robin Williams).  They got safely home around 10 p.m.

So long, Suncruiser.  It's been a good ride.