Off the beaten path-Willowtree Campground

If you're looking for a quiet Myrtle Beach getaway believe it or not, there is such a thing!  Willowtree Campground is in Longs, SC and it's about 15 minutes from the beach driving.  This was our first trip so I decided to go for an easier campground that had good reviews.  Willowtree lived up to all the 5 star reviews!  Its very clean, people are friendly and its has great amenities.  My favorite thing wasn't even listed on the website, the stars were amazing!  They were so bright, you could see clusters of stars, it looked like pixie dust in the sky!  Just a note, be careful with GPS directions, it can send you to the campgrounds neighbor down the road and by the anti camper sign in his road, I wasn't the first to come his way.

There is a long drive from the road

IMG_0254.jpg

There is a pool, kiddo pool and hot tub with decent seating

IMG_0253.jpg

They have a nice trail all the way around the lake which by the way is 34 acres

IMG_0248.jpg

Thanks to The Troll, I will always seek out the empty volley ball court in all my trips

IMG_0247.jpg

Lake swimming and the cottages and park models in the back.

IMG_0246.jpg

Kiddo Corral

IMG_0245.jpg

They supposedly have quite the fishing spot

IMG_0244.jpg

You can rent water crafts aka john boats

IMG_0243.jpg

All the crazy Canadians in the cold water and mini monster shell hunting

IMG_0237.jpg

Cherry Grove pier 

IMG_0236.jpg

Her first time at the beach

IMG_0233.jpg

03052e55-1fa0-49db-92ba-b2ce211f2aef.jpg

The sites were larger than anywhere we have stayed in the past.

Great job on this report!

I like your trailer.  I saw one like this at the Fort on my last visit, and at that point I was not aware that someone is again manufacturing trailers with the Coleman name.

I appreciated your comment about seeing the stars.  Sadly, Fort Wilderness is a terrible place to try to stargaze.  There is so much light pollution around there that even if you find a dark place in the campground, you can barely see any stars.

TCD

Great job on this report!

I like your trailer.  I saw one like this at the Fort on my last visit, and at that point I was not aware that someone is again manufacturing trailers with the Coleman name.

I appreciated your comment about seeing the stars.  Sadly, Fort Wilderness is a terrible place to try to stargaze.  There is so much light pollution around there that even if you find a dark place in the campground, you can barely see any stars.

TCD

Thanks! One of the reasons we bought our house was because of the stars.  Now its slowly getting brighter, guess we'll have to move further away.  Apparently the Colemans are bits and pieces of a few companies.  Thor, Dutchmen, and some others.  We like it, it does the job and is simple.  Can't wait to finish peeling off the decals, I hate being a billboard.

Thanks! One of the reasons we bought our house was because of the stars.  Now its slowly getting brighter, guess we'll have to move further away.  Apparently the Colemans are bits and pieces of a few companies.  Thor, Dutchmen, and some others.  We like it, it does the job and is simple.  Can't wait to finish peeling off the decals, I hate being a billboard.

LOL.  I guess they want everyone to know it's a Coleman.  They must have paid a lot of money for the name.

TCD

A regular pull through, nothing special.  I think third down from the "best" which was lake front

I like it. That is what I would get.

FWGirl said she wants to go there maybe next year off season. She gave me the green light to start planning for next September.

I've heard great things about this campground.  Have a friend who visits there several times a year, and she raves about it.  We've never been there b/c I can't stand to be so close to the ocean and not being able to see it out my window.  Or going to sleep and not being able to hear the waves crashing. 

If you're not a beach person (I think I remember DIT saying he hates sand), then this is definitely a campground to check out!

I've heard great things about this campground.  Have a friend who visits there several times a year, and she raves about it.  We've never been there b/c I can't stand to be so close to the ocean and not being able to see it out my window.  Or going to sleep and not being able to hear the waves crashing. 

If you're not a beach person (I think I remember DIT saying he hates sand), then this is definitely a campground to check out!

I think it will work great for our family, my husband isn't a beach person and I "grew up" at the beach.  Best of both worlds!

Kelly, I saw your site when I looked back. I guess you'll have to look over my lack of attention to detail! :) It does look like a really nice campground. How far is it from there to the beach? Can you golf cart to the beach?

Nope, you reminded me and I added it!  You have to drive a vehicle to the beach, its all main roads mostly at 55 mph.  20 minutes tops to the free parking at Cherry Grove which is in the North Myrtle area.