S71 does AOA and a MNSSHP...Yipeeeee

Your daughter is going to kill you when she gets older and sees that you posted that photo on a public forum.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us.  Value resort is definitely not on a to do list.

Which pic? I guess any one of them could get her mad...lol. No more value resort for us  

Just got caught up on your TR.  DH and I must do MNSSHP sometime!

This was a spare of the moment trip and for the past two years we did not go due to school schedules. The MNSSHP is a lot of fun

Great report!

I really want to get down for the Halloween party one day.

Z is dying to ride Space Mountain, but he has quite a few inches to grow.

The party is fun and this is about the only time (space mountain) we enjoy the kids growing up.
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought all the hotels provided towels at the pools?

Since this trip was kind of a review of a value resort, I need some opinions. We are going to do another quick weekend in the middle of January and I found the Caribbean beach resort and Coronado springs on expedia for $142 a night. Are these resorts worth it? Will we see a big difference between these ones and the value resorts and finally which one is better? I know we will still have to deal with the bus system but o well

Never stayed at either, I have friends that have stayed at Caribbean Beach and thought it was a very nice resort.  I know there are multiple bus stops within the resort, so depending on where you are at, you either get dropped off first and picked up first, but then have to go all the way through the resort.  Or you you may not get on the bus because it may fill up at the other stops first.

Since this trip was kind of a review of a value resort, I need some opinions. We are going to do another quick weekend in the middle of January and I found the Caribbean beach resort and Coronado springs on expedia for $142 a night. Are these resorts worth it? Will we see a big difference between these ones and the value resorts and finally which one is better? I know we will still have to deal with the bus system but o well

Does Expedia have anything at Port Orleans?  I would choose Port Orleans way before CBR or CSR.

If I had to choose between those two, I would pick Coronado.  I like the restaurant choices and the main pool better there.  I've stayed a Coronado a few times, but Caribbean Beach only once-we were stuck in the building furthest from the main building, and I hated it.  Way more walking than at a value resort.  I know I wouldn't have hated it as much if we had been assigned to a room closer to the main building.  But I never gave it a second chance.

I personally don't see a big difference between the values and moderates. If we're going to stay in a hotel and not camp, I typically would save the money and stay in a value.

TCD

Does Expedia have anything at Port Orleans?  I would choose Port Orleans way before CBR or CSR.

If I had to choose between those two, I would pick Coronado.  I like the restaurant choices and the main pool better there.  I've stayed a Coronado a few times, but Caribbean Beach only once-we were stuck in the building furthest from the main building, and I hated it.  Way more walking than at a value resort.  I know I wouldn't have hated it as much if we had been assigned to a room closer to the main building.  But I never gave it a second chance.

I personally don't see a big difference between the values and moderates. If we're going to stay in a hotel and not camp, I typically would save the money and stay in a value.

TCD

We actually really love port Orleans. That has been our favorite resort that we could afford so far. I think we have stayed there 3 or 4 times so far. Expedia has the French quarter for $170 which really is not that bad a price for January. I just need to balance out staying there or a 4-5 star resort off property for the same price

We actually really love port Orleans. That has been our favorite resort that we could afford so far. I think we have stayed there 3 or 4 times so far. Expedia has the French quarter for $170 which really is not that bad a price for January. I just need to balance out staying there or a 4-5 star resort off property for the same price

I'm not sure you can justify that cost for POFQ if you can stay at a 4-5 resort for the same price.

If those are the best prices you can get, I would go ahead and give either CBR or CSR a try.  It's only a weekend trip- no big loss if you don't like the resort.  On the other hand, maybe you guys will love it.

TCD

Transportation-wise, I would choose Coronado over CBR. Coronado has a specific bus route... the buses go in a circle to the stops, in at the same place and out at the same place, and you will know how long your bus trip is each time.

CBR has a widely irregular bus service.  There are 4 bus entrances to the resort, and depending on where the bus is coming "from" your ride around the resort could be different every time.  You could be the last stop one trip and head directly to your destination, but the very next trip somewhere, you could be the 1st stop and get a scenic ride around the entire resort before exiting and heading to your destination.

Also, at CBR, El Centro (dining and shopping) and the check-in area are two totally different locations.  So if you have to deal with "front desk" issues you have to make a special trip there, you can't just drop in after eating or something.