THE TRAVIS'S UPS AND DOWNS FORT ADVENTURE 10/18

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disney Customer Relations finally came through.   I got my apology letter this past Saturday 11/9 with the phone number on how to claim my comp day for a tent site.   They said to make sure that I boo

Great job finishing the report.  Bonus photos, even.

What's with the air horn strapped to the canoe?  I assume that was provided by the Fort.  That's new.  Did they tell you why it's there?

TCD

Yes, they provided it, but failed to mention what it was for. 

I figured we blew it in case of trouble, don't know who would hear it or respond, especially on our clandestine voyage up behind 1500/1800.

Maybe it's to scare gators.

My granddaughter was dying to try it out.

They could make the canoe trips so much better if they would just clear up the canals and get more water in them.  Heck more people would fish if the canals looked better.  That's just a no brainer and wouldn't cost them a lot to clean up and maintain.

Like I posted earlier, the Fort didn't just open and they don't know what to do yet.  The place has been around since the late 70's.  They should have everything figured out by now !

Of course they did screw up taking away the breakfast truck, train, trams, and the real store at the Meadow!  Oh and the beach at Bay Lake !

I bet all of Golden Oaks canals will stay full and clean!

After looking at your canoeing pictures and then seeing the picture of the water bridge, my mind immediately went to canoeing over the water bridge.  That would be awesome!  I think a future Fiend mission is in order.

I like kayaking, and I know Disney will not allow you to use personal watercraft anywhere on their property.  So, it you are on vacation and have kayaks, canoes, etc with you and check into the Fort, do they allow you to take them to your site, or do they impound them?

I always look all of the various canals that are at Disney and would love to get into them with a kayak. There's quite a few if you go out the back way from the Fort.  Imagine the good fishing there must be in some of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...