Montgomery Bell State Park TN

We camped at Montgomery Bell SP near Dickson, TN (just a bit west of Nashville) this weekend.  Had a great late fall weekend, including some hiking and great campfire weather.  

We last camped here in 2005.  We like this park, but it had two strikes against it for us....no sewer hookups and no reservations.  Well, since 2005, they have added sewer hookups to many of the sites, and beginning earlier this year you can now make reservations at TN State Parks.  

Here are some pics.

DSCN3149.JPG

DSCN3160.JPG

DSCN3162.JPG

Several of the sites back up to this creek.

DSCN3163.JPG

If you cross that bridge you connect onto the park's fairly extensive trail system.  Here is a look back down at the campground from the trail.

DSCN3174.JPG

DSCN3175.JPG

DSCN3182.JPG

There's a replica of the old cabin and the church that were built here in the early 1800's to serve the iron ore miners that came here for work.

DSCN3198.JPG

DSCN3199.JPG

DSCN3203.JPG

We definitely plan on returning here next year....especially as it's less than an hour from our house.  

Thanks for sharing!

I am adding it to my places to go too.

Did you get a chance to go to the Shrine too?

We did.  It sits very close to the cabin.  We went inside, but I didn't take any pictures.  It's a very pretty little church.  There was a sign taped outside that said it was reserved for a wedding that afternoon....would be a beautiful spot for that.  

Wow, the leaves are much further along in "fall" than I would have thought. Was there any color left? 

There was little color left at the park.  We had a huge wind storm on Halloween that took care of the leaves that had turned color.  At my house, the maples still have leaves, but that wasn't very evident at the park.  

Wow, the leaves are much further along in "fall" than I would have thought. Was there any color left? 

I'm with Memphis- it looks like late Fall there.  And cold.

On the very day you took your photos, I was sitting in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium sweating and getting sunburned.

Thanks for sharing the photos- the campground looks nice.  It's probably nicer with leaves on the trees.

TCD

I'm with Memphis- it looks like late Fall there.  And cold.

On the very day you took your photos, I was sitting in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium sweating and getting sunburned.

Thanks for sharing the photos- the campground looks nice.  It's probably nicer with leaves on the trees.

TCD

I am a big fan of late fall.  Short days, gray skies, building a fire to warm up.  Drinking a hot beverage.  The perfect prelude to the Christmas season that will soon be upon us.  I could never get into the spirit when I lived in Florida. 

My camping beer selections typically involve some Russian and/or Ukranian beers.  I think the Ukranians put hallucinogenic mushrooms in their lagers. 

I got to camp with you sometime love different beers :beer: