Photopass-Many lost pictures & Epcot sphere caving in?

Devores rocks!

I will say that the one time my pictures were lost, I filled out the form he referenced, and they were found. I was happy because they were my son showing Jake his Jake and the Neverland Pirates shirt. Awesome pics!

I will stick up for the Tink you meet with the fairies... she's definitely a SHE. Now the one that flies out of the castle..... 

If it makes you feel any better, pictures get lost even using the old card version of the PP. We lost some pictures from Animal Kingdom this summer. I filled out the form, told them exactly where, when and what we were wearing, but they never could find them. Luckily for us, I always have a camera around my neck, so I had plenty of my own pictures.

On a side note, make sure you set a reminder to order your pictures before the 45 days run out. I logged on today to place my final order and all of my pictures were gone. I was one day too late...day 46! No reminder email like they always did in the past. I was a little disappointed, but I learned a lesson. :(

If it makes you feel any better, pictures get lost even using the old card version of the PP. We lost some pictures from Animal Kingdom this summer. I filled out the form, told them exactly where, when and what we were wearing, but they never could find them. Luckily for us, I always have a camera around my neck, so I had plenty of my own pictures.

On a side note, make sure you set a reminder to order your pictures before the 45 days run out. I logged on today to place my final order and all of my pictures were gone. I was one day too late...day 46! No reminder email like they always did in the past. I was a little disappointed, but I learned a lesson. :(

That's a good point. Photos now expire 45 days from the date they were captured. So keep an eye on them.

On that same note, I receive reminders all the time that I have photos about to expire.

I always got reminders in the past, but this time I never got a single one. I even looked in my spam folder today when I noticed they were gone and there wasn't anything in there either. I emailed them today just in case there is a chance that they can retrieve all of them. Since I'm only a day late, I'm hoping they can.

I always got reminders in the past, but this time I never got a single one. I even looked in my spam folder today when I noticed they were gone and there wasn't anything in there either. I emailed them today just in case there is a chance that they can retrieve all of them. Since I'm only a day late, I'm hoping they can.

There is a slight chance, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Its an automatic cleanse that the server does.

So it's been over 48 hours since I called PP and told them I have the wrong pictures on Splash Mountain (a family I don't recognize).  I still have the wrong pictures in my account.  Does that mean they weren't able to locate the correct ones?

So it's a strict 45 days now?

I remember in the past it was "sortof" 30 days.  I one time had about 4 trips about 3 1/2 weeks apart including a trip to California, and since I had new pictures less than 30 days apart, the oldest pictures were still there even after the last trip. I did buy a Photopass CD for that one since there were so many.

Commenting on the Spaceship Earth collapsing, I saw the exact same thing today. I also saw the dirt, which I'd never noticed before. It may have been an optical illusion, but it really did look like the right side (from the parking lot) had caved in some. I only had my phone, though, so I couldn't get any pics of it.

So it's been over 48 hours since I called PP and told them I have the wrong pictures on Splash Mountain (a family I don't recognize).  I still have the wrong pictures in my account.  Does that mean they weren't able to locate the correct ones?

If the new family was better looking than mine, I'd frame em up and put em on the mantle!

Thank you Devores!

I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond.  First I must say, I love the photopass system, and the photographers! We get such nice pictures.  I knew not using a back up (Card) with the new magic band system was risky but I was lazy.   Yes, we used different magic bands for pictures, mostly my band and my husbands.

I did know to look under resorts and more for the special event photos. When they were not there that is when I called. Truly, the photos they recovered for this years Christmas Cards (which are now on the way) are the only ones I now care about.  So I will not bore you with trying to find the lost ones.  I still can't believe they were able to do that. I was really impressed and grateful.

I do enjoy the pictures where the photographer has you hold out a hand or look at something and something special appears in the photo later...and all of the ones we took like that never showed up. But I have NO idea what day or where or with who's band ect..

And at this point I have already spent over $200.00 in Christmas cards I have not even gotten to the photo cd and book so what I have is fine. I did notice they changed the photo pass site, I could not find where you order Return address labels to go with Christmas cards anymore.  So I am going to have to use last years. I wonder why they changed that? Or I just missed it. 

In any case, Thank you for going above and beyond with your reply, people like you are the reason all I want to do is quit everything, sell everything and live at Disney World.

Thanks!  :heartsmiley:

Laura

When I was leaving Epcot one afternoon over a week ago it looked like the Sphere was caving in on top,

Has anyone ever seen this?

From what I'm hearing, it has happened before.

From a distance, it does look like it's caving in, but it's not.

I had to do a second take as I was driving by, what the heck is that?

Thank you Devores!

I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond.  First I must say, I love the photopass system, and the photographers! We get such nice pictures.  I knew not using a back up (Card) with the new magic band system was risky but I was lazy.   Yes, we used different magic bands for pictures, mostly my band and my husbands.

I did know to look under resorts and more for the special event photos. When they were not there that is when I called. Truly, the photos they recovered for this years Christmas Cards (which are now on the way) are the only ones I now care about.  So I will not bore you with trying to find the lost ones.  I still can't believe they were able to do that. I was really impressed and grateful.

I do enjoy the pictures where the photographer has you hold out a hand or look at something and something special appears in the photo later...and all of the ones we took like that never showed up. But I have NO idea what day or where or with who's band ect..

And at this point I have already spent over $200.00 in Christmas cards I have not even gotten to the photo cd and book so what I have is fine. I did notice they changed the photo pass site, I could not find where you order Return address labels to go with Christmas cards anymore.  So I am going to have to use last years. I wonder why they changed that? Or I just missed it. 

In any case, Thank you for going above and beyond with your reply, people like you are the reason all I want to do is quit everything, sell everything and live at Disney World.

Thanks!  :heartsmiley:

Laura

As long as you are happy.

As for the return labels, they reorganized the products offered and eliminated some that just did not sell very well. Unfortunately, the labels were one of them.